It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 15:35

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Hapse » 29 Jul 2016, 12:08

A feature I would love to see is advanced search in the deck editor, the things I've though of advanced search could do is:
Show only certain sets/blocks.
Show only multicolored cards which is fx WB (right now we are only able to see WB multicolored and ALL mono W and mono B).
Search by flavor text? (not really that important for me but some might like it :) ).
Some kind of easier search for color icons (no need to type in {W} {B} anymore).

There might be more ideas to get from http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Advanced.aspx :)

Oh and the "button" for advanced search could be a tab like "Card Catalog"

Keep up the great work :)
Hapse

Postby friarsol » 29 Jul 2016, 13:56

Hapse wrote:A feature I would love to see is advanced search in the deck editor, the things I've though of advanced search could do is:
Show only certain sets/blocks.
Show only multicolored cards which is fx WB (right now we are only able to see WB multicolored and ALL mono W and mono B).
Search by flavor text? (not really that important for me but some might like it :) ).
Some kind of easier search for color icons (no need to type in {W} {B} anymore).
We have advanced search, it's available through the "Filter" button. If you are on Desktop, then it's the magnifying glass on the left side, underneath all the QuickFilters.

It can already do certain sets/blocks as well as specific multicolor combinations.

Forge doesn't store flavor text (due to how cards are scripted) so this will probably never happen.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby frlncsclst » 29 Aug 2016, 00:00

Are there any plans to unify the interface for deck selection? The different variants deck selection UI's lack many of the useful features that the non-variant interface has (such as filtering, searching, deleting, and so on).

For the Tiny Leaders deck editor, would it make sense to enable the CMC<=3 filter by default?
For both Tiny Leaders and Commander, would it be possible to automatically filter the card catalog by color identity of your chosen commander (and if no commander has been chosen yet, simply do not filter)?
frlncsclst

Postby correioalternativo » 05 Sep 2016, 18:09

Custom User Decks: Search for decks that contain card X, card Y etc. For example, I want to play Hive Mind decks, but the deck name does not always make it clear. Searching inside the files will show all Hive Mind decks, even when the name is not obvious.

Thank you for Forge.
correioalternativo

Postby WindSparrow » 12 Sep 2016, 20:16

With the announcement of Masterpiece rarity, would it be possible for Super Secret Tech to be added to the game?
His is the fury of the wildfire, the boiling blood of the volcano. He fights you not because you've wronged him, but because you're there.
WindSparrow

Postby friarsol » 12 Sep 2016, 21:02

WindSparrow wrote:With the announcement of Masterpiece rarity, would it be possible for Super Secret Tech to be added to the game?
We don't support any Un-cards, partly because they don't have official oracle text. In this case, what does "premium" even mean?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby daydreamdirty » 17 Sep 2016, 20:52

Any chance can someone add in Karador to forge? That card has never been added.
daydreamdirty

Postby friarsol » 17 Sep 2016, 22:13

daydreamdirty wrote:Any chance can someone add in Karador to forge? That card has never been added.
What? Karador is in the 1.5.55 release.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby daydreamdirty » 18 Sep 2016, 16:48

Alright. Ty. Will download the newest release then.
daydreamdirty

Postby PikWik » 18 Sep 2016, 23:14

I have a particular way of playing Forge and was wondering about a couple features, for future versions.

I only gather AI-compatible decks to play 1 player VS matches. So, one player (Human) vs second player (CPU). How I go about this is to download the AI-compatible deck compilation from Agetian, and while in Forge, set both players in Constructed to use 'random decks' & select 'random user deck'. This provides a great way to try many different decks and to keep the matches varied.

I've been lucky to find that the random decks chosen by Forge have been similarly paired up by T1/legacy/extended/standard/etc. But, just now, had an obvious extended deck for the CPU vs a T2 deck loaded for myself.

Could I request that, if both players choose to use a random deck, the order for a random deck is chosen first by T1/legacy/extended/standard/etc and then choose a random deck in that T1/legacy/extended/standard/etc format?

And the second question, could I request that there be a "swap deck" option during the rematch screen? So many times, I've played a CPU on random and wondered what the match would've been like if the decks were reversed. If there was an option, when the match is over, to start over with decks swapped/reversed, that would make playing with random decks that much better.

Thank you for everything the dev team has done so far, Forge is still great fun!
PikWik

Postby vagrant87 » 19 Sep 2016, 09:07

Hi, first I wanted to thank you for your work on this great game.

In the "Sanctioned Format: Constructed" screen I wished there were more space for the Deck selection, mostly because I often cannot read the full deck names without stretching the columns one side or another (I'm using the PC Version in 1366x768 screen resolution). Net-downloaded decks tend to have a long name.

magic.jpg

Perhaps the "Players" size could be reduced. Also, in that same screen there is a weird bug when you click on a Player's Deck (below the Team's Selection). If you keep clicking multiple times the Player's will grow to the sides.
Attachments
size.jpg
Click here multiple times for bug
vagrant87

Postby Sarinisded » 21 Sep 2016, 00:32

Can someone please make the ai decks format conforming? i dont like playing standard vs. SplinterTwin and every dual land/ timewalk/black lotus and sol ring. its seriously bugging me, and i cant allow the ai to play blue because they always have force of will. Shouldnt someone be able to make an option so that the deck generator ignores cards that aren't available in the format? please
Sarinisded

Postby Sarinisded » 21 Sep 2016, 00:37

i would also like for the A.i to display a trigger or ability for suspend cards since we do have to announce them, even if they are almost uncounterable at this point, i see my opponent tap out for nothing until a few turns later it happens
Sarinisded

Postby friarsol » 21 Sep 2016, 00:53

Sarinisded wrote:i would also like for the A.i to display a trigger or ability for suspend cards since we do have to announce them, even if they are almost uncounterable at this point, i see my opponent tap out for nothing until a few turns later it happens
It does get printed to the game log.. It isn't really a trigger or ability and doesn't go on the stack.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Indigo Dragon » 21 Sep 2016, 07:41

@friarsol

I know that you can see Experience counters in the player tab, but it would be really easier it if they would work like poison counters, appearing next to a player's life total.
And now with Energy counters coming up, it would be really helpful to put them there too, so that we don't have to keep flickering over the player tab.
(And I just want to see what happens when you have 1 life, 1 poison, 1 experience, 1 energy).
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
Indigo Dragon

PreviousNext

Return to Forge