It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:41

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby vampyreinabox » 20 Oct 2014, 02:37

I don't know if this is possible, but I'm wondering if another option for Limited play could be added. Got the idea, because I use Forge for limited practice, pretty regularly.

Could Limited play as a tournament, as opposed to just a Gauntlet?

Even if it's just Swiss, it's something that would be very helpful to make Forge into an awesome tournament prep tool. Sometimes I want to play against a bunch of the other decks, even if one seriously outclasses mine.
vampyreinabox

Postby Marek14 » 20 Oct 2014, 06:03

drdev wrote:
Xitax wrote:In addition, could you make it so that the card back, morph from Onslaught, and morph from KTK are separate images? If the right one doesn't exist, then default to the card back??
How should I differentiate Onslaught vs. KTK? There's morph cards in other sets besides those two.
Perhaps by last set? If the latest set for the deck is KTK or later, use KTK morph picture. If it's earlier, use the spider. (Of course, all cards in the same deck should use same morph overlay regardless of set, otherwise it would give extra information!)
Marek14
Tester

Postby Nordos » 22 Oct 2014, 14:10

Could I request a slight change to the 'ante' option?
As far as I am concerned, I have the feeling that this option (in quest mode) could be a little bit bugged, sine it feels like that, if you win 2/1, you sometimes loose the card in the ante, and sometimes you keep it.
Anyway, as far as I am concerned, I would prefer if the ante is for the winner of the game, and not of the match (as to speak, if you win 2/1, you would still get all cards, while if you loose to 1/2, you will loose all cards)
Would it be a possibility to add this?
Nordos

Postby friarsol » 22 Oct 2014, 14:19

Nordos wrote:Could I request a slight change to the 'ante' option?
As far as I am concerned, I have the feeling that this option (in quest mode) could be a little bit bugged, sine it feels like that, if you win 2/1, you sometimes loose the card in the ante, and sometimes you keep it.
Anyway, as far as I am concerned, I would prefer if the ante is for the winner of the game, and not of the match (as to speak, if you win 2/1, you would still get all cards, while if you loose to 1/2, you will loose all cards)
Would it be a possibility to add this?
This sounds more like a bug report. Each game where you ante and lose, you should lose the anted card. I'll run some tests, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works (unless someone broke it accidentally). What makes you think you keep the anted card? Any specific examples?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Buckminsterfullerene » 22 Oct 2014, 22:16

Is there any chance that Forge could support the Noble format? Other restricted formats like Rainbow Stairwell and Pauper are pretty straightforward to self-implement, but Noble is different on a mechanical level.
Buckminsterfullerene

Postby gecktrix » 22 Oct 2014, 22:34

vampyreinabox wrote:I don't know if this is possible, but I'm wondering if another option for Limited play could be added. Got the idea, because I use Forge for limited practice, pretty regularly.

Could Limited play as a tournament, as opposed to just a Gauntlet?

Even if it's just Swiss, it's something that would be very helpful to make Forge into an awesome tournament prep tool. Sometimes I want to play against a bunch of the other decks, even if one seriously outclasses mine.
I would like to expand on this suggestion, and request that soemone looks at the possibility of creating the feature to play in a simulated 500 player Grand Prix for limited format.

The tournament structure would be that you would play 9 swiss rounds of sealed in Day 1. If you 7-2 or better, then you make it to Day 2. In Day 2, you play 2 seperate drafts, 3 swiss rounds each, and then the game would calculate if you make the top 8 or not based on your overall record and tiebreakers. Top 8 would be a final single elimation round draft.

Ideally for Day 1, there would be a larger number of decks generated, so as you progress and move up or down the ranks, you would play progressively tougher or easier sealed decks. Of course you don't need to similate as many as 500 but a large enough number of decks to have a real different between the top tier decks and the bottom tier ones.

Day 2 would really be the easy part, as you would only need to run the 2 draft touarnments already in Quest mode, and then just abitrararily randomly assign results for all the other draft pods before determining the top 8 and run another draft

You could even add an option, that if you do particularily well in the GP, you can get byes for the next one you decide to play.. Say if you make day 2, you get a bye for round 1, top 8, 2 byes, get to the finals 3 byes.

Just an idea for long term development if anyone was interseted in something like that. Of course I'd rather have the draft logic error bug fixed first but just a thought for the future :)
gecktrix

Postby Nordos » 23 Oct 2014, 06:12

friarsol wrote:This sounds more like a bug report. Each game where you ante and lose, you should lose the anted card. I'll run some tests, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works (unless someone broke it accidentally). What makes you think you keep the anted card? Any specific examples?
Well, I use 40 card decks, often enough. After I lost one of three games, I tend to check my decks (cause they will be 39 cards, right?) though at times they just stay 40 cards.
On the other hand I never did check my collection - so, maybe I had simple 5 copies of that card and thats why I still had a 40 card deck. If that is how it works ^^

Still, I would prefer if the total winner gets the ante - is it an easy change or would it require too much coding?
Nordos

Postby KrazyTheFox » 23 Oct 2014, 12:19

Nordos wrote:On the other hand I never did check my collection - so, maybe I had simple 5 copies of that card and thats why I still had a 40 card deck. If that is how it works ^^
This is how it works at the moment.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 23 Oct 2014, 12:20

Nordos wrote:On the other hand I never did check my collection - so, maybe I had simple 5 copies of that card and thats why I still had a 40 card deck. If that is how it works ^^

Still, I would prefer if the total winner gets the ante - is it an easy change or would it require too much coding?
I believe the way the ante code works is that it immediately removes the card from your current deck after you lose a game, and removes that card from your pool. If you have extras from your pool that aren't in your deck, those are removed (essentially auto-replacing the anted card), otherwise the ante is removed from your deck.

I'm not sure what you mean total winner? Maybe you are using terminology backwards? Each game is what you play one at a time and each match is first player to 2 game wins. So you want the ante to be awarded to the match winner? That's never how ante actually worked in Magic's history, and I think that would be confusing with cards that interact with the ante. (Jeweled Bird, Contract from Below). Theoretically you could spend game one forcing your opponent to Ante a lot of cards with Demonic Attorney, and lose that game, but still win those cards if you win the match? What would happen to those cards in subsequent games? They'd still be in the game winners deck, but then magically be lost at the end of the match? Sorry, I think there's too many complex scenarios, and abusable situations for that.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Stampedo » 03 Nov 2014, 04:04

Hello,
- In quest mode, that would cool if we could have access to the card list of the pre-contructed decks + colors used in the deck.
- How far are we from a multiplayer version (including LAN)? I remember that this topic was in discussion a while ago, anything new about it?
Stampedo

Postby nyrang » 04 Nov 2014, 22:50

vampyreinabox wrote:Could Limited play as a tournament, as opposed to just a Gauntlet?

Even if it's just Swiss, it's something that would be very helpful to make Forge into an awesome tournament prep tool.
+1 for this.
Being able to setup a tournament (swiss, elimination or mixed) would be awesome!

Also, it would be nice if you could have the AI play against itself, with two decks of choice, for a given number of games and without the need for human intervention. It would be a cool deck testing tool.
nyrang

Postby Andy9973 » 12 Nov 2014, 09:54

Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to have replacement effects stack automatically the same way as triggers can be stacked automatically.

I had the following situation in a game with a new deck. I had Essence of the Wild and Parallel Lives in play. Then I cast Fungal Sprouting. Result: 12 new Essence of the Wild tokens and for each one I had to stack the replacement effects manually (first token one replacement effect, second token two replacement effects, ..., 12th token 12 replacement effects).
Andy9973

Postby friarsol » 12 Nov 2014, 13:22

Andy9973 wrote:Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to have replacement effects stack automatically the same way as triggers can be stacked automatically.
The problem with that is that is that Replacement effects don't actually "stack", each time you replace a game action, subsequent replacements might also fire, which could theoretically come before a previously fired replacement. This would be impossible to do if using the DualListBox for handling the replacements.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Andy9973 » 13 Nov 2014, 19:37

friarsol wrote:
Andy9973 wrote:Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to have replacement effects stack automatically the same way as triggers can be stacked automatically.
The problem with that is that is that Replacement effects don't actually "stack", each time you replace a game action, subsequent replacements might also fire, which could theoretically come before a previously fired replacement. This would be impossible to do if using the DualListBox for handling the replacements.
Ah okay, thanks for clearing that out.
Andy9973

Postby friarsol » 16 Nov 2014, 23:48

It'd be great to have a right click menu on permanents like we do on spells on the stack for things like "Don't auto attack with this creature" and "Don't auto activate for payment with this card"
friarsol
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Forge