It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:43

Text Size

Preconstructed Decks <60 Cards??

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Preconstructed Decks <60 Cards??

Postby superhawk610 » 09 Apr 2014, 13:43

This may be a dumb question, but many of the preconstructed decks that are packaged with Forge contain less than 60 cards, and as such cannot be used. Is there a setting to allow smaller decks to be played, or do I just have a bad installation, or what? I'm using Mavericks, if that makes a difference.
superhawk610

Re: Preconstructed Decks <60 Cards??

Postby Pux » 09 Apr 2014, 15:04

You can disable this in Preferences -> Gameplay and removing the tick next to "Deck Conformance" :)
Pux

Postby superhawk610 » 09 Apr 2014, 17:31

Thanks! Worked perfectly.
superhawk610

Postby friarsol » 09 Apr 2014, 17:58

Which preconstructed decks were less than 60 cards?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 09 Apr 2014, 20:50

friarsol wrote:Which preconstructed decks were less than 60 cards?
Well, Intro Packs from Alara block were 41 cards, I think, and then the various promo decks for Core Sets which have 30 cards.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Fizanko » 11 Apr 2014, 12:48

There are a bit more than 50 preconstructed decks in Forge with 40 or 41 cards only.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby leeterryjr » 28 Jan 2019, 08:06

I know this is a necro of the old post but this was my top result from Google and because I did not find a suitable answer in here I did some poking around myself in the files forges uses and have found a way to actually remove decks that are not at the 60 card limit from the list (not just change the options to have forge ignore the problem as mentioned above). There are 2 ways I have found so far to do that but 1 requires editing the games files or removing them completely and the other will just add a custom filter to remove the decks from the list and this should not cause any problems but it will lower the number of options avalible in the list for opponent decks (obviously).

The easy way adding a custom filter (must be repeated every time you open forge)
You do this using an in-game option that allows you to make a custom filter to enforce the 60 card minimum so open forge if needed.
Now go to the place where you select the opponent decks and right above the list of decks on the top left side you will see a magnifying glass right next to "Custom User Decks". Click that and when you do it will open a menu. In that menu you need to go to add filter and in the new add filter menu that pops out you click advanced. This will open a new window with options for filter types and the ones we want are at or near the bottom of the list for me (main deck size, sideboard size, and deck size). The option you want is main deck size and after you have selected it from the list of options you need to press the ok button that is right under the list of options but NOT the one at the verry bottom of the window (dono waht happens if you press that other one right now but I am guessing it closes window on you). Okay, now it should have a new list of options and the one you want is the symbol for greater than (>). After you select the > symbol press the ok button that is below the list not at bottom of window (just like you did on the list before). So, now on the new list you need to select 59 as the filter so it knows the decks need to be at 60+ cards. With that selected you press the same ok button as before and if you did it right then it should show you your filter as "Main Deck Size > 59". Just press the ok buton at the bottom which we have been avoiding all this time to save and apply the filter. NOTE: you may need to do this once for every player you have in forge (I did) and as mentioned forge will delete your custom filter on exit forcing you to repeat this process every time you launch.

The hard way editing/removing the decks from the game (it may cause issues if you remove decks completely so you may want to edit them instead and you might want to make backups beforehand)

simply go the folder you have forge installed at. Once you are there open the folders labeled res, then quest, and lastly precons. Now you should be in the place all the preconstructed decks are stored. Go through and remove/move any decks that you don't want (so all the ones under 60 cards which you can find by using Forge to look through them). After all the decks you dislike are all removed/moved close/restart forge if it was open so it can load the changes you made. If you dislike the idea of deleting/removing the decks from forge you can always edit the decks and add cards to them instead but you may wish to move the deck files from the precons folder over to the folder used for custom user decks at least till you get there sizes fixed
leeterryjr

Return to Forge