Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby scramsamsax » 27 May 2016, 22:00

An option to make a custom cube or a Chaos draft would be an absolute blast :D
scramsamsax

Postby Marek14 » 28 May 2016, 10:21

Hanmac wrote:Marek14: i like your idea, also because for older cards, when they are reprinted, the token image is still the old one.

in most/all cases when a card gets printed, it does get a new token image too.

i think the best way would be have TokenImage be better auto generated with adding the set name into the image name if possible. (maybe with fallback)

that might not work for all cases like when some keywords should be part of the name like with infect. (maybe some white list)
Yes, I've seen tokens for Eternal Masters, for example. Some can be used as replacement for unofficial tokens (like Serfs and Goblin Soldiers for Goblin Trenches), but what about, say, the colorless Spirit? Should it replace the existing picture?
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 29 May 2016, 07:36

Marik14: hm I want to add new images and have the old ones as fallback.

I did thought about to generate the TokenImage, but its a bit more complicated because often it does use the image from a different set from the same block.

I will play with it and see what I can do.
Hanmac

Postby churrufli » 29 May 2016, 21:17

My suggestions. When you cancel a spell, if it's posiblo, only simply close the pop-up instead of having to select the action and then cancel.
Net Decks update as an option, because I have to update them whenever I start. Love Forge!
churrufli

Postby masterdark1905 » 07 Jun 2016, 17:16

Hi, I played forge, xmage, magarena and definitely Forge is the best.
my suggestions:
1)When a player cast an instant or a sorcery show this card in the battlefield and not only in the stack.
2)the GUI need improvements, especially the deck editor, please put an advanced filter, for example show only determinate expansion or only specific creatures similar to wizards gatherer or magiccards.
3)The par at the right of the battlefield ca be mor organiced
4)add the possibility to download cards in other languages
5)Online is important because the most exciting part of magic is play with other people.
6)add the option to check updates automatically.
PD:The preconstructed deck R/W forged in battle has island instead plains.
masterdark1905

Postby drdev » 28 Jun 2016, 01:18

masterdark1905 wrote:2)the GUI need improvements, especially the deck editor, please put an advanced filter, for example show only determinate expansion or only specific creatures similar to wizards gatherer or magiccards.
There's already an Advanced Search option in the deck editor, which can be used to filter on just about anything you can think of. On Android, this is under the magnifying glass button. On desktop this is under the Filters button.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Indigo Dragon » 30 Jun 2016, 10:13

I don't know if this is the right place to put this but...

INDIGO_DRAGON'S BIG LIST OF IMPROVEMENTS AND LIFE QUALITY IN FORGE

Duel Decks Zendikar vs Eldrazi
res editions
49 C Consume the Meek -> 49 R Consume the Meek
61 C Hellion Eruption -> 61 R Hellion Eruption

CARDS

Dack Fayden Ultimate
| Images$ dack_fayden_emblem |
Code: Select all
A:AB$ Effect | Cost$ SubCounter<6/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | Name$ Dack Fayden emblem | Images$ dack_fayden_emblem | Triggers$ TrigSpellCast | SVars$ EffSpellCast | Duration$ Permanent | AILogic$ Always | Stackable$ False | SpellDescription$ You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast a spell that targets one or more permanents, gain control of those permanents."
SVar:TrigSpellCast:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidActivatingPlayer$ You | TargetsValid$ Permanent | Execute$ EffSpellCast | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you cast a spell that targets one or more permanents, gain control of those permanents.
SVar:EffSpellCast:AB$ GainControl | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ TriggeredSpellAbilityTargetingCards

Deathbringer Liege
Swap "whenever you cast" triggers so that always taps first, then destroys.
T:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidCard$ Card.White | ValidActivatingPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigTap | OptionalDecider$ You | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you cast a white spell, you may tap target creature.
T:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidCard$ Card.Black | ValidActivatingPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigDestroy | OptionalDecider$ You | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you cast a black spell, you may destroy target creature if it's tapped.
SVar:TrigTap:AB$ Tap | Cost$ 0 | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature to tap
SVar:TrigDestroy:AB$ Destroy | Cost$ 0 | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature to destroy | ConditionDefined$ Targeted | ConditionPresent$ Creature.tapped
I know this isn't the oracle wording but screw that.

Hero of Bladehold
As above, Swap triggers so tokens get Battle Cry trigger as well
T:Mode$ Attacks | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Execute$ TrigToken | TriggerDescription$ Whenever CARDNAME attacks, put two 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.
T:Mode$ Attacks | ValidCard$ Card.Self | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigBattleCry | TriggerDescription$ Battle cry (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)
SVar:TrigBattleCry:AB$ PumpAll | Cost$ 0 | ValidCards$ Creature.attacking+Other | NumAtt$ 1
SVar:TrigToken:AB$ Token | Cost$ 0 | TokenAmount$ 2 | TokenName$ Soldier | TokenTypes$ Creature,Soldier | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ White | TokenPower$ 1 | TokenToughness$ 1 | TokenTapped$ True | TokenAttacking$ True | TokenImage$ w 1 1 soldier SOM

Jeskai Ascendancy
Old code had a crazy SVars about drawing and discarding when we already had a SVar:TrigLoot
Changed second trigger to Svar:TrigLoot:AB$Draw
T:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidCard$ Card.nonCreature | ValidActivatingPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigPumpAll | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn. Untap those creatures.
T:Mode$ SpellCast | ValidCard$ Card.nonCreature | ValidActivatingPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigLoot | OptionalDecider$ You | TriggerDescription$ Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card.
SVar:TrigPumpAll:DB$ PumpAll | Cost$ 0 | ValidCards$ Creature.YouCtrl | NumAtt$ 1 | NumDef$ 1 | SubAbility$ TrigUntapAll
SVar:TrigUntapAll:DB$ UntapAll | Cost$ 0 | ValidCards$ Creature.YouCtrl
SVar:BuffedBy:Card.nonCreature+nonLand
SVar:TrigLoot:AB$Draw | Cost$ 0 | NumCards$ 1 | SubAbility$ DBDiscard
SVar:DBDiscard:DB$Discard | Defined$ You | Mode$ TgtChoose | NumCards$ 1
While we're here
Murder of Crows
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Battlefield | Destination$ Graveyard | ValidCard$ Creature.Other | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigLoot | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | OptionalDecider$ You | TriggerDescription$ Whenever another creature dies, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card.
SVar:TrigLoot:AB$Draw | Cost$ 0 | NumCards$ 1 | SubAbility$ DBDiscard
SVar:DBDiscard:DB$Discard | Defined$ You | Mode$ TgtChoose | NumCards$ 1

Kiora, the Crashing Wave
As with Dack Fayden, Ultimate Emblem
A:AB$ Effect | Cost$ SubCounter<5/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | Name$ Kiora, the Crashing Wave emblem | Image$ kiora_the_crashing_wave_emblem | Triggers$ EOTTrig | SVars$ KioraToken | Duration$ Permanent | AILogic$ Always | SpellDescription$ You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your end step, put a 9/9 blue Kraken creature token onto the battlefield."
SVar:EOTTrig:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ End of Turn | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Command | Execute$ KioraToken | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of your end step, put a 9/9 blue Kraken creature token onto the battlefield.
SVar:KioraToken:AB$ Token | Cost$ 0 | TokenAmount$ 1 | TokenName$ Kraken | TokenTypes$ Creature,Kraken | TokenOwner$ You | TokenColors$ Blue | TokenPower$ 9 | TokenToughness$ 9

Narset Transcendent
AS ABOVE, Ultimate Emblem
A:AB$ Effect | Cost$ SubCounter<9/LOYALTY> | Name$ Narset Transcendent emblem | Image$ Narset_Transcendent_emblem | StaticAbilities$ STNarset | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | Stackable$ False | Duration$ Permanent | AILogic$ Always | SpellDescription$ You get an emblem with "Your opponents can't cast noncreature spells."
SVar:STNarset:Mode$ CantBeCast | ValidCard$ Card.nonCreature | Caster$ Opponent | EffectZone$ Command | Description$ Your opponents can't cast noncreature spells.

Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker
" " , Ultimate Emblem
A:AB$ Effect | Cost$ SubCounter<6/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | Name$ Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker emblem | Imnages$ Sarkhan_the_Dragonspeaker_emblem | Triggers$ BODTrig,EOTTrig | SVars$ SarkhanDraw,SarkhanDiscard | Duration$ Permanent | AILogic$ Always | SpellDescription$ You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your draw step, draw two additional cards" and "At the beginning of your end step, discard your hand."
SVar:BODTrig:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ Draw | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Command | Execute$ SarkhanDraw | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of your draw step, draw two additional cards.
SVar:SarkhanDraw:AB$ Draw | Cost$ 0 | NumCards$ 2 | Defined$ You
SVar:EOTTrig:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ End of Turn | ValidPlayer$ You | TriggerZones$ Command | Execute$ SarkhanDiscard | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of your end step, discard your hand.
SVar:SarkhanDiscard:AB$ Discard | Cost$ 0 | Mode$ Hand
SVar:PlayMain1:ALWAYS

Sorin, Solemn Visitor
Last Emblem, Honest
A:AB$ Effect | Cost$ SubCounter<6/LOYALTY> | Planeswalker$ True | Ultimate$ True | Name$ Sorin, Solemn Visitor emblem | Image$ Sorin_Solemn_Visitor_emblem | Triggers$ BOTTrig | SVars$ SorinSac | Duration$ Permanent | AILogic$ Always | SpellDescription$ You get an emblem with "At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player sacrifices a creature."
SVar:BOTTrig:Mode$ Phase | Phase$ Upkeep | ValidPlayer$ Player.Opponent | TriggerZones$ Command | Execute$ SorinSac | TriggerDescription$ At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player sacrifices a creature.
SVar:SorinSac:AB$ Sacrifice | Cost$ 0 | SacValid$ Creature | Defined$ TriggeredPlayer
SVar:PlayMain1:TRUE

Temur Ascendancy
Used Garruk's Packleader to make Better Optional Draw, like Jeskai Ascendancy
T:Mode$ ChangesZone | Origin$ Any | Destination$ Battlefield | ValidCard$ Creature.powerGE4+YouCtrl | OptionalDecider$ You | TriggerZones$ Battlefield | Execute$ TrigDraw | TriggerDescription$ Whenever a creature with power 4 or greater enters the battlefield under your control, you may draw a card.
SVar:TrigDraw:AB$ Draw | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ You | NumCards$ 1

And that's it! I do have my own bad Karador, Ghost Chieftain, that relies on activated abilities, but wrong thread.
So as a reminder for future coders: Always include | Image$ Planes_walker_emblem |, as Indigo_Dragon got those HQ pics for emblems for a reason!
And that SVar:TrigLoot:AB$Draw exists.

Thanks for making Forge great!
Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
Indigo Dragon

Postby Hanmac » 30 Jun 2016, 11:35

@Indigo Dragon: thanks for finding them i will apply them later (if not someone if faster)

as for the Emblem image i might find a way to get them from the Name if possible (no need to have them twice)

hm i also might found a problem that they are not treated as Emblems while inside the game :/ i will look at that later.

===
as for the rearrange of the Trigger, yeah that might not be oracle correct, but its better for the player (and probably the AI too XD)
Hanmac

Postby lazylockie » 01 Jul 2016, 19:03

can we have some form of Auto paying something that isn't mana? for instance Glare of Subdual or Opposition. When activating the ability, clicking the Auto button would choose a suitable candidate for tapping automatically

How does AI handle this? Maybe it could use tokens first, then creatures ordered by CMC.
lazylockie

Postby timmermac » 01 Jul 2016, 19:49

I'm not sure I like the idea, mainly because I want to be able to choose what gets tapped and what doesn't in that situation. I'd get extremely annoyed if it autotapped my Priest of Titania for example.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby friarsol » 01 Jul 2016, 20:41

lazylockie wrote:can we have some form of Auto paying something that isn't mana? for instance Glare of Subdual or Opposition. When activating the ability, clicking the Auto button would choose a suitable candidate for tapping automatically

How does AI handle this? Maybe it could use tokens first, then creatures ordered by CMC.
timmermac wrote:I'm not sure I like the idea, mainly because I want to be able to choose what gets tapped and what doesn't in that situation. I'd get extremely annoyed if it autotapped my Priest of Titania for example.
Probably the only acceptable way to do this would be to "highlight" the cards that would be used for the autopayment and use the left button (currently disabled) in the CostPayment Dialog for accepting the auto choice.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby qwds30 » 03 Jul 2016, 06:48

I am a Forge quest mode player and I am doing some modifications to the quest mode worlds and duels decks. In order to make every AI opponent's deck a little bit more different than the others, I decided to change duel deck's AI HP and add specific cards as rewards when player beat specific duel decks. So, I added these new changes on those duel's .dck files in the way how these changes are done in the challenge decks and their .dck files(Such as adding "AILife=40" on the .dck file in the hope that the AI's life will become 40 when playing against this deck). However, such changes didn't work.
As the challenge mode is not convenient and stable for testing decks (for example, it requires certain number of wins to unlock challenges and even I set the "Wins=0" in their .dck files, they just won't show up in the challenge mode), I give up converting my duel's decks into challenge decks because I can't see and test them in the game easily.
So may it be possible to allow us to change the settings such as prizes, AI or player's life for duel's decks just like the decks in challenge mode? If not, please tell me how to make those challenges deck show up in the game without wins or other limitations.
Thank you!
qwds30

Postby friarsol » 03 Jul 2016, 20:03

qwds30 wrote:So may it be possible to allow us to change the settings such as prizes, AI or player's life for duel's decks just like the decks in challenge mode? If not, please tell me how to make those challenges deck show up in the game without wins or other limitations.
Thank you!
Well no duel decks are designed to be standardized. No extra things, no extra prizes. If you want those things you should be designing challenges.

Now, no challenges unlock before.. 20 wins? Or maybe 25, I forget what that number is. You should be able to play against those decks in the constructed mode if you just want to see how they play (it's easy enough to set the game state to however you like before you start playing if you need certain states). Otherwise, the easiest way to test them, is turning on Dev Mode, create a test quest, then just grant yourself free wins via dev mode until you see the challenge you are looking for.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby horsekateer » 04 Jul 2016, 16:51

Obviously havent checked through the thousands of posts on this but just wanted to toss an idea out there, Commander Quests? Same idea as we have now but you get a random pool to build from (larger of course) and then you get to buy/choose a commander from the lowest tier - a list chosen by the programmers. So first choice is just a bunch of vanilla legends, and eventually you can upgrade, buy special legendary packs, etc. This would get me back into quest mode for sure. Love the program guys, can;t say it enough. So fun. Check out our podcat, The Commander's Brew where we big it up all the time! commandersbrew.com
horsekateer

Postby Xyx » 07 Jul 2016, 13:08

Feature request: Automatically pass priority.

I introduced Forge to a friend and the interface weirded the crap out of him. What got to him most was that he had to manually pass priority every time he cast a spell. He's familiar with Shandalar, Cockatrice and Magic Online, all of which handle priority passes slightly more naturally than Forge. Namely, whenever you cast a spell or activate an ability, priority is automatically passed unless you explicitly hold it.

Holding priority is something that only happens like 1% of the time, so the other 99% of the time that's a LOT of needless clicking. I believe that on Magic Online, you have to hold down the Control key if you want to retain priority. I'm not saying Magic Online is always right, but in this case it's 1 keypress versus 99 clicks.

Note that I already disabled the stops on everything but his M1 and his opponent's ET. I did this because, when I introduced Forge to another friend, all the stops were on and it drove him crazy. Actually, it drives me crazy, so I normally play with only one stop (on my M1) and set other stops as required (and then remove them as soon as they are no longer needed.)
Xyx
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Forge