It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:16

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Flameustc » 20 Nov 2014, 09:08

TL;DR. Sorry if duplicated.
I personally use "End Turn" button quite often, especially during AI's turn. It needs at least 7 clicks on "OK" to skip AI's whole turn, which is quite inconvenient for a prolonged battle. For now that pass-till-end action will stop automatically if a spell/ability comes into the stack, and will not stop otherwise.
Here comes my feature request: if there are any creatures declared as attackers, stop the auto-pass after DA step and before DB step, which gives the player a chance to cast spells or active abilities at that time. The player may also skip DA step by clicking OK and do something between DB step and CD step if that's what he wants. After that, the player may click the "End Turn" button again to continue the auto-pass action until the next turn begins or AI puts something into the stack.
Consider such a scenario. You are using a small creature with an activated ability said "T: regenerate" to hold your defense,and the AI attacks with a large creature every turn. Currently, you have no chance to activate the create's ability if you click "End Turn" before DA step, thus 4 extra clicks on "OK" are obligated for each turn.
Flameustc

Postby Nekoatl » 24 Nov 2014, 09:10

To streamline deckbuilding, a color identity filter would be nice. This can currently be accomplished by filtering by color in conjunction with filtering by text and cost to not include a long stream of {2/B} {W/U} symbols, but this approach is a bit unwieldy.

To streamline processing of triggered effects, additional autoyield-style options for "always first" and "always last" would be nice. The order selection pop-up would only display triggering abilities without one of those options flagged, and only if there were more than 1 such ability. Abilities so flagged would be processed in an arbitrary order before and/or after the manually ordered abilities according to the option selected.
Nekoatl

Postby Hexadecimal » 26 Nov 2014, 02:44

Make Forge to remember positions and size of graveyard, flashback and other such windows, to avoid doing it manually every time Forge is launched.

Modern filter for randomly generated decks in all formats.
Hexadecimal

Postby Megabiquette » 26 Nov 2014, 10:41

Hexadecimal wrote:Make Forge to remember positions and size of graveyard, flashback and other such windows, to avoid doing it manually every time Forge is launched.

Modern filter for randomly generated decks in all formats.
Also, would be nice to be able to close these zone windows by clicking on the same button used to open them, not only the top right X button.
Megabiquette

Postby drdev » 26 Nov 2014, 14:39

Megabiquette wrote:Also, would be nice to be able to close these zone windows by clicking on the same button used to open them, not only the top right X button.
I just added this. It'll be available in the next snapshot build and Beta release. Good idea.
drdev
Programmer

Postby drdev » 26 Nov 2014, 16:52

Hexadecimal wrote:Make Forge to remember positions and size of graveyard, flashback and other such windows, to avoid doing it manually every time Forge is launched.
I just added support for remembering the size and positions of all 5 zone windows for both Human and AI. This will be available in the next snapshot build and Beta release. Thanks for the feedback.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Nordos » 26 Nov 2014, 20:13

Could it be done that it remembers the choice you made with Dregde?
I always keep dregding because I click too fast, completely forgotten that they are in my graveyard -_-
Nordos

Postby Megabiquette » 28 Nov 2014, 22:41

In quest mode, it would be really helpful to be able to manually change the AI difficulty. I spent a long time trying to make a reanimator deck, it's not really good right now but the AI has become too hard to beat as I'm still searching for more cards.

And yeah I know I can use quest preferences for this (and I actually do) but I want to be able to *manually* level up or even level down the difficulty level.

Thanks!
Megabiquette

Postby Hexadecimal » 29 Nov 2014, 16:59

Could it be possible for Forge to save auto-yield choices between matches ? Or is there are reasons why it wasn't implemented ?
Hexadecimal

Postby drdev » 29 Nov 2014, 17:11

Hexadecimal wrote:Could it be possible for Forge to save auto-yield choices between matches ? Or is there are reasons why it wasn't implemented ?
There are a few reasons it wasn't implemented initially. One, we didn't want people to forget about auto-yields they added long ago and be confused why they don't get a chance to respond. Two, each game (and deck) can yield situations where you do or do not want to auto-yield to certain abilities. Three, we don't save auto-yes or auto-no between games so I went for consistency in the implementation.

As for whether it could be added, it's doable, but it would require some time and thought.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Hexadecimal » 29 Nov 2014, 17:31

drdev wrote:There are a few reasons it wasn't implemented initially. One, we didn't want people to forget about auto-yields they added long ago and be confused why they don't get a chance to respond.
That's what I thought. Well, maybe it would be worth it to add some warning about it ? "Think carefully which abilities you want to add here".

For now it would be nice having it even between rounds only, since the amount of unnecessary micromanagement would be greatly reduced, while game experience would become accordingly more enjoyable.

Dec,2 edit:

Display color of the permanent if it was changed by something.

Display amount of the next damage prevention effect in the list of permanent's abilities. Only if there are any active effects of course.

It's currently impossible to manually tap any nonbasic lands in the stack other than the last one. Only highlighted Coastal Tower is tappable in the pic.
| Open
lands.png
lands.png (57.36 KiB) Viewed 3987 times

Change the popupping window from this
| Open
not this.png
to this
| Open
this.png
when tapping some lands to pay mana cost. Or at least allow to close this first window and cancel tap like with most other lands, because currently it's impossible.

Edit:
Another one:
Option to easily repeat last activated ability of the permanent on the same target, something like shift+click. It can be really tiresome to repeat targeting and confirmation steps every turn for 4 copies of Vexing Arcanix.
Hexadecimal

Postby friarsol » 12 Dec 2014, 02:32

When spending a token for a new Quest Draft Tournament, it would be nice to see how much that Tournament would cost (relative to how much money I currently have) so I don't waste a token on a draft I know I won't be able to start.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby KrazyTheFox » 12 Dec 2014, 05:45

friarsol wrote:When spending a token for a new Quest Draft Tournament, it would be nice to see how much that Tournament would cost (relative to how much money I currently have) so I don't waste a token on a draft I know I won't be able to start.
That's an excellent idea. I'll look into adding that in soon.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby serrasmurf » 12 Dec 2014, 07:58

Any chance that we can enter quest sealed tournaments on the near future? :D
serrasmurf

Postby machinegun » 16 Dec 2014, 17:31

Any chance those computer-only cards from the Shandalar game? They would be perfect candidate for Forge. Also there are some unique cards from the Dreamcast game...
machinegun

PreviousNext

Return to Forge