It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 11:07

Text Size

High-Res Card Image Downloader [Needs New Image Source]

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: High-Res Card Image Downloader v. 1.1.0

Postby xbon » 12 Aug 2014, 05:32

Thanks so much for this program. Needed to do a fresh install on this laptop and this is sure better than searching each of the individual sets out :P
xbon

Postby Golob » 15 Aug 2014, 21:01

Some might be interested on how to install Java 8 on WinXP.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2096 ... -dll-error
Amazingly it works.

Also kudos to KrazyTheFox for great work
Golob

Postby Shadowzeny » 17 Aug 2014, 07:37

Quick question, does this include Journey to Nix, Dragon's Maze, Born of the Gods and m15 high qualities? or do I have to find them myself?
Shadowzeny

Postby KrazyTheFox » 17 Aug 2014, 15:07

Shadowzeny wrote:Quick question, does this include Journey to Nix, Dragon's Maze, Born of the Gods and m15 high qualities? or do I have to find them myself?
All but M15 assuming you're using a recent version of Forge. M15 high res scans don't exist yet. Since the program uses Forge's files to determine what to download, this program will find all the sets it can without needing to be updated.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby AlphaMagnum » 06 Sep 2014, 21:36

I'm having some trouble with your downloader. I pointed it at Forge's res folder, but it says "Parsing Editions," and immediately after finishing that, it says "Download Complete." I have no images whatsoever in my Forge directory so I was wondering what was going on. Do you have any ideas?
AlphaMagnum

Postby KrazyTheFox » 06 Sep 2014, 22:26

AlphaMagnum wrote:I'm having some trouble with your downloader. I pointed it at Forge's res folder, but it says "Parsing Editions," and immediately after finishing that, it says "Download Complete." I have no images whatsoever in my Forge directory so I was wondering what was going on. Do you have any ideas?
For whatever reason, it's not successfully parsing or downloading cards. Check and make sure that the files in "res/editions/" aren't empty. If those are as they should be, let me know and I can walk you through some more steps that can help identify the problem.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby AlphaMagnum » 07 Sep 2014, 01:03

Those files are present, though I have modified them slightly. Everything is as normal except the booster ratios have been modified, typically to 8C/4U/2R/1L. I changed absolutely nothing else. Could this be responsible?

EDIT - I downloaded a fresh copy of forge and ran your downloader; everything is working just fine this time. I guess I'll just copy the images over to my modified forge directory once it finishes.

Would you like a copy of my cardsfolder.zip to see what might have gone wrong with my modified version?
AlphaMagnum

Postby KrazyTheFox » 07 Sep 2014, 02:17

AlphaMagnum wrote:Would you like a copy of my cardsfolder.zip to see what might have gone wrong with my modified version?
That would be very helpful, thanks!
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby FinalHazard » 07 Sep 2014, 14:38

I downloaded everything with your tool.
All the images are in a folder called cards on my desktop.
Where does that folder go?
FinalHazard

Postby KrazyTheFox » 07 Sep 2014, 15:07

FinalHazard wrote:I downloaded everything with your tool.
All the images are in a folder called cards on my desktop.
Where does that folder go?
Are you using Windows? If so, the cards folders goes in "C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Forge\Cache\pics". You may have to show hidden files.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby FinalHazard » 07 Sep 2014, 18:07

Thanks for your reply :)
It worked.
FinalHazard

Postby danfly » 27 Sep 2014, 19:48

Finallyyyyyyyyy!!!!! I was looking for a mtgimage downloader... is not easy to find this post, actually i was thinking that something like this doesn't exist yet. I'm weird about why Forge does not use mtgimage server as primary images source, full HQ pictures and full compressed, I was using the XMage software to download the pictures but, first the names aren't compatible and second XMage still missing a lot cards in their software so for them is not necessary to download that pictures, seriouslly I was turning my self crazy, even I tried to make a software, but my knowledge about programing is oriented to Microcontrollers and PLC's =P

Excellent job, downloading right now, i'm already viewing some pics, super HQ super compress, works fine.

Just one issue, the linux launcher have a missing name to .jar file, but just to rename correctly and runs well.

One advise, you could integrate some download filters, like download just standart cards, or by sets.

PD: please forgive my english ;)
danfly

Postby Marek14 » 28 Sep 2014, 12:47

Would it be possible to rig this program to download HQ token images as well? Those are often a pain to keep track of...
Marek14
Tester

Postby Davor Vitief » 02 Oct 2014, 11:51

This program is awesome, good job!.

Marek14 wrote:Would it be possible to rig this program to download HQ token images as well? Those are often a pain to keep track of...
+1
Davor Vitief

Postby KrazyTheFox » 02 Oct 2014, 22:55

danfly wrote:Finallyyyyyyyyy!!!!! I was looking for a mtgimage downloader... is not easy to find this post, actually i was thinking that something like this doesn't exist yet. I'm weird about why Forge does not use mtgimage server as primary images source, full HQ pictures and full compressed, I was using the XMage software to download the pictures but, first the names aren't compatible and second XMage still missing a lot cards in their software so for them is not necessary to download that pictures, seriouslly I was turning my self crazy, even I tried to make a software, but my knowledge about programing is oriented to Microcontrollers and PLC's =P

Excellent job, downloading right now, i'm already viewing some pics, super HQ super compress, works fine.

Just one issue, the linux launcher have a missing name to .jar file, but just to rename correctly and runs well.

One advise, you could integrate some download filters, like download just standart cards, or by sets.

PD: please forgive my english ;)
I'll look at the Linux launcher name before the next version. Thanks for pointing that out.
I can also see about adding some filters, but since it's all parsed from the Forge files, I'm not sure how specific I can get.

Marek14 wrote:Would it be possible to rig this program to download HQ token images as well? Those are often a pain to keep track of...
Davor Vitief wrote:This program is awesome, good job!.

+1
I can look into that, sure. No guarantees, as I have no idea how Forge creates its own token download list. It may require parsing the card files themselves, which I'm not sure I want to do (but we'll see).
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Forge