It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:32

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby KrazyTheFox » 21 Apr 2015, 00:09

BookJr wrote:Would it be possible not to get loaded up with a ton of lands after every draft in Quest mode? I'm not really sure of the logistics of having temporary lands for the tournaments, but it makes your card collection get super inflated if you chain a bunch of them, not to mention it feels kind of cheesy making a ton of credits simply for trying to get rid of the random 5000 basics I've built up.

Honestly I'm at the point where any way to remove all my basic lands at once would be nice. I'd even go in and edit my save file if anyone knows how. I'm not very good at the coding stuff and I'd rather not mess around with things without knowing how.
When I implemented the drafts in quest mode, there wasn't really a good way to remove all the basics supplied to you while keeping the ones you actually drafted in your collection. There were concerns about not remembering the number of lands placed in the deck as well. I think the general consensus at the time was to leave the lands in and up the cost for the tournaments a bit.

I can look into working on this again and see if I can't come up with a better solution sometime.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby BookJr » 21 Apr 2015, 00:27

KrazyTheFox wrote:When I implemented the drafts in quest mode, there wasn't really a good way to remove all the basics supplied to you while keeping the ones you actually drafted in your collection. There were concerns about not remembering the number of lands placed in the deck as well. I think the general consensus at the time was to leave the lands in and up the cost for the tournaments a bit.

I can look into working on this again and see if I can't come up with a better solution sometime.
I gotcha, I figured it was something like that, but like I said, I'm not really good on the programming side so I had no idea what was and wasn't possible

I think the biggest thing (for me anyway) is that it's time consuming to clear, and the inflation in collection size slows things down a lot. Maybe if there were a way to select all basics in the store page, or even a click and drag style selection. Heck, any way of mass selection besides shift clicking every card would help. Right now the option to sell whole batches of the same art/set land helps, but it's still quite slow.

Idk, it's just a few suggestions. You're doing a great job though, this is really the only thing left on my list now that you've included Tiny Leaders, and it's a pretty minor thing.
BookJr

Postby KrazyTheFox » 21 Apr 2015, 00:31

BookJr wrote:Heck, any way of mass selection besides shift clicking every card would help.
If you click a card, then shift+click another card, it'll select all cards in between them, then you can right click and sell all the cards at once.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby BookJr » 21 Apr 2015, 00:35

KrazyTheFox wrote:If you click a card, then shift+click another card, it'll select all cards in between them, then you can right click and sell all the cards at once.
EDIT* Figured it out, you can't be on image view. Thanks for the help, I wouldn't have gone and messed around with it that long otherwise. I just thought it couldn't be done.
BookJr

Postby Snowstorm » 22 Apr 2015, 05:25

Can we port over some of the features that Android version of Forge has? To name a few:

1. When searching for a card or naming a card for something like Nevermore there is a search bar in the Android version but in the standard version you have to scroll through all the cards (you can press the first letter to get closer but searching is much more convenient especially when naming a card).

2. Be able to add more of a copy of a card by right clicking without the need of searching it back up with the catalog to add more copies like the Android version does.

I am sure there was more but those two standout for me. (Please add the first one at least [-o< )
Snowstorm

Postby drdev » 22 Apr 2015, 14:46

Snowstorm wrote:Can we port over some of the features that Android version of Forge has? To name a few:

1. When searching for a card or naming a card for something like Nevermore there is a search bar in the Android version but in the standard version you have to scroll through all the cards (you can press the first letter to get closer but searching is much more convenient especially when naming a card).

2. Be able to add more of a copy of a card by right clicking without the need of searching it back up with the catalog to add more copies like the Android version does.

I am sure there was more but those two standout for me. (Please add the first one at least [-o< )
You can actually press more than just the first letter. If you type the card name it should take you right to it. Of course that only helps if you remember the card name.

As for #2, have you tried switching to list view and using the + button next to the quantity?
drdev
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 22 Apr 2015, 15:55

The feature I want in the main Forge that's in Android is the "Add Basic Lands" button for Limited games. This way we don't have to pre-seed limited pools with land, and people can just add however much they want.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Snowstorm » 23 Apr 2015, 03:24

drdev wrote:
Snowstorm wrote:Can we port over some of the features that Android version of Forge has? To name a few:

You can actually press more than just the first letter. If you type the card name it should take you right to it. Of course that only helps if you remember the card name.

As for #2, have you tried switching to list view and using the + button next to the quantity?
Wow I never knew about any of these features. #-o But a search bar would be more convenient and the ability to add more copies via image view but that's just me nitpicking. :P
Snowstorm

Postby Snowstorm » 23 Apr 2015, 04:06

Oh I just remember another thing I wanted to request from the Android:

Can Commander and Tiny Leaders get the same deck selector as Custom User Decks, Preconstructed Decks, and the rest? Because right now it is quite bland with no search options, favoriting options, the ability to delete the deck, view/edit the deck directly, etc. :D
Snowstorm

Postby Xitax » 23 Apr 2015, 22:49

Snowstorm wrote:
drdev wrote:

Wow I never knew about any of these features. #-o But a search bar would be more convenient and the ability to add more copies via image view but that's just me nitpicking. :P
While you're at it... could you add the ability to search constructed decks by a card name? :wink:
Xitax

Postby leadint » 25 Apr 2015, 05:30

leadint wrote:
I would like to see the removal of the hard coded integer limits in the difficulty adjustment under quest preferences, as well as a additional setting called "custom"

Currently rows "Wins for Rank Increase" through "Starting Rares" are coded to be caped at 100. Starting Credits is coded to be capped at 500.
timmermac wrote:

This is unnecessary, as using your text editor of choice allows you to ignore those limits.
drdev Wrote:

I think the point here is why have limits at all if you can ignore them by using a text editor. It just makes people have to go to extra lengths to customize their experience to their liking, when it'd be nice to make that customization doable within the app.
timmermac and drdev thank you for your responses.

drdev, you hit the nail on the head. Not everyone is comfortable editing text files or navigating directories.

Myself being new to Forge, but not MTG, what text file in which sub directory from the root install directory would I need to tweak?

leadint
leadint

Postby correioalternativo » 30 Apr 2015, 16:44

Add "ONLY AVAILABLE ONLINE" sets, e.g.:

http://magiccards.info/query?q=%2B%2Be% ... an&s=issue
correioalternativo

Postby sunds » 30 Apr 2015, 23:23

In Deck Editor, we can designated token pic to each card that can bring token (forge modifies cardfolder.zip automatically), then we can use many custom token pic, it is cool.
I know I can modify cardfolder.zip or modify pic filename, but that isn't convenient.
sunds

Postby Salasnet » 01 May 2015, 01:56

correioalternativo wrote:Add "ONLY AVAILABLE ONLINE" sets, e.g.
I have Vintage Masters (VMA) added to Forge... you can get it here and add it yourself. Somebody has already set it up to be added.

This thread:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16622&hilit=vintage+masters
Salasnet

Postby correioalternativo » 02 May 2015, 03:26

Salasnet wrote:
correioalternativo wrote:Add "ONLY AVAILABLE ONLINE" sets, e.g.
\

I have Vintage Masters (VMA) added to Forge... you can get it here and add it yourself. Somebody has already set it up to be added.

This thread:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16622&hilit=vintage+masters
Thank you, I did it.

My request is they "officially" add VMA, UG lands, UH lands etc. to Forge.
correioalternativo

PreviousNext

Return to Forge