It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:29

Text Size

Forge Beta: 07-18-2014 ver 1.5.22

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Beta: 07-18-2014 ver 1.5.22

Postby KrazyTheFox » 19 Jul 2014, 17:03

Phoenix wrote:Hey, don't misunderstand me.
My question was nothing of a "we need a NOT and if not, go to ... somewhere else". It was a "I know many search filters and none of them can filter using a NOT. So that would be a very cool feature in addition to those you implemented."

I hope, you found an apartment and some clothes. Else it will be cold at night. :wink:
Totally understood you the first time around, no worries! I was just explaining that it wasn't an oversight on my part; I really want the NOT operator as well. :P

And thanks! The hunt's going well so far, so with any luck I'll have a place real soon.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby jestervlc » 19 Jul 2014, 17:05

This is the first time that I write a few lines here, but I've been enjoying Forge for more than a year, so my thanks and best wishes to developers and contributors in advance.

Please forgive me if anything that I could comment has been said previously or doesn't belong to this thread:

- It has been a great idea to let users add its own music as easy as drag and drop into the folder!

- I've noticed that AI plays wasteland more conservatively lately (adding mana and not destroying lands). I guess that the previous behaviour was more realistic. This change is not specific to the last version, but I can't remeber exactly when was included.

- Providing that Forge allows for several game choices. I think that the battlebox casual variant could be a funny addition in the future. The main differences compared with the traditional game) are: shared library and 10 unique lands per player that are not included in the library.

Regards!
jestervlc

Postby Xitax » 19 Jul 2014, 18:50

Hmmm. I don't get how to use Liliana of the Veil 's ultimate. I blew past it without understanding how to create piles. I was expecting one of those popup dialogs I guess.
Xitax

Postby Marek14 » 19 Jul 2014, 20:28

5enza wrote:
ozks wrote:Awesome downloading...
thank you all.
can someone provide me a link with the missing tokens? that works with forge! thanks
testing now this new ver and DOTP 2015 :lol:
I created a token set but Forge does not seem to seeing them correctly. I believe I have the new syntax correct but I get missing card art for the tokens. However, if I remove the M15 prefix from the filename, they work correctly...
Planeswalker emblems don't work at all.

Here is what I'm using. Does anyone see anything wrong with these?
Well, first of all, the tokens are renamed to JPG, but they are still PNG files (Wizards apparently changed their image system). Does Forge accept those OK?

Now, for the filenames, I looked into the card data.

Emblems should be:
Ajani Steadfast Emblem - ajani_steadfast_emblem.jpg
Garruk, Apex Predator Emblem - garruk_apex_predator_emblem.jpg

Now, for the rest of the tokens, tokens that were never used in Magic before should not have the M15 suffix:

b_3_3_beast.jpg
c_land_mine.jpg
g_x_x_treefolk_warrior.jpg
u_1_1_squid.jpg

The rest of tokens should be as they are. The problem is that the new M15 cards don't define custom token images. Following cards need to be modified:
b_2_2_zombie_M15.jpg: Necromancer's Stockpile, Waste Not
c_1_1_sliver_M15.jpg: Sliver Hive
g_1_1_insect_M15.jpg: Hornet Nest. Hornet Queen now uses g_1_1_insect_deathtouch.jpg, but Commander didn't have tokens, so it might be better to switch it to the new token as well.
g_3_3_beast_M15.jpg: Feral Incarnation, Soul of Zendikar
r_2_2_dragon_M15.jpg: Brood Keeper
r_1_1_goblin_M15.jpg: Goblin Rabblemaster
w_1_1_soldier_M15.jpg: First Response. MAYBE Raise the Alarm as well, seeing that its current token is nonofficial.
w_1_1_spirit_M15.jpg: Spirit Bonds, Triplicate Spirits

As an aside, Kalonian Twingrove seems to have a typo:
Code: Select all
SVar:TokenPT:Mode$ Continuous | EffectZone$ All | CharacteristicDefining$ True | SetPower$ X | SetToughness$ X | Description$ CARDNAME's power and toughness are each equal to the number of creatures you control.
The description should say "number of Forests you control".

I checked back in time and it seems like Conspiracy cards have the same problem with not defining custom tokens as well. This covers the following tokens:

b_x_x_demon_CNS.jpg: Reign of the Pit
g_2_2_wolf_CNS.jpg: Predator's Howl
g_3_3_elephant_CNS.jpg: Selvala's Charge
w_1_1_spirit_CNS.jpg: Custodi Soulbinders, Rousing of Souls
Marek14
Tester

Postby Fizanko » 19 Jul 2014, 21:07

@ 5enza , to make jpg images, renaming the original .png extension into .jpg will not work, you need to resave the image as a JPG to make it a real jpg file.

Many tools can do that, i tend to prefer the freeware Irfanview personnally , as it can batch rename, batch convert, batch crop, batch resize etc... quickly and is very lightweight and fast.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby gos » 19 Jul 2014, 22:55

. Reflecting Pool does not reflect Command Tower.

I controlled a Stomping Ground, Command Tower and Reflecting Pool. My general was Sliver Queen. Reflecting Pool could only produce {R} and {G} .
gos

Postby Xitax » 19 Jul 2014, 23:04

Sorry. I should have done something about tokens since BNG, but since there are no released HQ pics I had put it off.

I can work on these using whatever I can find on the net if you like.

But here are JOU and M15 booster images. I'd do CNS also, but I can't find all the versions in good quality. If anyone figured out a better way to search, then please let me know.
Attachments
JOU M15 Boosters.zip
(307.56 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
Xitax

Postby Snowstorm » 19 Jul 2014, 23:12

Description: Paid Kederekt Parasite mana cost with Mana Confluence the game can still be played but sometimes time I use Mana Confluence to pay a cost the game repeats the error.

Also, a bug with Mana Confluence itself, if you choose not to pay 1 you still receive mana therefore making it possible to mana infinite mana.

RuntimeException | Open
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    1.5.22-r26752
Operating System: Windows 8 6.2 amd64
Java Version:     1.7.0_07 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot remove input InputPayManaOfCostPayment because it's not on top of stack. Stack = []
   at forge.match.input.InputQueue.removeInput(InputQueue.java:54)
   at forge.match.input.InputSyncronizedBase.stop(InputSyncronizedBase.java:49)
   at forge.match.input.InputPayMana.onStateChanged(InputPayMana.java:400)
   at forge.match.input.InputPayMana.showMessage(InputPayMana.java:394)
   at forge.match.input.InputBase.showMessageInitial(InputBase.java:47)
   at forge.match.input.InputProxy$2.run(InputProxy.java:85)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Snowstorm

Postby Twainer » 20 Jul 2014, 00:45

For Magic 2015 there are 15 cards that are technically in the core set but only appear in giveaway starter decks and not booster packs.
These are Aegis Angel, Divine Verdict, Inspired Charge, Serra Angel, Cancel, Mahamoti Djinn, Nightmare, Sengir Vampire, Walking Corpse, Furnace Whelp, Seismic Strike, Shivan Dragon, Centaur Courser, Garruk's Packleader and Terra Stomper.
Currently these are being added to booster packs which makes draft really weird.
Twainer

Postby Xitax » 20 Jul 2014, 03:33

Here is a LQ-ish set of M15 pics to hold us over until the official HQs become ready.

EDIT: Heads up: Hunter's Ambush was misspelled.
Attachments
M15.zip
(13.99 MiB) Downloaded 901 times
Last edited by Xitax on 21 Jul 2014, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
Xitax

Postby friarsol » 20 Jul 2014, 03:56

Twainer wrote:For Magic 2015 there are 15 cards that are technically in the core set but only appear in giveaway starter decks and not booster packs.
These are Aegis Angel, Divine Verdict, Inspired Charge, Serra Angel, Cancel, Mahamoti Djinn, Nightmare, Sengir Vampire, Walking Corpse, Furnace Whelp, Seismic Strike, Shivan Dragon, Centaur Courser, Garruk's Packleader and Terra Stomper.
Currently these are being added to booster packs which makes draft really weird.
Yea I'm aware. This will be fixed for next release. I mentioned something about this in another thread but didn't have time to commit it before this release.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Hanmac » 20 Jul 2014, 05:28

Xitax wrote:Here is a LQ-ish set of M15 pics to hold us over until the official HQs become ready.
nice but do you have such stuff for JOU, BNG and CNS too?
Hanmac

Postby ozks » 20 Jul 2014, 06:08

Hanmac wrote:
Xitax wrote:Here is a LQ-ish set of M15 pics to hold us over until the official HQs become ready.
nice but do you have such stuff for JOU, BNG and CNS too?
correioalternativo wrote:
horsekateer wrote:Running this version (1.5.21) on a Mac with OSX Mavericks 10.9.3 I haven't been able to download new card images since before Journey Into Nyx. The content downloader says I have 272 LQ Card Pictures to download but when I try to get them it runs through the numbers then says it skipped all of them. Same thing for LQ set pictures. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks so much!
Maybe this will help:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/h7xpqq ... 4j8/shared

BNG HQ.zip Size: 25 MB
C13 HQ.zip Size: 80 MB
C13.zip Size: 29 MB
DDM.zip Size: 6 MB
JOU.zip Size: 11 MB
THS.zip Size: 14 MB
V20.zip Size: 891 KB

Sources: http://magiccards.info and viewforum.php?f=15
and Conspiracy
ozks wrote:Conspiracy set, images work with forge

Academy Elite.full.jpg

Download
https://www.mediafire.com/?z7cky8xhj6vx09i

use, share as you please!
ozks

Postby Marek14 » 20 Jul 2014, 07:52

AI is able to cast Cryptic Command just to draw a card -- no other mode.

I'm still bothered by the fact that when AI can put a card on top or bottom of library, there's no indication what happened. This includes scry (no way to know how many cards were put on top or bottom), Jace, the Mind Sculptor (no way to know whether the card was left on top or not), but it's especially nasty with AEtherspouts which has him select top or bottom for each attacker and you have no information about that at all.

I also wonder if there's a better way to implement convoke after the rule changes. Maybe when tapping mana, clicking on a creature could draw the power for convoke (with options if the creature also has mana abilities). It could also select the color automatically like when tapping for mana (pay for colored mana if possible, generic if not, give choice when multiple colors are available, which can come into play with Chief Engineer and multicolored artifacts like Enigma Sphinx).

BTW, does convoke + Trinisphere work correctly? According to rulings I found, since convoke is no longer cost reduction but alternate cost paying, it now DOES allow you to cast spells for less than 3 regular mana, even with Trinisphere.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Phoenix » 20 Jul 2014, 16:43

One point I already know for many versions:

When I want to buy e.g. 5 available land cards of the same type (mountain LEA) in the spell shop after a quest duel, I first press SHIFT + Space for buying 4 of the 5 cards. But afterwards I cannot buy the fifth card.
Phoenix

PreviousNext

Return to Forge