It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 03:04

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Marek14 » 04 Apr 2014, 15:28

Xyx wrote:Anything where you can rewind after the opponent got a chance to respond has the potential to be an exploit. Anything where the opponent hasn't yet had the opportunity to respond (starting to cast a spell, starting to activate an ability requiring a target or cost) can be canceled out of, and mana abilities can be Ctrl+Z-ed just like drdev said. Past that point you wouldn't be allowed any takebacks in competitive paper Magic either.
Maybe except things like activating Chromatic Sphere -- even if opponent hasn't responded, you shouldn't be able to cancel because you've seen a card.

Here's a question: Could there be a toggle to show summoning sickness on noncreature permanents or to show it in Card Detail panels? It's mostly because of situation where you have a stack of identical manlands and you want to be sure you won't accidentally animate the one that's not able to attack.
Marek14
Tester

Postby antekm » 05 Apr 2014, 08:19

I second this request - at least as an option in single player. There're already many other ways to exploit the game anyhow, and it's very easy to press one Enter too much :)
antekm

Postby antekm » 05 Apr 2014, 09:09

When there are prompts mentioning card name (for example for Scry 1, or for Lazav, Dimir Mastermind) it would be useful to display the card somehow - currently in such situation we are forced to make a decision without seeing the card, or go to Deck Editor tab and search for card manually.
antekm

Postby kannrain89 » 05 Apr 2014, 11:46

I have two request regarding quest mode.
1. I guess it would be better if quest deck filter be set to the world I am being in by default.
2. Card limitation, which makes you can't use cards that are not legal for your quest world.
Well.. I have other needs (eg, getting boosters when lost, etc) though but I believe you guys'll do right
kannrain89

Postby popsergiu » 09 Apr 2014, 15:51

I was thinking that say if Theros could be a world in Quest mode and Theros Hero quest can be a event there :o that would be amazing, and a special Hydra challenge that is different than your regular fights :D this would be amazing and the Store there to feature the Hero cards :o and as you progress in this event you face the Hoard deck and Xenagos just like in real life events :o (some of us cant make those event T.T ) and maybe even progress your own Hero Godslayer weapon.
popsergiu

Postby Marek14 » 10 Apr 2014, 06:49

I was wondering about mana pool. Forge supports various special types of mana, so, would it be possible to add a "mana table" window where you could see detailed information for the individual mana points you have in there? Something you could open in the rare cases where you need it (complex games with Upwelling, for example), showing the origin data (produced by basic land/snow permanent/creature) and special properties. And when open while game asks for mana payment, you could pay mana directly from there.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Xyx » 10 Apr 2014, 13:59

Marek14 wrote:would it be possible to add a "mana table" window where you could see detailed information for the individual mana points you have in there?
The contents of your mana pool are already displayed under your avatar. You can't see any special properties like whether it's from Cavern of Souls or Grand Architect, but I've never had that be an issue (but then I haven't played with Upwelling).
Xyx
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 10 Apr 2014, 15:56

Xyx wrote:
Marek14 wrote:would it be possible to add a "mana table" window where you could see detailed information for the individual mana points you have in there?
The contents of your mana pool are already displayed under your avatar. You can't see any special properties like whether it's from Cavern of Souls or Grand Architect, but I've never had that be an issue (but then I haven't played with Upwelling).
Exactly. With Kruphix spoiled today, a need for such thing might increase -- I think that mana left in mana pool will be "bleached" into colorless by Kruphix, but it will retain its properties. And I can well imagine that someone will play him with Cavern of Souls etc...
Marek14
Tester

Postby kannrain89 » 11 Apr 2014, 01:19

well, I guess it can be better if 'commander deck select table' would be like normal deck select table, which can sort and show what subfolder they are in, what color they are, etc.
As of now, Commander deck select table does not show decks if they are in subfolders.
kannrain89

Postby sagephoenix » 13 Apr 2014, 02:30

Any chance we could implement this?

http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Face_the_Hydra
sagephoenix

Postby popsergiu » 13 Apr 2014, 11:42

Would be fun to have Face the Hydra, Face the Minotaur Hoard and face Xenagos challanges next to planechase archenemeny and the rest and maybe can be made those modes to be scorlled down as UI.
popsergiu

Postby Shinneh » 13 Apr 2014, 17:14

This thread is HUGE so sorry if this has been requested already.

I quite enjoy quest mode, however the rewards seem a little more geared to aggressive decks or milling, I wonder, would it be possible to have small rewards for things like "Bring an opponent to below -10, -30" etc. etc. for those decks that just build up and then drop an overrun / make a bunch of tokens etc. and swing

Maybe also very minor rewards for a high number of artifacts or enchantments in play, or even for having over 20 lands out at the end of a match. Just as a little reward for those slower combo / ramp decks.
Shinneh

Postby python2048 » 13 Apr 2014, 21:00

I would like to request Marath, Will of the Wild. I'm building an EDH deck and I want to use Forge to test it. Thanks.
python2048

Postby lazylockie » 14 Apr 2014, 12:08

Shinneh wrote:This thread is HUGE so sorry if this has been requested already.

I quite enjoy quest mode, however the rewards seem a little more geared to aggressive decks or milling, I wonder, would it be possible to have small rewards for things like "Bring an opponent to below -10, -30" etc. etc. for those decks that just build up and then drop an overrun / make a bunch of tokens etc. and swing

Maybe also very minor rewards for a high number of artifacts or enchantments in play, or even for having over 20 lands out at the end of a match. Just as a little reward for those slower combo / ramp decks.
I second this. I liked Wagic the Homebrew because you gained credits based on your life delta against your opponent. This means that decks that gained tons of life or dealt huge amounts of damage in a single blow would actually have a purpose to actually do that.

From a game's perspective, it doesn't matter if you had 100 life or if your opponent died with -200 life, you still won, but as a quest's perspective, it makes sense getting rewarded for overwhelming your opponent
lazylockie

Postby timmermac » 14 Apr 2014, 12:16

So how does a 50 credit bonus for every 5 points of damage beyond required for lethal damage sound? Too much, not enough?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Forge