It is currently 13 May 2024, 05:54

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Arkx » 12 Oct 2014, 16:22

It would be nice if there were a way (maybe through something similar to the "favorites" function) to specify preferences as to which version of a card is selected when using the import deck feature.

Currently options are pretty limited for narrowing down which version of a card gets selected. This makes it imposible to avoid white borders or get specific art versions (especially problematic with basic land) without manually changing them at the time of import or after.

My ideal solution would be a "favorite like" function in the card list called something like "preferred version" that allowed you to specify which version of that card gets imported every time. Obviously if there is no "preferred version" selected for a specific card then Forge will select the version using the parameters currently being used.
Arkx

Postby lujo » 12 Oct 2014, 18:13

friarsol wrote:
RichardHawk wrote:I would like to request being able to choose your boosters for draft and sealed. Right now Forge offers no way to do the popular 3x Champions of Kamigawa or 3x Innistrad formats, among others. Presumably 3x Khans won't be available in post Fate Reforged-versions either, which is just weird since new versions are supposed to be improvements in every way.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I just started a Booster Draft for Kamigawa and I get a popup asking me what my booster selection should be. The last one in the list is CHK/CHK/CHK.

Then I just did a Sealed and I get a list of 4 choices, the first one is 6 CHK.

In addition to that, you can always create your own custom limited formats if you think the generated ones don't contain what you have.
I think he means in quest mode where you seem to have no control over whether the draft you get is say TSP/TSP/TSP or FUT/PLC/TSP, and you can never get TSP/PLC/FUT (the way full block was drafted originally). The fact that you can't select which exactly is rather huge because 95% of the time those are 3 completely different things.

Which also makes the changelog promise of "eliminating randomness completely" from say, token use to create tourneys 100% false advertizing.
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby friarsol » 12 Oct 2014, 18:47

lujo wrote:I think he means in quest mode where you seem to have no control over whether the draft you get is
I doubt it. He mentions both Draft and Sealed and we don't have Sealed Tournaments in Quest. The Quest Tournaments are randomly selected from a list of choices, just the way opponents are.

Are you intentionally trolling? If you aren't, you might want to work on your tone. We appreciate bug reports and concerns, but accusations like False Advertisement? Come on now. You can do better than that right?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby lujo » 12 Oct 2014, 19:32

friarsol wrote:
lujo wrote:I think he means in quest mode where you seem to have no control over whether the draft you get is
I doubt it. He mentions both Draft and Sealed and we don't have Sealed Tournaments in Quest. The Quest Tournaments are randomly selected from a list of choices, just the way opponents are.

Are you intentionally trolling? If you aren't, you might want to work on your tone. We appreciate bug reports and concerns, but accusations like False Advertisement? Come on now. You can do better than that right?
It's not intentional trolling, and it's possible that he either isn't familiar with settings or that he's genuinely complaining about quest mode lack of sealed and lack of the ability to choose the precise block draft booster composition/order.

The changelog sayes "Additionally, when you spend draft tokens, you no longer receive a random draft. Instead, you get to pick which block the new draft will be (but you still have to pay for it!), completely eliminating the game of chance."

Which IS factually both wrong and (most likely unintentional) false advertizing. Because being able to choose a block you're drafting, picking say, Time Spiral Block and this just giving you a 50/50 chance of getting TSP/TSP/TSP or FUT/PLC/TSP is wrong on many levels:

1) You don't in fact have control over what you get, because you can get 2 different things.
2) In most cases those two things are wildly different - there are plenty of people who would rather take a punch to the face rather than draft MSQ/MSQ/MSQ, but would really enjoy full masques block. Direct opposite with Kamigawa block.
3) Many full block drafts play very differently whether you draft them Big Set first or Last Small Set first. FUT/PLC/TSP and TSP/PLC/FUT are 2 very different things.

If my tone is the problem, we can ring up pro tour vets one by one until we find one who manages to explain this in an appropriate tone. But having a button which lets you choose just the block but not the booster composition and oder (at least between Set1/Set1/Set1, Set3/Set2/Set1 an Set1/Set2/Set3, if not Set1/Set1/Set2 or Set3 and the reverse order of that) and saying that there's no randomness is an outright falsehood (intentional or not).

In RL most people who play draft would not jump into a draft without having this information in advance. People don't generally play "mystery drafts" very much, and most people who've played a lot of draft would find the current setup quite preposterous.
---

lujo

Postby KrazyTheFox » 12 Oct 2014, 19:46

lujo wrote:It's not intentional trolling, and it's possible that he either isn't familiar with settings or that he's genuinely complaining about quest mode lack of sealed and lack of the ability to choose the precise block draft booster composition/order.

The changelog sayes "Additionally, when you spend draft tokens, you no longer receive a random draft. Instead, you get to pick which block the new draft will be (but you still have to pay for it!), completely eliminating the game of chance."

Which IS factually both wrong and (most likely unintentional) false advertizing. Because being able to choose a block you're drafting, picking say, Time Spiral Block and this just giving you a 50/50 chance of getting TSP/TSP/TSP or FUT/PLC/TSP is wrong on many levels:

1) You don't in fact have control over what you get, because you can get 2 different things.
2) In most cases those two things are wildly different - there are plenty of people who would rather take a punch to the face rather than draft MSQ/MSQ/MSQ, but would really enjoy full masques block. Direct opposite with Kamigawa block.
3) Many full block drafts play very differently whether you draft them Big Set first or Last Small Set first. FUT/PLC/TSP and TSP/PLC/FUT are 2 very different things.

If my tone is the problem, we can ring up pro tour vets one by one until we find one who manages to explain this in an appropriate tone. But having a button which lets you choose just the block but not the booster composition and oder (at least between Set1/Set1/Set1, Set3/Set2/Set1 an Set1/Set2/Set3, if not Set1/Set1/Set2 or Set3 and the reverse order of that) and saying that there's no randomness is an outright falsehood (intentional or not).

In RL most people who play draft would not jump into a draft without having this information in advance. People don't generally play "mystery drafts" very much, and most people who've played a lot of draft would find the current setup quite preposterous.
Your tone does come off as extremely harsh, and really, that doesn't make me want to go in and fix things.

Moving on, Forge doesn't have a good way to support official draft types. It literally throws together a handful of random combinations to pick from in regular draft mode. Right now it picks a configuration of Small-Large1-Large2, Large-Large-Large, or Small1-Small2-Large which has worked well enough and fits the draft format of most blocks/sets (and I also haven't heard anyone complain about this until now). It's clear that there are still some things that can be worked on and improved about the quest drafts (and Forge draft selection in general). I might work on this next week, but right now I'm not feeling particularly inclined to do something about it and would rather enjoy my long weekend.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby lujo » 12 Oct 2014, 20:17

KrazyTheFox wrote:Your tone does come off as extremely harsh, and really, that doesn't make me want to go in and fix things.
I know :( But the suggestion that I'm trolling sets me off - what I said there is accurate and can be easily confirmed. If I had a fat wad of money and a time machine, took a time machine back to before I responded to the ad hominem post (which is way more insulting and arrogant than what I wrote if you're aware that what I wrote is in fact true), found one of you guys who'd fix it for a fat wad of money, give it to him or her, they'd do it and then you guys would get praise from happy users for "finally fixing" the quest draft. It's just the way it is, unfortunately.

KrazyTheFox wrote:Moving on, Forge doesn't have a good way to support official draft types. It literally throws together a handful of random combinations to pick from in regular draft mode. Right now it picks a configuration of Small-Large1-Large2, Large-Large-Large, or Small1-Small2-Large which has worked well enough and fits the draft format of most blocks/sets (and I also haven't heard anyone complain about this until now). It's clear that there are still some things that can be worked on and improved about the quest drafts (and Forge draft selection in general). I might work on this next week, but right now I'm not feeling particularly inclined to do something about it and would rather enjoy my long weekend.
Meh, it's no rush, I've been playing with Forge through a lot of stuff figuring it's obvious and that it would be fixed. I've played through lands not untapping, cratures not going to the graveyard even though they're killed, error reports after every phase... But someone ought to get around to it eventually.

The reason you're not getting many complaints about this is that most people I know who're playing (and some of them I pointed to forge) are mostly happy about being able to play magic for free and since it looks so far from what it could be figure all these things would be fixed eventually. The introduction of draft into quest mode, for example, got at least 5 people I know to play (I've shown them Forge before but it only became interesting after that change). I'm just the only guy who I know which doesn't assume you guys are aware of these things and are guaranteed to fix them eventually. What friarsol wrote would be outright shocking in this context.

But in case it's not clear enough - someone who clicks on "Masques block" on purpose, spends a token on it, and gets no choice between MSQ/MSQ/MSQ and any other combination of boosters in the block is very likely to feel very cheated.
---

lujo

Postby RichardHawk » 12 Oct 2014, 21:36

friarsol wrote:
RichardHawk wrote:I would like to request being able to choose your boosters for draft and sealed. Right now Forge offers no way to do the popular 3x Champions of Kamigawa or 3x Innistrad formats, among others. Presumably 3x Khans won't be available in post Fate Reforged-versions either, which is just weird since new versions are supposed to be improvements in every way.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I just started a Booster Draft for Kamigawa and I get a popup asking me what my booster selection should be. The last one in the list is CHK/CHK/CHK.

Then I just did a Sealed and I get a list of 4 choices, the first one is 6 CHK.

In addition to that, you can always create your own custom limited formats if you think the generated ones don't contain what you have.
Well, I feel embarassed now. I had no idea there is a submenu after you choose a block draft since I have only chosen to do set drafts in Forge. (As you might be able to tell, I like 3x set drafts!)

Thanks for clearing this up, glad to know I can do it.
RichardHawk

Postby lujo » 12 Oct 2014, 22:06

XD

Well, what I wrote is still not trolling, and can (if it can) be easily adressed by adding the same submenu to the quest draft choice after you spend a token. It is what anyone would expect after they spend it, and especially after they read the changelog.
---

lujo

Postby drdev » 14 Oct 2014, 19:09

friarsol wrote:
Marek14 wrote:When you click on face-down Fathom Seer, you're forced to unmorph it if possible. I think that morph should be always cancellable because misclicks are when you can't see the card properly.
Yea, there's a few costs that used to be cancellable that aren't anymore. I don't know when that happened, but I'd call this one a bug.
Fixed in r27938, so the next snapshot build should have it working.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 17 Oct 2014, 15:29

With morph overlay printed in KTK, would it be possible to separate regular face-down cards (as they now appear in snapshots when clicking on library and such) and face-down creatures on the battlefield?
Marek14
Tester

Postby drdev » 17 Oct 2014, 17:01

Marek14 wrote:With morph overlay printed in KTK, would it be possible to separate regular face-down cards (as they now appear in snapshots when clicking on library and such) and face-down creatures on the battlefield?
Are you referring to using the special token as the image for a Morph card? We could definitely support that as soon as the image becomes available.

Meanwhile, you can still differentiate Morph vs. hidden based on whether there's a P/T shown.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 17 Oct 2014, 17:13

drdev wrote:
Marek14 wrote:With morph overlay printed in KTK, would it be possible to separate regular face-down cards (as they now appear in snapshots when clicking on library and such) and face-down creatures on the battlefield?
Are you referring to using the special token as the image for a Morph card? We could definitely support that as soon as the image becomes available.

Meanwhile, you can still differentiate Morph vs. hidden based on whether there's a P/T shown.
Yes, the thing is -- I use an unofficial "morph spider" image in pictures directory instead of a card back, which was ok while the back was only really used for morph creatures, but now that it's no longer true, morph creatures really deserve a picture of their own :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby drdev » 17 Oct 2014, 17:20

Marek14 wrote:
drdev wrote:

Yes, the thing is -- I use an unofficial "morph spider" image in pictures directory instead of a card back, which was ok while the back was only really used for morph creatures, but now that it's no longer true, morph creatures really deserve a picture of their own :)
Ah, fair enough. I think what I'll do then is add some code to check for an image in the tokens folder for Morph, and fallback to the card back if it doesn't exist. That way you can use your image for now, and eventually someone can add the new token to the downloadable tokens.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Xitax » 19 Oct 2014, 21:34

In addition, could you make it so that the card back, morph from Onslaught, and morph from KTK are separate images? If the right one doesn't exist, then default to the card back??
Xitax

Postby drdev » 20 Oct 2014, 02:02

Xitax wrote:In addition, could you make it so that the card back, morph from Onslaught, and morph from KTK are separate images? If the right one doesn't exist, then default to the card back??
How should I differentiate Onslaught vs. KTK? There's morph cards in other sets besides those two.
drdev
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Forge