It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:43

Text Size

Forge Beta: 08-15-2014 ver 1.5.24

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Beta: 08-15-2014 ver 1.5.24

Postby elcnesh » 20 Aug 2014, 07:00

Marek14 wrote:I try the double-Artificial Evolution gambit. I want to change "Soldier" on Catapult Master to "Wall", which requires casting second Artificial Evolution to change the forbidden type on the first one from "Wall" to anything else.
At the end, Catapult Master changed into a Wall, but I'm still not allowed to tap Walls to activate it.
I actually fixed Artificial Evolution working with activation costs yesterday :)
elcnesh

Postby Marek14 » 20 Aug 2014, 07:27

elcnesh wrote:
Marek14 wrote:I try the double-Artificial Evolution gambit. I want to change "Soldier" on Catapult Master to "Wall", which requires casting second Artificial Evolution to change the forbidden type on the first one from "Wall" to anything else.
At the end, Catapult Master changed into a Wall, but I'm still not allowed to tap Walls to activate it.
I actually fixed Artificial Evolution working with activation costs yesterday :)
The changed Artifical Evolution on stack didn't display any text changes, not even the text change line -- what is the ultimate goal for displaying text changes? The text change notification lines plus changes in the text themselves?
Marek14
Tester

Postby mastroego » 20 Aug 2014, 08:41

drdev wrote:
Shadowzeny wrote:Mmm. A question of sorts, when I was using version 1.5.23 I could see all set images for cards with out restriction as of update .24 I cannot in my life fine the option to disable display by latest set for specific cards such as Akroma Angel of Wrath, it will bring up the Divine vs Demonic image, even though I have the Onslaught image as well. So my question is, how do I re-enable to see ALL set cards not just highest specif set for all cards?
It's under the Wrench button for list view. Uncheck "Unique Cards Only".
I'm trying to find this option as well, but I can't find this checkbox, there's nothing under the "List view" button.
Maybe it's not there for Quest Mode?
mastroego

Postby elcnesh » 20 Aug 2014, 08:44

Marek14 wrote:The changed Artifical Evolution on stack didn't display any text changes, not even the text change line -- what is the ultimate goal for displaying text changes? The text change notification lines plus changes in the text themselves?
Ah yes, I also fixed that yesterday: the display of activated abilities and spells now also works correctly. Indeed, both the changes in the text themselves, plus the notification (in case the former fail to work properly).

BTW, thanks for the help in debugging these cards! It made it a lot faster and easier for me to receive your feedback. If you notice anything else, please let me know!
elcnesh

Postby Marek14 » 20 Aug 2014, 11:54

elcnesh wrote:
Marek14 wrote:The changed Artifical Evolution on stack didn't display any text changes, not even the text change line -- what is the ultimate goal for displaying text changes? The text change notification lines plus changes in the text themselves?
Ah yes, I also fixed that yesterday: the display of activated abilities and spells now also works correctly. Indeed, both the changes in the text themselves, plus the notification (in case the former fail to work properly).

BTW, thanks for the help in debugging these cards! It made it a lot faster and easier for me to receive your feedback. If you notice anything else, please let me know!
Well, the text display should be probably checked with all word forms.
For colors, there's only one term, but land types can appear as singular, plural, and in form of landwalk and landcycling (though that's not actually affected by text changes since nothing can change text in hand). For creature types thereis singular, plural and typecycling. And some words have irregular plurals (Plains/Plains, Dwarf/Dwarves, Kavu/Kavu etc., I think that anything ending in "-folk" like Merfolk or Moonfolk has identical plural?) -- plurals of creature types are necessary for things like Birchlore Rangers or protection.
Marek14
Tester

Postby gos » 20 Aug 2014, 12:49

. Walk the Aeons didn't give me the opportunity to pay the buyback cost when I cast it.
gos

Postby drdev » 20 Aug 2014, 13:43

mastroego wrote:
drdev wrote:
Shadowzeny wrote:Mmm. A question of sorts, when I was using version 1.5.23 I could see all set images for cards with out restriction as of update .24 I cannot in my life fine the option to disable display by latest set for specific cards such as Akroma Angel of Wrath, it will bring up the Divine vs Demonic image, even though I have the Onslaught image as well. So my question is, how do I re-enable to see ALL set cards not just highest specif set for all cards?
It's under the Wrench button for list view. Uncheck "Unique Cards Only".
I'm trying to find this option as well, but I can't find this checkbox, there's nothing under the "List view" button.
Maybe it's not there for Quest Mode?
It's not there for Quest mode, but Quest mode should show all versions of cards by default. Is it not?
drdev
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 20 Aug 2014, 15:01

gos wrote:. Walk the Aeons didn't give me the opportunity to pay the buyback cost when I cast it.
Are you sure you had three Islands out? It only allows buyback when you can actually pay it.
Marek14
Tester

Postby mastroego » 20 Aug 2014, 17:02

drdev wrote:It's not there for Quest mode, but Quest mode should show all versions of cards by default. Is it not?
Oh it does.
I just figured that a toggle feature would have let me do the opposite.
Thanks for the clarification!
mastroego

Postby gos » 20 Aug 2014, 21:28

Marek14 wrote:
gos wrote:. Walk the Aeons didn't give me the opportunity to pay the buyback cost when I cast it.
Are you sure you had three Islands out? It only allows buyback when you can actually pay it.
That might be it. I tested again, with 3 Islands, and I could use buyback :)
gos

Postby Agkistro » 22 Aug 2014, 04:45

Description: I got this crash multiple times during AI Vs AI games in Quest Tournaments. It always happens during Declare Attackers, and it doesn't seem to matter whether it's in 10x or 1x speed.

NullPointerException | Open
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    1.5.24-r27072
Operating System: Windows 7 6.1 amd64
Java Version:     1.8.0_20 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.applyAbilityTextChangeEffects(AbilityUtils.java:1521)
   at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.getDefinedCards(AbilityUtils.java:84)
   at forge.ai.ComputerUtilCombat.predictPowerBonusOfAttacker(ComputerUtilCombat.java:1133)
   at forge.ai.ComputerUtilCombat.damageIfUnblocked(ComputerUtilCombat.java:127)
   at forge.ai.AiAttackController.doesHumanAttackAndWin(AiAttackController.java:404)
   at forge.ai.AiAttackController.notNeededAsBlockers(AiAttackController.java:316)
   at forge.ai.AiAttackController.declareAttackers(AiAttackController.java:840)
   at forge.ai.AiController.declareAttackers(AiController.java:1126)
   at forge.ai.PlayerControllerAi.declareAttackers(PlayerControllerAi.java:405)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.declareAttackersTurnBasedAction(PhaseHandler.java:474)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.onPhaseBegin(PhaseHandler.java:291)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:1060)
   at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1558)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:81)
   at forge.control.FControl$4.run(FControl.java:442)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Attatched is a screenshot of what was on the screen during the above crash.

Also, Sigil Captain's effect stacks, letting me put 4 +1/+1 counters on a 1/1 if I have two Sigil Captians. The Gatherer Rulings seem to suggest that shouldn't work:
Gatherer Rulings wrote:Sigil Captain's ability has an "intervening 'if' clause." That means (1) the ability won't trigger at all unless the creature that enters the battlefield under your control is 1/1, and (2) the ability will do nothing unless that creature is still 1/1 at the time the ability resolves.
For that reason, two Sigil Captain don't work well together. When a 1/1 creature enters the battlefield under your control, the abilities of both Sigil Captain will trigger. When the first resolves, two +1/+1 counters are put on the 1/1 creature. When the second resolves, it will do nothing because the creature that entered the battlefield is now 3/3.
Can't post link to Gatherer page because new user.
Attachments
forge crash screen.png
Agkistro

Postby silphidae » 22 Aug 2014, 09:23

This happens when AI try to attack me, and when I have Rafiq of the many. Happens on declare attackers step. No matter what type of attackers.
Operating System: Windows 8 6.2 amd64
Java Version:     1.7.0_51 Oracle Corporation

at forge.game.ability.AbilityUtils.applyAbilityTextChangeEffects(AbilityUtils.java:1521)
   at forge.ai.ComputerUtilCombat.predictPowerBonusOfAttacker(ComputerUtilCombat.java:1133)
   at forge.ai.AiAttackController.doesHumanAttackAndWin(AiAttackController.java:404)
   at forge.ai.AiAttackController.notNeededAsBlockers(AiAttackController.java:316)
   at forge.ai.AiAttackController.declareAttackers(AiAttackController.java:840)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.declareAttackersTurnBasedAction(PhaseHandler.java:474)
silphidae

Postby Elaer » 22 Aug 2014, 14:52

This occurred when Ai tried to attacked me with a Heliod token while I have Jace, Architect of Thought in play.

Operating System: Windows 7 6.1 amd64
Java Version:     1.7.0_04 Oracle Corporation

at forge.ai.ComputerUtilCombat.sumDamageIfUnblocked(ComputerUtilCombat.java:182)
   at forge.ai.AiAttackController.doAssault(AiAttackController.java:479)
   at forge.ai.AiAttackController.declareAttackers(AiAttackController.java:566)
Elaer

Postby Chris H. » 22 Aug 2014, 20:17

Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby dzhony » 23 Aug 2014, 06:44

When playing against blue AI deck in Quest mode (in Forge snapshot r27084), the opponent can successfully counter a creature spell even if its casting cost was paid with Cavern of Souls. I selected a card from the hand first and then I tapped the mana. Probably the first colorless mana ability of Cavern takes priority even if the casted card's creature type corresponds with the Cavern's chosen type.
Attachments
cavern-of-souls-counterspell.png
dzhony

PreviousNext

Return to Forge