It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:14

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby timmermac » 29 May 2014, 23:37

More or less what I had in mind.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Xyx » 30 May 2014, 11:22

The scrollbar of the All Decks tab in the Deck Editor resets whenever I switch away from it. I have a rather long list of decks, so this necessitates a lot of scrolling. I would prefer it if the scrollbar remembered its position.

(The deck list in the Home tab remembers its position.)
Xyx
Tester

Postby rikimbo » 31 May 2014, 20:29

Auras targeting an opponent's permanent
Currently (in the desktop version), an aura targeting an opponent's permanent will be displayed on your side of the field, with a targeting arrow pointed to the target of the aura. It would be nice to have the option to have the aura appear on the opponent's side of the battlefield (I think the Android version already does this). The purpose of this would be to avoid necessary cluttering from targeting arrows when they are all visible. This could be an option in the preferences, for those who prefer the current implementation.

Targeting spells on the stack
For counterspells, currently targeting is done by means of a dialog which lists all legal targets. An alternative method could be to allow spells on the stack to be clicked on directly to select the target, similar to how targeting a player is done. This would be an especially elegant solution for Venser, Shaper Savant, whose ability can target either a spell or a permanent.
rikimbo

Postby runequester » 01 Jun 2014, 03:37

Are there any plans to build in Pauper/Peasant/Noble modes?
runequester

Postby Marek14 » 01 Jun 2014, 12:40

I'd suggest some tweaks to variants:

If a deck with Vanguard/Planechase/Archenemy component is chosen and the variant is not enabled, you are currently not notified, which is troublesome if such deck is randomly selected. I'd suggest to display a warning if you try to start a game and give the player a chance to modify the settings.

As an aside, how does random selection of Vanguard avatar work? Some avatars have two pictures -- do they have twice the chance to be selected?

Finally, I'd suggest to add an option to Vanguard selection to play without avatar. This would enable handicap plays when some players use avatars and some don't.
Marek14
Tester

Postby timmermac » 02 Jun 2014, 18:15

In Constructed mode, I'd like to be able to have a random deck type as well as a random deck within that type.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby pufthemajicdragon » 04 Jun 2014, 04:27

friarsol wrote:
timmermac wrote:Can we get an option to remove the highly annoying confirmation dialogs when buying/selling cards and an option to sell multiple cards simultaneously?
You can sell multiple cards simultaneously. Select multiple rows, or right click depending on how you want to do it.
For the record, that's simply not good enough (tho I do appreciate the response). I generally stick to a couple of themed decks in quest mode, so I sell 99% of my winnings after every duel. Having to click on that confirmation prompt is incredibly annoying when you're selling a lot of different cards at once; there needs to be a way to just make it disappear for good.
pufthemajicdragon

Postby friarsol » 04 Jun 2014, 12:18

pufthemajicdragon wrote:For the record, that's simply not good enough (tho I do appreciate the response). I generally stick to a couple of themed decks in quest mode, so I sell 99% of my winnings after every duel. Having to click on that confirmation prompt is incredibly annoying when you're selling a lot of different cards at once; there needs to be a way to just make it disappear for good.
If you multiselect rows and hit sell you get one confirmation dialog for all of the cards you sell, I don't see how that can be justified as "incredibly annoying".

Sort by new. Select all of the new cards, deselect the ones you don't want to sell, click sell, click ok. Seems pretty straightforward to me.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby donluca » 16 Jun 2014, 21:13

Pretty sure this has already been asked but here we go...

Can you implement an auto-update feature (possibly with a pop-up window with the changelog)? So we're sure that we'll always have the most updated version and if there's a game breaking bug you can just push a simple hotfix instead of an entire new version.

Postby drdev » 17 Jun 2014, 01:13

donluca wrote:Pretty sure this has already been asked but here we go...

Can you implement an auto-update feature (possibly with a pop-up window with the changelog)? So we're sure that we'll always have the most updated version and if there's a game breaking bug you can just push a simple hotfix instead of an entire new version.
This is planned for the Android version. Not sure how easy it would be for the desktop version.

That said, you mention hotfixes, so what you probably want is to install the latest snapshot build. Those are released daily I believe. I don't think we'd want to have the auto-updater check for snapshots however.
drdev
Programmer

Postby serrasmurf » 18 Jun 2014, 09:10

Here some ideas that I posted in other threads.

Krazythefox made a great addition with quest drafting, bringing the full quest campaign one step closer. I read many great ideas for that on this forum, here my 2 cents:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1516&p=107768&hilit=vision#p107768
Full campaign still requires quite some dev work. Here 2 simple ideas to get the same kind of experience and keep your quests interesting for a longer time.

Trophy chamber
Forge remembers the achievements you've accomplished. E.g. 10-win streak, 25-winstreak, all the possible alternative win-conditions, 1st-turn-kill, several draft formats you've mastered by winning the tournaments, finishing all challenges in a quest world, etc.

You can do this either on a quest level or Forge level, in which Forge records your achievements through various quests, and enable you to win them in various quest modi (easy, medium, other preferences...) Many other games do this, plants versus zombies is a nice example.

Quest Points
An alternative/expanded approach could be to award "quest points" for everything. With diminishing returns for repeated achievements (your 100th win with your P9 deck gets you far less quest points then your 1st theros sealed tournament). Who will be the first to grind until 1000 quest points? :D
serrasmurf

Postby Fizanko » 18 Jun 2014, 22:06

In the quest challenge you can sometime run into Sorin vs Tibalt in the main world, it made me think :
Could it be possible to have a game mode based on the duel decks ?
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Duel_Decks

An idea about how the mode could be would be based on chonology unlocking : only the first duel deck available (Elves vs Goblins) the first time you play the game mode , and if you beat it (from a side or another), you unlock the next in the timeline (Jace vs. Chandra) etc... until you have unlocked them all.

Of course to keep things fun, old duels decks should still be available for you to replay them anytime you want even if the more recent duels decks are already unlocked.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby serrasmurf » 19 Jun 2014, 07:59

Fizanko wrote:In the quest challenge you can sometime run into Sorin vs Tibalt in the main world, it made me think :
Could it be possible to have a game mode based on the duel decks ?
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Duel_Decks

An idea about how the mode could be would be based on chonology unlocking : only the first duel deck available (Elves vs Goblins) the first time you play the game mode , and if you beat it (from a side or another), you unlock the next in the timeline (Jace vs. Chandra) etc... until you have unlocked them all.

Of course to keep things fun, old duels decks should still be available for you to replay them anytime you want even if the more recent duels decks are already unlocked.
Hi Fizanko,
That would indeed be cool! Here Sols recent response:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4458&start=930#p144985

Coincidentally i started yesterday with collecting the duel deck lists and plan to playtest them all this weekend to see which the AI can handle, so that work is done. Then chops might want to run his test again to check power levels.

I came up with the following ideas for implementing them in Forge:

1: we add them as challenges to the main world. Just like tibalt vs. sorin
A valid option, but I think we can create an additional cool experience if you can play all of them whenever you want and in a context (like you suggested)

2: we create a tournament where the duel decks reside. In this tournament you play against all these nasty opponents and at the end come out victorious. 2 problems: Entering a tournament within your quest is not possible yet (but hopefully soon now drafting is also possible). Major concern with this approach imo is that a tournament is something you play with 1 deck. I could see for example Forge having the data (players, decks) of several historic pro tour tournaments. When you enter the tournament within your quest you choose one of the original decks and then play the entire tournament according to the pro tour setup.

3: we create a special quest world where these dueling bastards live. It is like entering a Plane with a big arena where planeswalkers gather to do battle. Question is how to setup such a world:
- Only challenges in this world: that’s how the duel decks currently are implemented: we only need to make sure all the challenges are immediately available. The order in which you battle them can be based on power level or per your suggestion chronological
- Duel decks are played out as normal games in this world (and we mark them easy, medium, hard)
- Create a quest world where you play normal games against normal opponents (with a cool fitting theme and possibly constraints) but where all challenges are duel decks (but they are more often available than challenges normally are).

Any thoughts?
serrasmurf

Postby Fizanko » 19 Jun 2014, 12:31

Interesting, there's indeed plenty of way to get the duels decks concept working .

I imagine as Sorin vs Tibalt is implemented in quest challenge, it could work completely to make them as challenge too (as that challenge is fun).

The only problem is the replayability, as the same as Sorin vs Tibalt if you want to replay it, you'll have to wait until the challenge come up again, and still you don't really choose your side (as there are 2 Sorin vs Tibalt challenges currently, each one is in fact putting you on a different side of the duel)

For a special tournament in which all the duel decks are actual contestant, it could be great fun.
The only problem is that you lose the balance of each specific duels (as i like to imagine the mtg guys didn't designed the duels decks by only choosing a theme and randomly filling them with cards that fit thematically, but spent some time thinking about balancing the gameplay for their specific duel decks, a balance that would be lost when mixing all those decks, but still i would be fun)

Meanwhile, i forged each of the 13 duel decks in .dck file (there will be a 14th duel deck soon published, Speed vs Cunning), if one want to play with them i imagine currently the best way is to add them to your custom constructed decks, and play in Constructed Duels with the AI , take one of the deck for yourself and give the opposite deck to the AI.

The only problem with those dekcs is that at the time i write, Harm's Way is one of the cards Forge is not yet supporting and Knights (from Knights vs Dragon) has Harm's Way in the deck, so maybe avoid to play Knights vs Dragons (or remove Harm's Way from the .dck file)

On my .dck file i didn't removed or replaced it, as i'm not sure which card to replace it with to obtain the exact same effect with the same color and remove it simply may break the balance of that deck in comparison to its opposite
Attachments
DuelDecksfiztest.zip
13 duel decks
(14.31 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Fizanko » 19 Jun 2014, 13:42

The previous post uploaded collection of the 13 current duel decks forged into .dck file didn't had the cards linked to their real duel deck sets, so if used Forge would just assign random image from another set of a card with the same name.
It was good only in case you didn't had all the duel decks cards image sets.

I added then the correct specific set for each of the duel decks and uploaded , so it will use the actual duel deck sets images as it should :
Attachments
DuelDecksfizSET.zip
(14.59 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Fizanko
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Forge