It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 06:54

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby serrasmurf » 19 Jun 2014, 13:53

Hi Fizanko,
Thnx for the file!
I think the most elegant solution is to replace Harm's way with a basic plains.
If more cards need replacing (because the AI can't handle them properly) than we can choose between replacing with similar cards or excluding the particular deck.
serrasmurf

Postby serrasmurf » 19 Jun 2014, 14:06

BTW, after reading your post it seems that throwing all decks in 1 tournament would be cool too. It might indeed not be balanced, but that means you'll automatically have a lot of difficulty levels and a great challenge as a human player to win the tournament with the weakest deck.

Also the old invitational comes to mind where the 16 pro players had to bid with starting hand and starting life total on the 16 decks decks that were designed by the community.. :D
serrasmurf

Postby Fizanko » 19 Jun 2014, 14:30

That should work this way, as while i was thinking of internal balance between each duel decks, i forgot that MtG features a good part of a deck efficiency still left to luck/randomness (having the good card coming to hand at the good time by example)

And this should actually "balance the imbalance", making a tournament probably working overall :)

Will have to play several duels between duels decks to see how it would feel.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 19 Jun 2014, 17:09

Since the Card Detail panel contains information about attachments, could it also display combat information? I.e. who or what is the creature attacking, which creatures block it, or which creatures are blocked by it. I've just had a situation where AI blocked one of my 2 Wurm tokens. The arrow was ambiguous since they were stacked and the I had to use numbers displayed in combat window. Sure, it works, but putting the information to Card Detail as well would be useful.
Marek14
Tester

Postby timmermac » 19 Jun 2014, 18:22

There should be a combat pane that lists attackers and blockers.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 20 Jun 2014, 06:04

timmermac wrote:There should be a combat pane that lists attackers and blockers.
Yes, there is. I'm just saying that it might not be enough since in cases of large amount of similar attackers and blockers, it's cluttered and you have to hunt for IDs to find the specific creatures mentioned in panel for purpose of targeting and such.
Marek14
Tester

Postby antekm » 29 Jun 2014, 17:04

Is it possible to make something with exceptions - when there's an exception, everything more or less seem to work, but cards are not tapped and untapped properly - even if you start a new match - only solution is to restart the whole game.
antekm

Postby meapineapple » 20 Jul 2014, 21:22

It'd be awesome if I wasn't prompted to choose the order of identical effects. Also, having the popup every turn for enchantments and such gets really old. A "remember this choice" option would be amazing.
meapineapple

Postby Marek14 » 21 Jul 2014, 06:32

meapineapple wrote:It'd be awesome if I wasn't prompted to choose the order of identical effects. Also, having the popup every turn for enchantments and such gets really old. A "remember this choice" option would be amazing.
Hm, for optional triggered abilities, you can right-click on the stack and choose whether you want them to be always accepted, always declined or whether you want the choice every time. Maybe something like this could be done for all triggered abilities, with option to "don't care about ordering"...
Marek14
Tester

Postby KrazyTheFox » 22 Jul 2014, 16:36

Right now when card pictures are missing, the game shows a blank, generic card template. Instead, could we get a "card" that looks like the details view on the Android version? That way, even if you don't have the images, you could still easily draft without having to open up the detail view for each card to find out what it is.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 22 Jul 2014, 17:42

KrazyTheFox wrote:Right now when card pictures are missing, the game shows a blank, generic card template. Instead, could we get a "card" that looks like the details view on the Android version? That way, even if you don't have the images, you could still easily draft without having to open up the detail view for each card to find out what it is.
Yea that would certainly be handy, I usually flip to list view when I'm doing anything on my android so I can see what things names are. It's at least better than looking at the details.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby drdev » 22 Jul 2014, 18:41

friarsol wrote:
KrazyTheFox wrote:Right now when card pictures are missing, the game shows a blank, generic card template. Instead, could we get a "card" that looks like the details view on the Android version? That way, even if you don't have the images, you could still easily draft without having to open up the detail view for each card to find out what it is.
Yea that would certainly be handy, I usually flip to list view when I'm doing anything on my android so I can see what things names are. It's at least better than looking at the details.
I've been planning to work on something to this effect, at least for the mobile game. I'll see if I can come up with something for the desktop game too while I'm at it.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 22 Jul 2014, 19:12

Would it be possible to not stack tokens with same name but different pictures? Currently, for example, two Wurm tokens from Wurmcoil Engine stack despite each being different.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Xitax » 22 Jul 2014, 23:46

Not quite ideal though. I'd want Eldrazi Spawn tokens to stack because they're really the same, but Forge doesn't recognize that the two Wurm tokens are actually different.
Xitax

Postby Marek14 » 23 Jul 2014, 06:30

Xitax wrote:Not quite ideal though. I'd want Eldrazi Spawn tokens to stack because they're really the same, but Forge doesn't recognize that the two Wurm tokens are actually different.
The thing is that even if Forge distinguished between Eldrazi Spawn types, the number of stacks would, at worst, increase by two, which is not that high of a price.
Marek14
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Forge