It is currently 10 May 2024, 22:23

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby drdev » 12 Apr 2015, 20:17

Stampedo wrote:- When importing a deck, basic lands don't have pictures. I have to remove them, then re-add them manually (a bit tedious). Just wondering if there's a workaround.
FYI, I've fixed this so now it will avoid choosing cards without images if you have images for other versions of that card. The fix should be released in the latest snapshot build.
drdev
Programmer

Postby drdev » 12 Apr 2015, 20:48

Xyx wrote:I would like to see a small change to the algorithm that determines a deck's colors in the various lists of decks. Currently, a mono-Red deck with Rakdos Cackler, Frostburn Weird, Burning-Tree Emissary and Boros Reckoner is displayed as a five-color deck. This approach leads to an incredible number of false positives. A better solution would be to simply ignore hybrid mana symbols. While this could in theory still lead to incorrect results, it would be far, far less than the current approach.
I just committed a fix for this so that hybrids and phyrexian cards will no longer affect the deck's color unless a land within the deck can produce that color. Hopefully this should make the deck color more accurate starting in the next snapshot build.
Last edited by drdev on 13 Apr 2015, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
drdev
Programmer

Postby dannnnv » 13 Apr 2015, 12:35

I mostly play commander, and have an idea to improve randomly generated decks.

I would like there to be a way, perhaps after a game, to select a card in an opponents deck and flag it to not be used in a randomly generated deck anymore. Over time, I will have slowly culled many basically useless (in the AI's hands, anyway) cards. Perhaps there could be a way to do this directly from the deckbuilding menu also, to get rid of many cards in one sitting.

Thanks for all your hard work.
dannnnv

Postby timmermac » 13 Apr 2015, 12:58

leadint wrote:I would like to see the removal of the hard coded integer limits in the difficulty adjustment under quest preferences, as well as a additional setting called "custom"

Currently rows "Wins for Rank Increase" through "Starting Rares" are coded to be caped at 100. Starting Credits is coded to be capped at 500.

Leadint
This is unnecessary, as using your text editor of choice allows you to ignore those limits.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby drdev » 13 Apr 2015, 13:04

timmermac wrote:
leadint wrote:I would like to see the removal of the hard coded integer limits in the difficulty adjustment under quest preferences, as well as a additional setting called "custom"

Currently rows "Wins for Rank Increase" through "Starting Rares" are coded to be caped at 100. Starting Credits is coded to be capped at 500.

Leadint
This is unnecessary, as using your text editor of choice allows you to ignore those limits.
I think the point here is why have limits at all if you can ignore them by using a text editor. It just makes people have to go to extra lengths to customize their experience to their liking, when it'd be nice to make that customization doable within the app.
drdev
Programmer

Postby saturnine » 13 Apr 2015, 16:50

drdev wrote:
Xyx wrote:I would like to see a small change to the algorithm that determines a deck's colors in the various lists of decks. Currently, a mono-Red deck with Rakdos Cackler, Frostburn Weird, Burning-Tree Emissary and Boros Reckoner is displayed as a five-color deck. This approach leads to an incredible number of false positives. A better solution would be to simply ignore hybrid mana symbols. While this could in theory still lead to incorrect results, it would be far, far less than the current approach.
I just committed a fix for this so that hybrids and phyrexian cards will no longer affect the deck's color unless a land within the deck can produce that color. Hopefully this should make the deck color more accurate starting in the next snapshot build.
Thank you for this, it's been a long thorn in my side with all the hybrid and pain colours.
saturnine

Postby Aetherbird » 13 Apr 2015, 21:52

I'd love to see a feature to "Auto Repeat" certain actions.

e.g.:

push loop Button to Repeat all following actions if Priority allows, ressources are available and Repeat all choices chosen.

Casting a Misthollow Griffin from Exile

Exile with Food Chain and add 5 Blue Mana

push loop button again -> Loop starts with deactivated "Auto Yield"

Press enter till u got what you wanted -> profit in a relaxing way. 8)

This would be a huge QoL thing for almost all combo decks.

kind regards, Ae

Edit: A counter should be added for full loops that should be done when u press the "loop button" to record loops or when loop is activated.
Aetherbird

Postby SecretCaveman » 16 Apr 2015, 13:26

Hi,
I recently played a lot of draft tournaments in quest mode, and I enjoy it a lot. There are a bunch of things that are kind of annoying, though:

1. Sideboarding: Is there a way to not show basic lands while sideboarding, or at least sort them to the bottom or something? It's super frustrating that my ~20 sideboard cards are hidden between hundreds of basic lands.

2. When using tokens to generate new tournaments, it would be great if you could see the entry fee of the tournament before using the token. It's frustrating to spend a token on a format you want to try just to see that you won't be able to afford the draft anytime soon.

3. Having to watch the matches of the AI. Having the 10x speed option is nice, but it's still kind of annoying to have to click 10x speed for every single game played. Maybe at least make 10x speed the default?
SecretCaveman

Postby hurloon » 18 Apr 2015, 16:30

In addition to quest draft tournaments, it is possibile to add this game mode also outside quest, in the 'normal' booster draft?
hurloon

Postby twentytwo » 19 Apr 2015, 18:33

drdev wrote:
Xyx wrote:Token creatures are placed on their own separate row. This causes the UI to scale down to accommodate a third row, which leads to tiny pictures and a lot of empty space. This is not a good use of screen real estate. I don't really see why tokens would need a row of their own anyway.
Seconded. They're displayed inline with non-token creatures in the Android app and I've never heard anything said against that.
I would also love to have this feature but as a option, so people who are used to current layout won't be dissapointed.
twentytwo

Postby Xitax » 19 Apr 2015, 21:38

Thirded, for whatever it's worth.
Xitax

Postby correioalternativo » 19 Apr 2015, 22:48

Add Card Information to Card Zoom. It will be easier to see text hidden at the bottom of the information box when the battlefield is full.
correioalternativo

Postby Xitax » 19 Apr 2015, 23:24

If you could shave just a couple of pixels off the height of the duel selection menu, it would fit on my screen w/o a scroll bar at 1366x768.

example.jpg
Xitax

Postby Marek14 » 20 Apr 2015, 06:04

Here's an idea:

Cards which have and remember choices (like Voice of All or Adaptive Automaton) display their choices in the Card Window. What about if they also displayed a "strip of paper" with the choice on them on the battlefield? This would be harder for cards that would display a name of game object like opponent or card, but as long as it's a term like color or type, it should be possible.
Marek14
Tester

Postby BookJr » 20 Apr 2015, 23:41

Would it be possible not to get loaded up with a ton of lands after every draft in Quest mode? I'm not really sure of the logistics of having temporary lands for the tournaments, but it makes your card collection get super inflated if you chain a bunch of them, not to mention it feels kind of cheesy making a ton of credits simply for trying to get rid of the random 5000 basics I've built up.

Honestly I'm at the point where any way to remove all my basic lands at once would be nice. I'd even go in and edit my save file if anyone knows how. I'm not very good at the coding stuff and I'd rather not mess around with things without knowing how.
BookJr

PreviousNext

Return to Forge