It is currently 04 May 2024, 02:41

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Mattias » 05 Jan 2015, 10:23

Would constructed tournaments be possible to implement? Something like smaller tournaments (GPs) that gives you a golden token when top8ing which would allow you to enter a more high profile tournament(PT) which would give out an epic price support. Dont know what this would require. Would be cool if the different tournamets could be format specific too.
Mattias

Postby RandomPerson » 05 Jan 2015, 10:51

Would it be possible to implement a version of the shortcut rules? I have a Melek EDH deck with a couple of combos that are exceptionally obnoxious to play through by hand. The ability to set up a sequence of actions and then repeat them with just a click or two would be a great boon to my ability to play the deck without going mad from boredom.
RandomPerson

Postby Orangewaggs » 05 Jan 2015, 21:28

Might I suggest Tiny Commander or Tiny Leaders format... Similar to commander but every card has to have CMC 3 or less and the deeck has to have 50 cards including the commander... it's very interesting look it up for all the info
Orangewaggs

Postby Hexadecimal » 06 Jan 2015, 18:46

I'd like to repeat one of my previous feature suggestions: option to easily repeat last activated ability of the permanent on the same target, something like shift+click.

Also hotkeys for common actions that doesn't have one yet, such as refresh layout, open specific window (library especially).

Top card of the library should be easily visible and castable if possible. Maybe small window on player's avatar or elsewhere. At the moment it's tiresome to manually open both libraries every turn when controlling Lantern of Insight. It was more convenient to check top cards by hovering cursor over revealing card like in previous versions than by opening library window every turn like now.
Hexadecimal

Postby lazylockie » 06 Jan 2015, 19:23

Hexadecimal wrote:I'd like to repeat one of my previous feature suggestions: option to easily repeat last activated ability of the permanent on the same target, something like shift+click.

Also hotkeys for common actions that doesn't have one yet, such as refresh layout, open specific window (library especially).

Top card of the library should be easily visible and castable if possible. Maybe small window on player's avatar or elsewhere. At the moment it's tiresome to manually open both libraries every turn when controlling Lantern of Insight. It was more convenient to check top cards by hovering cursor over revealing card like in previous versions than by opening library window every turn like now.
I was going to suggest something along those lines. usually the only visible card is the top card anyway. while you may have knowledge of 2nd and 3rd top cards (due to Scry, Ponder or Brainstorm), you can't really check them in a real life game. right now, clicking on Library shows your whole library as hidden and we have to resize the window to show only the top card - the top card becomes very small, due to how it automatically resizes the cards.

having just the name of the card on Courser of Kruphix was very handy, quick information of the top of your library, no extra windows needed.
lazylockie

Postby Xitax » 07 Jan 2015, 02:32

Agreed, changing the card window to remove it was a step backwards. You now have to click on the library (or whatever zone) and hover over the face up card. I thought it was pretty good the way it was.

To expand on this, it would be cool to be able to temporarily record a set of actions to reuse if you have repeatable actions you can do, such as infinite mana tricks.
Xitax

Postby BookJr » 07 Jan 2015, 03:01

I have a few things that I'm not sure whether or not they were already suggested, but I figure if they are then bringing it up again can't hurt.

1) The ability to "favorite" cards that you don't want to sell, and a sell all button to sell the rest. This is one I know was suggested before, so no big deal here.

2) Being able to do Quest mode with various formats. Most specifically commander, but I figure there might be others people would like.

3) If you choose to only start with a specific block, or custom starting pool, it would be really cool to face opponents who use those same chosen blocks. That said, this one would require a TON of work to balance, so I understand why it doesn't work this way. This one is more of a pipe dream.

I'm sure there are others, but none I can think of this moment. All in all I really like the program though, and I've already spent a ton of time on it since I downloaded it early last month.
BookJr

Postby friarsol » 07 Jan 2015, 03:41

BookJr wrote:3) If you choose to only start with a specific block, or custom starting pool, it would be really cool to face opponents who use those same chosen blocks. That said, this one would require a TON of work to balance, so I understand why it doesn't work this way. This one is more of a pipe dream.
Have you tried the different Worlds? That's pretty much exactly what they are, and yes it's a ton of work for whoever builds the worlds.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby BookJr » 07 Jan 2015, 06:26

I have, and they're great. It's just a shame that they're so few and far between. But like I said, I get that its a ton of work. Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if the hard version of everything in the main world wasn't filled with moxes and other horribly broken cards. They're beatable, but its hard to experiment with new decks.
BookJr

Postby friarsol » 07 Jan 2015, 13:11

BookJr wrote:I have, and they're great. It's just a shame that they're so few and far between. But like I said, I get that its a ton of work. Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if the hard version of everything in the main world wasn't filled with moxes and other horribly broken cards. They're beatable, but its hard to experiment with new decks.
Change your quest preferences so you don't enter hard until much later. I know some people set moving to medium to like 50 wins and hard to 100.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby BookJr » 07 Jan 2015, 20:17

friarsol wrote:Change your quest preferences so you don't enter hard until much later. I know some people set moving to medium to like 50 wins and hard to 100.
That's actually what I ended up doing and its made the game a lot more fun to be honest. Thanks for the advice though.
BookJr

Postby EDSalamander » 08 Jan 2015, 06:33

The day that Karador is implemented, I will be a happy man.
EDSalamander

Postby Hanmac » 10 Jan 2015, 19:55

i have a list of wanted features:

restriction for Constructed Format:
*restrict the Format Modern/Standard etc from the generated decks (because if you play Modern decks its bad if the enemy can have legacy decks)
*configure the Color of the cards. like when you set that an Enemy has a red deck, let it configure if it still can has hybrid cards or not (or if it should be more restrict and does follow the ColorIdentity rules)

add new gaming Types like Pentragram gaming
like have A - B - C - D - E around
A has C and D as enemy,
B has D and E,
C has A and E
D has A and B
E has B and C

means when C and D lose, A does win the game (but A might still attack B or have that configurable)
(adding with extra option that each player does need to have extra color or color combination) (there is a german page with that idea: http://magic.freizeitspieler.de/pentagramm.php

add a tribal round, that each player plays with different tribal deck (maybe adding extra rulings that some cards are not allowed?)

===
there need to be some importer for packaged image sets because the contentDownloader does not work since ages ago
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 10 Jan 2015, 20:46

It would be also nice if the rotating formats could be selected at various state of rotation, i.e. Standard today, or a year ago, or in Urza's block times...
Marek14
Tester

Postby fsecco » 19 Jan 2015, 00:26

Orangewaggs wrote:Might I suggest Tiny Commander or Tiny Leaders format... Similar to commander but every card has to have CMC 3 or less and the deeck has to have 50 cards including the commander... it's very interesting look it up for all the info
I'd also be interested in a Tiny Leaders variant available in Forge. Seems simple enough to implement, since Commander is already available. Any chance we might see that?

Here are the format rules: http://tinyleaders.blogspot.ca/p/tiny-l ... ormat.html
fsecco

PreviousNext

Return to Forge