It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:15

Text Size

Forge Android App: 11-13-2016 Alpha 1.5.58.002

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Android App: 4-8-2015 Alpha 1.5.39.004

Postby apansson » 10 Apr 2015, 14:43

I have a problem sometimes that if I click on the left "button" very quick a AI is taking over me.
So it plays spells and attacking and sometimes I actually win and it goes quite fast because it's an AI against an AI.
Very strange, no exception or error.
Can't give more information on what/when/why it happens, will try to look more careful next time it happens.

Someone having the same problem?
apansson

Re: Forge Android App: 4-8-2015 Alpha 1.5.39.004

Postby Agetian » 11 Apr 2015, 05:26

I released v1.5.39.005 on Cardforge, it should now be available for update.

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Re: Forge Android App: 4-11-2015 Alpha 1.5.39.005

Postby drdev » 11 Apr 2015, 11:09

Thanks Agetian. 1.5.39.005 contains the following bug fixes:

- Fixed issue where card zoom would only show card back outside of match.
- Fixed so closing card zoom after swiping left/right to a different card will properly scroll the new card into view on the card list or display area. This allows you to use the card zoom to swipe through the Catalog and not lose your place when the zoom view closes.
- Fixed so "Waiting for opponent..." displays while waiting for opponent to declare blockers.
- Fixed issue where OK button was always disabled on sideboard dialog
- Updated net-decks.txt to latest Forge Decks urls so Net Decks works again (at least for the time being until a permanent home for these decks is found).

Let me know if there are still any lingering bugs with the app.

Also, thank you to the many who have shared kind words about the app as well. It's always good to hear that people are enjoying it.

-Dan
drdev
Programmer

Postby johnny5ive » 11 Apr 2015, 15:23

I've been keeping back my kind words in the interest of not cluttering up the thread but if it's not too annoying I would also like to express my appreciation. As someone who uses my phone in place of a computer, Forge completes me. I can barely get out once a week to play EDH but with Forge I can test my decks anytime. It's amazing. It has seriously leveled up my life. Not only does it work but it works really, really well. Thank you! I will at least be buying you guys a beer.

BTW, is there a way to shortcut combos? Pulling off infinite combos is no fun when you have to manually perform the actions over and over.
johnny5ive

Postby Sirspud » 14 Apr 2015, 20:51

I've noticed that Blood Tribute doesn't work correctly if you kick it. Did some testing in Dev Mode and verified it works fine without kicking, but doesn't drain any life if it's kicked.
Sirspud

Postby metzger » 15 Apr 2015, 17:03

Suppression field is not working at all in this latest version.
I have suppression field on the battlefield, opponent has Liliana of the Veil. Opponent does not have to pay 2 to activate Liliana..

Edit: Supression Field works for my permanents but not the opponents.. lol :p
metzger

Re: Forge Android App: 4-16-2015 Alpha 1.5.39.006

Postby drdev » 17 Apr 2015, 00:23

I released 1.5.39.006 today, which contains the following changes:

- Fix so manlands move to top row when animated into creatures
- Fix deck color algorithm to only account for colors of hybrid and phyrexian cards if those colors can be produced by a land in the deck
- Support showing color producing lands when filtering colors in the deck editor
drdev
Programmer

Postby bevryde » 17 Apr 2015, 14:40

The app is getting better and better. I have suggestions, especially for deck management.

1. More prominently placed deck management. I think it could be available on front page.
2. The deck management screens could save space. The top bar (which shows the deck name) is pretty fat, can you make it smaller? Also at the bottom, maybe you could remove that bar with "Copy to clipboard/change section"? Maybe it is possible to add android typical ".." to the top bar, holding those commands?
3. Especially when we show piled decks in the deck viewers, the full screen card swiping should only show 1 instance of duplicate cards. Because currently if there are duplicates of the same card swiping left/right feels like there is nothing happening.
4. Can you make the app saving the full card view state over sessions? It always reverts to the smaller card view, which I don't prefer.

AND I HAVE A QUESTION.

There are yellow stars for favourite decks. Are they of any use outside the window? I was expecting a "Random favourite deck" option...
bevryde

Postby drdev » 17 Apr 2015, 17:42

bevryde wrote:The app is getting better and better. I have suggestions, especially for deck management.

1. More prominently placed deck management. I think it could be available on front page.
2. The deck management screens could save space. The top bar (which shows the deck name) is pretty fat, can you make it smaller? Also at the bottom, maybe you could remove that bar with "Copy to clipboard/change section"? Maybe it is possible to add android typical ".." to the top bar, holding those commands?
3. Especially when we show piled decks in the deck viewers, the full screen card swiping should only show 1 instance of duplicate cards. Because currently if there are duplicates of the same card swiping left/right feels like there is nothing happening.
4. Can you make the app saving the full card view state over sessions? It always reverts to the smaller card view, which I don't prefer.

AND I HAVE A QUESTION.

There are yellow stars for favourite decks. Are they of any use outside the window? I was expecting a "Random favourite deck" option...
Thank you for the feedback. I'll try to answer each point and your one question.

1. This has been requested before, but it would likely require me to redesign the home page a bit to make room for it. Although I suppose I could replace the Planar Conquest button with it in the interim until that mode is ready.

2. There's actually already a setting to reduce the height of the tabs for the editor screen. Look for "Compact Tabs" under Graphic Options.

As for moving those options into a menu, that's a good idea. The code for the top-right menu wasn't available at the time I first implemented the deck viewer.

3. This is a planned enhancement. I agree the current way of showing each copy individually isn't ideal.

4. Odd, I thought that did save between sessions. I can certainly look into making it save that preference.

Q. The stars only affect deck sorting at the moment, though a random favorite deck option is a good idea for an enhancement. I'll look into it.

Thanks.
-Dan
drdev
Programmer

Postby bevryde » 18 Apr 2015, 05:48

drdev wrote:2. There's actually already a setting to reduce the height of the tabs for the editor screen. Look for "Compact Tabs" under Graphic Options.

As for moving those options into a menu, that's a good idea. The code for the top-right menu wasn't available at the time I first implemented the deck viewer.
Thank you for your reply, I like where this is going. With 2.) I had to be more precise. I mean the top bar in the deck viewer (not the editor) is pretty big, maybe you could make it more compact as well.

For showing "piled by name" cards in deck viewer/editor: There you could simply show 1 card with a number on it, maybe this would even increase performance (don't know).

I have a suggestion for the net decks: You could give us the possibility to select multiple decks inside a net deck and allow copy them to the user decks for later use. I know, they slow doen startup but all in all I wish for some more flexible deck management. Forge Android is well prepared for that.

Sometimes I feel the need to (e.g.) play a random red-black user or net deck. What I do then is filter for red+black, then press random. But currently, those cannot be filtered. I wish there was a logic for it. If I filter for red and black and multicolor, the filter result shows red OR black OR red+black. This is good, but I think the option to filter for "red+black only" is missing.

Congrats for this great app.
bevryde

Postby drdev » 18 Apr 2015, 11:53

bevryde wrote:I have a suggestion for the net decks: You could give us the possibility to select multiple decks inside a net deck and allow copy them to the user decks for later use. I know, they slow doen startup but all in all I wish for some more flexible deck management. Forge Android is well prepared for that.
FYI, if you select a net deck and click "Edit Deck", you'll be prompted to create a duplicate in Custom User Decks.
drdev
Programmer

Postby bevryde » 18 Apr 2015, 13:28

Yes thx Dr., I have seen that.

I have another suggestion (sorry) on my mission to make you use space as good as possible: In the swipe view of cards, after 2nd long press (the big card image), please use all space, because left and right of the card there is still some room. I don't see a disadvantage. Every user who has gone to that point, definitely knows that he is in a swipe view.
bevryde

Re: Forge Android App: 4-19-2015 Alpha 1.5.39.007

Postby drdev » 19 Apr 2015, 23:04

I just released 1.5.39.007, which contains several requested enhancements, including many of those bevryde was recently kind enough to share:

- Deck Editor direct from home screen, which allows double-tap to edit and includes a new "Test Deck" button that will launch a quick gauntlet for the selected deck right from this screen

DeckEditorScreen.png

- Maximize use of Deck Viewer screen real estate by moving bottom buttons into drop down menu in titlebar, including replacing "Change Section" with individual toggle items for each section

DeckViewer.png

- Remove unnecessary padding around large card zoom and make that preference get remembered between sessions

LargeCardZoom.png

- Add "Random Favorite Deck" option under "Random Decks" category that will only pick from among decks you've starred

RandomFavoriteDeck.png

- Remove unnecessary padding within sideboard dialog

SideboardDialog2.png

In addition, the following Gauntlet fixes are included:

- Only show Gauntlet progress dialog between matches instead of between every game
- Don't prompt for sideboarding between Gauntlet games if using 60 card deck with no sideboard
- Show "Next Round (X/Y)" instead of "Next Game" between matches
- Fix win count for opponent in Gauntlet progress

As for the removal of the disabled "Planar Conquest" button, please note that that doesn't mean the mode is scrapped. It just made sense to use that space for the new "Deck Editor" button for now, and I can redesign the home screen a bit later when the new mode is ready.

Thanks.
-Dan
drdev
Programmer

Postby Snowstorm » 20 Apr 2015, 03:40

Description: I played Indentured Djinn and got this error upon the resolution of his effect.
IllegalAbilityException | Open
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    1.5.39.007
Operating System: Linux 3.4.0-2437203 armv7l
Java Version:     0 The Android Project
forge.game.ability.IllegalAbilityException: When Indentured Djinn enters the battlefield, each other player may draw up to three cards. (effect forge.game.ability.effects.RepeatEachEffect)
at forge.game.ability.effects.RepeatEachEffect.resolve(RepeatEachEffect.java:74)
at forge.game.ability.AbilityApiBased.resolve(AbilityApiBased.java:60)
at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolveApiAbility(AbilityUtils.java:1235)
at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolve(AbilityUtils.java:1217)
at forge.player.HumanPlaySpellAbility.playAbility(HumanPlaySpellAbility.java:140)
at forge.player.HumanPlay.playSpellAbilityNoStack(HumanPlay.java:224)
at forge.player.PlayerControllerHuman.playSpellAbilityNoStack(PlayerControllerHuman.java:234)
at forge.game.trigger.WrappedAbility.resolve(WrappedAbility.java:412)
at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolveApiAbility(AbilityUtils.java:1235)
at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.resolve(AbilityUtils.java:1217)
at forge.game.zone.MagicStack.resolveStack(MagicStack.java:482)
at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:972)
at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1390)
at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:96)
at forge.match.HostedMatch$2.run(HostedMatch.java:225)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1112)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:587)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)
Snowstorm

Postby bevryde » 20 Apr 2015, 03:52

Had a quick look and love the changes, thank you so much. I guess deck editor up front will raise some requests which you can handle :D

I think as for the Favourite Decks, we need a possibility to organize them, because if they're wide spread (multiple net decks and such), it's not easy to find them. I.e.
- please add a view, which only lists favourite decks.

My thoughts about full screen card view and multiple card instances are: show only one card of the instance with a small number overlay.

The full screen card view is not yet ideal I think especially in booster draft. Because you swipe up and it goes out of full screen and then offers that context menu "Add to main deck/Add to sideboard". That feels very strange. After I have done that, I have to re-enter full card view.
- I think, on top and bottom there is enough room, so you could offer buttons with the possible functions (which may look rather black, because hey, all spotlight on the beautiful cards :)). After one has clicked those, if I am in booster draft, the first card of the next cards should be shown in full mode as well.

- BUG with Bitter Revelation, you do not lose 2 life.

Best regards
bevryde

PreviousNext

Return to Forge