It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:11

Text Size

High-Res Card Image Downloader [Needs New Image Source]

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: High-Res Card Image Downloader v. 1.1.0

Postby drdev » 03 Oct 2014, 06:41

Any chance you can add support to this for loading quest images and achievement images? I'm having trouble downloading those in a usable format on my Android device. I always end up with quest opponents having no avatar picture.

Also, as a question, why require Java 8 for this? And is it going to break my Java development setup for Forge to try to upgrade to Java 8?
drdev
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 03 Oct 2014, 16:08

How does this interact with forge.profile.properties? I don't have enough room on my C drive for pictures, and so I have my existing ones on a separate disk drive. But when I goto run this I get prompted for 23k downloads, even though I already have most of those (from being mostly up to date with the LQ Set downloader).

Where does this actually download to?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 04 Oct 2014, 17:05

drdev wrote:Any chance you can add support to this for loading quest images and achievement images? I'm having trouble downloading those in a usable format on my Android device. I always end up with quest opponents having no avatar picture.

Also, as a question, why require Java 8 for this? And is it going to break my Java development setup for Forge to try to upgrade to Java 8?
I've added a couple issues in Github to remind myself to look into adding the quest and achievement images.

I decided to use Java 8 so I could leverage lambdas and other new features to make developing this faster. I wanted to spend more time playing Forge than I did downloading the images for it. :P I use Java 8 to develop and run Forge; so far there's not been an issue with anything ( people are able to run my snapshots just fine that are built with Java 8 ). andIf you're really concerned about it you could download the binaries and manually run the downloader through Java 8 using the .jar file.

friarsol wrote:How does this interact with forge.profile.properties? I don't have enough room on my C drive for pictures, and so I have my existing ones on a separate disk drive. But when I goto run this I get prompted for 23k downloads, even though I already have most of those (from being mostly up to date with the LQ Set downloader).

Where does this actually download to?
This should download to the same place as is specified in your forge.profile.properties file. I just went over the code again and there seems to be a logical error when determining whether or not to replace images. At the moment it looks like it'll actually replace all files that aren't HQ, even if you've told it not to replace any images (which is why it's downloading all 23k images). I'll look into fixing that soon.
Last edited by KrazyTheFox on 09 Nov 2014, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby nefigah » 19 Oct 2014, 03:52

KrazyTheFox wrote:This should download to the same place as is specified in your forge.profile.properties file. I just went over the code again and there seems to be a logical error when determining whether or not to replace images. At the moment it looks like it'll actually replace all files that aren't HQ, even if you've told it not to replace any images (which is why it's downloading all 23k images). I'll look into fixing that soon.
My workaround for this was to point the program to a copy of my res/ directory wherein I deleted all the "edition" txt files except for those sets that I knew I didn't have HQ pics for yet. Seemed to work well!
nefigah

Postby darknesscrysis » 08 Nov 2014, 10:54

I had trouble in linux to run it. Just to make it clearer only have to rename the .jar file to forgecardimagedownloader.jar
darknesscrysis

Postby Hanmac » 11 Jan 2015, 09:26

i have trouble on linux too, i did rename it but i still get:

Error: Could not find or load main class net.krazyweb.forge.imagedownloader.Main
Hanmac

Postby KrazyTheFox » 11 Jan 2015, 18:02

darknesscrysis wrote:I had trouble in linux to run it. Just to make it clearer only have to rename the .jar file to forgecardimagedownloader.jar
Hanmac wrote:i have trouble on linux too, i did rename it but i still get:

Error: Could not find or load main class net.krazyweb.forge.imagedownloader.Main
I'll be working on these issues relatively soon. Work's been extremely busy over the end of the year and by the time I get home I don't feel like doing any more programming. We just wrapped stuff up (finally) so I should be getting back into the swing of coding things soon. I'll be revisiting the packaging of the application among other improvements when I pick this up again.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Re: High-Res Card Image Downloader v. 1.2.0

Postby KrazyTheFox » 23 Jan 2015, 01:08

I've updated the program to be many times faster through the magic of multi-threading. I've also fixed the bugs mentioned in the last post (as far as I can test; please let me know if you still can't run it) as well as the bug where existing card images would be overwritten even if you've told it not to overwrite them. No real features this time around—I'm still trying to figure out how best to do tokens.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby tchiseen » 23 Jan 2015, 06:12

Yes, very nice. Now going 1.5mB/s instead of 200kB/s. Lovely. Also not overwriting cards that are there.

IMO should be built into Forge.
tchiseen

Postby VladVoivode » 24 Jan 2015, 19:10

This is a brilliant application and thanks and five mint Black Lotuses to KrazyTheFox for creating it. I installed it today, selected the required directories and in just minutes it downloaded everything. It's nice to see Fate Reforged with the actual artwork! :)

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
VladVoivode

Postby karlo34 » 27 Jan 2015, 06:47

How can I locate the "res" folder in Mac? Thank you so much!
karlo34

Postby xbon » 29 Jan 2015, 05:51

karlo34 wrote:How can I locate the "res" folder in Mac? Thank you so much!
res folder is in the main folder of forge wherever you downloaded it... or it should be, not sure how it is for macs if it's different....

Wow, 1.2.0 is a massive performance boost, just sped through the downloads crazy fast. thanks again for making my redownload of forge painless :D
xbon

Postby TastetheJace » 07 Feb 2015, 00:54

Fantastic program! It's nice to view M15, C14, and Theros card images in Forge.

Anyone else having issue viewing Fate Reforged card images? The image downloader has DL'ed them to a FRF folder inside my current cardsfolder, with Highest Quality selected. All images show in my cardsfolder and are all named "cardname.full", like Abzan Advantage.full.

However, I cannot get the card images to show in Forge. LQ Set Pictures content downloader in Forge skips 188 items.

Any help would be most appreciative. Thanks!
TastetheJace

Postby motherofgod » 16 Feb 2015, 12:05

karlo34 wrote:How can I locate the "res" folder in Mac? Thank you so much!
The path is
Code: Select all
/Applications/Forge.app/Contents/Resources/res
You have to copy and paste it into the text field because it won't let you locate it using the file explorer.

Cheers for the app, pretty neat! =D>
motherofgod

Postby sirgubster9 » 20 Feb 2015, 23:03

Is there a version of this program that would work on an android tablet or android phone? or is the best way to work with this to use the app on my computer and then transfer over the new sets by copying and pasting and what not?
sirgubster9

PreviousNext

Return to Forge