It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:37

Text Size

Bug: Grafted Wargear

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Bug: Grafted Wargear

Postby Morlock » 10 Jun 2014, 22:14

I didn't see anything in the rulings for this card in Gatherer, so I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

Grafted Wargear reads, "whenever Grafted Wargear becomes unattached from a creature, sacrifice that creature."

But when I unattach GW from a card, Forge exiles it instead of sending it to the graveyard. Kinda sucks because I built a deck based on the ability to send recurring weenies to the graveyard with GW and other sacrifice outlets and then bring them back.
Morlock

Re: Bug: Grafted Wargear

Postby Zirbert » 10 Jun 2014, 23:25

Morlock wrote:I didn't see anything in the rulings for this card in Gatherer, so I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

Grafted Wargear reads, "whenever Grafted Wargear becomes unattached from a creature, sacrifice that creature."

But when I unattach GW from a card, Forge exiles it instead of sending it to the graveyard. Kinda sucks because I built a deck based on the ability to send recurring weenies to the graveyard with GW and other sacrifice outlets and then bring them back.
First up, the obligatory "Please report bugs in the thread for the beta or snapshot". And of course, please make sure you're using the latest beta in case this was a bug that's already been fixed.

Now that that's out of the way - I can't replicate this. When I try it, the formerly-attached creature goes to the graveyard. Are you sure there wasn't some other effect (like Rest in Peace) making those creatures get exiled?
Zirbert

Postby Morlock » 11 Jun 2014, 02:33

Sorry, didn't know where to put it, as I don't think I'm using a snapshot and I didn't see the "beta" thread. I did look.

I was wondering if I should list some of the other cards in play at the time - I was hopping GW around because costs 0 to equip and I was getting benefits from the sacrificing (Mortician Beetle, Pawn of Ulamog). But no, no RIP in the deck, and nothing with any description that would have an obvious effect. It was really weird.

I should mention that I'm using last month's version of Forge, because I can't get the new one to run on either of the computers I have it installed to.
Morlock

Postby friarsol » 11 Jun 2014, 02:54

Please read the link in my signature with how we request people post bug reports. If you aren't as specific as possible, a lot of times things will be impossible to verify.

The most recent beta thread is always stickied, so will be one of the top threads on this forum.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Morlock » 11 Jun 2014, 03:07

Lol, never mind, I figured it out. The AI was doing it with Deathrite Shaman. Duh.
Morlock

Postby Marek14 » 11 Jun 2014, 06:53

A minor bug is that the ability should trigger (although without effect) if the equipped creature leaves the battlefield, since that's also unattaching.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/ ... ed+wargear
The "becomes unattached" ability triggers if (a) Grafted Wargear leaves the battlefield, (b) the equip ability moves it onto another creature, (c) another effect moves it onto another creature, (d) an effect causes it to become unattached, or (e) the creature leaves the battlefield.
12/1/2004 Note that if (e) happens, the creature won't be on the battlefield to be sacrificed. In all cases, it's the creature that was equipped when the ability triggered that will be sacrificed.
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 11 Jun 2014, 10:09

Marek14 wrote:A minor bug is that the ability should trigger (although without effect) if the equipped creature leaves the battlefield, since that's also unattaching.
I played with it recently, and that was happening.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 11 Jun 2014, 10:16

friarsol wrote:
Marek14 wrote:A minor bug is that the ability should trigger (although without effect) if the equipped creature leaves the battlefield, since that's also unattaching.
I played with it recently, and that was happening.
Maybe I've seen it wrong, then...
Marek14
Tester

Return to Forge