It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:53

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Marek14 » 06 Oct 2014, 15:30

When you click on face-down Fathom Seer, you're forced to unmorph it if possible. I think that morph should be always cancellable because misclicks are when you can't see the card properly.
Marek14
Tester

Postby friarsol » 06 Oct 2014, 15:34

Marek14 wrote:When you click on face-down Fathom Seer, you're forced to unmorph it if possible. I think that morph should be always cancellable because misclicks are when you can't see the card properly.
Yea, there's a few costs that used to be cancellable that aren't anymore. I don't know when that happened, but I'd call this one a bug.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby jawg » 07 Oct 2014, 17:15

The features that would be the most help to me involve the deck editor/card catalog. I would save a great deal of time having the option to match a search string exactly, for example, when searching "two target creatures" - if I search "two&target&creatures" the search returns things like Memory Sluice, etc. I'd love to be able to find exact matches without jumping through exclusion 'hoops.' - "tap&or&untap&target&creature" gives 200+ hits when the desired result is much smaller.

Secondly, is there a way to find text that occurs multiple times, such as "+1/+1 counter on target creature" in the case of Common Bond? I know of no way yet to distinguish cards that say "target creature" (or any other string) multiple times vs only once.
jawg

Postby KrazyTheFox » 08 Oct 2014, 05:26

jawg wrote:The features that would be the most help to me involve the deck editor/card catalog. I would save a great deal of time having the option to match a search string exactly, for example, when searching "two target creatures" - if I search "two&target&creatures" the search returns things like Memory Sluice, etc. I'd love to be able to find exact matches without jumping through exclusion 'hoops.' - "tap&or&untap&target&creature" gives 200+ hits when the desired result is much smaller.

Secondly, is there a way to find text that occurs multiple times, such as "+1/+1 counter on target creature" in the case of Common Bond? I know of no way yet to distinguish cards that say "target creature" (or any other string) multiple times vs only once.
A bit of a hackish way to get around this would be "two & two target creatures". This would force the recognition that it's a Boolean expression while "ignoring" the redundant "two" (I'm pretty sure; haven't tested this).

I don't think there's a way to do the second one without more socialized syntax. Boolean expressions are as far as I'll program; I've got too many other things to work on. Perhaps someone else could offer a solution here.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby iharderages » 09 Oct 2014, 13:38

Hi,
I am playing the game very much at the moment and it is really good.
Things I would really love to see implemented would be:
1.A map when you click at the travel button
2.When you travel to the old world sets like jamuraa and shandalar I always feel like I am
cheating because you get so much amount of gold by selling for example a arabian night card.
I would prefer a unlock system like that you must first reach level X to get to these worlds or reduce the selling prices.
3.I would love to play other formats in the tournament while I am in the quest mode. Some competitive tournaments with packs as prices would be great!

So thats all. Thank you for this great game!
iharderages

Postby gecktrix » 10 Oct 2014, 04:49

Is there a way to play the draft tournaments without going through quest mode? It seems odds that you can't... Right now I can only choose between 1 or 7 opponents on the PC version of Forge.
gecktrix

Postby KrazyTheFox » 10 Oct 2014, 18:37

gecktrix wrote:Is there a way to play the draft tournaments without going through quest mode? It seems odds that you can't... Right now I can only choose between 1 or 7 opponents on the PC version of Forge.
There isn't at the moment. Since this would be a fair amount of work, I won't be adding it personally, as I'm working on rewriting the entire engine that runs Forge. I don't really have enough time to do both. I do like the idea, though.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby iharderages » 11 Oct 2014, 13:12

KrazyTheFox wrote:
gecktrix wrote:Is there a way to play the draft tournaments without going through quest mode? It seems odds that you can't... Right now I can only choose between 1 or 7 opponents on the PC version of Forge.
There isn't at the moment. Since this would be a fair amount of work, I won't be adding it personally, as I'm working on rewriting the entire engine that runs Forge. I don't really have enough time to do both. I do like the idea, though.
New engine ? Thats really great news. Will it improve the graphic engine?
iharderages

Postby lujo » 11 Oct 2014, 14:00

^ And while we're at it, has anyone ever considered implementing a more practical card art system where the only thing that is imported is the card art (barring very special frames), so that cards can have the proper errata/wordings in the boxes?

I wouldn't mind doing any data entry required.
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby Vecc » 11 Oct 2014, 14:55

I think a "Sell all copies of card" option in the right-click menu would be useful now that we get tons of spare lands from Tournaments.
Vecc

Postby lujo » 11 Oct 2014, 16:01

Vecc wrote:I think a "Sell all copies of card" option in the right-click menu would be useful now that we get tons of spare lands from Tournaments.
I've been recommending a "favourite" option so that you could mark land stacks you want to keep and get rid of all other stacks easily.
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby timmermac » 11 Oct 2014, 16:34

For quests where a custom format has been chosen or in different worlds, can there be an option for a prize booster to consist of cards pulled from all sets currently available in the format?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby KrazyTheFox » 12 Oct 2014, 14:56

iharderages wrote:
KrazyTheFox wrote:
New engine ? Thats really great news. Will it improve the graphic engine?
No, the graphics will stay the same. Here's the post detailing the goals.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby RichardHawk » 12 Oct 2014, 15:36

I would like to request being able to choose your boosters for draft and sealed. Right now Forge offers no way to do the popular 3x Champions of Kamigawa or 3x Innistrad formats, among others. Presumably 3x Khans won't be available in post Fate Reforged-versions either, which is just weird since new versions are supposed to be improvements in every way.
RichardHawk

Postby friarsol » 12 Oct 2014, 15:53

RichardHawk wrote:I would like to request being able to choose your boosters for draft and sealed. Right now Forge offers no way to do the popular 3x Champions of Kamigawa or 3x Innistrad formats, among others. Presumably 3x Khans won't be available in post Fate Reforged-versions either, which is just weird since new versions are supposed to be improvements in every way.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I just started a Booster Draft for Kamigawa and I get a popup asking me what my booster selection should be. The last one in the list is CHK/CHK/CHK.

Then I just did a Sealed and I get a list of 4 choices, the first one is 6 CHK.

In addition to that, you can always create your own custom limited formats if you think the generated ones don't contain what you have.
friarsol
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Forge