It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:37

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Gilg » 14 Apr 2014, 15:26

Is it possible for the number of wins necessary to unlock a new edition in Quest mode be configurable? It looks like it is set to 20 right now. Personally, I'd like the option to make it more frequent. Thanks.
Gilg

Postby Xyx » 14 Apr 2014, 15:40

Some sort of achievement hunting could be fun, but I don't think there needs to be extrinsic motivation for the player to do more than just "have fun playing Magic" in every single game. I wouldn't want to feel obligated to hold off on killing my opponent for a few turns in order to qualify for some sort of overkill bonus. It'd be cool once, but not every single game. Motivating players to do tedious things is bad game design.
Xyx
Tester

Postby Shinneh » 14 Apr 2014, 16:12

timmermac wrote:So how does a 50 credit bonus for every 5 points of damage beyond required for lethal damage sound? Too much, not enough?
That sounds great to me :)
Shinneh

Postby drdev » 15 Apr 2014, 00:06

Shinneh wrote:
timmermac wrote:So how does a 50 credit bonus for every 5 points of damage beyond required for lethal damage sound? Too much, not enough?
That sounds great to me :)
We'd just need to make sure to put a cap on that, otherwise infinite combos can net infinite credits.
drdev
Programmer

Postby RamonNZ » 16 Apr 2014, 01:31

Hi, I'm Not sure if this is a missing feature or bug, but I'd say missing feature so I'll put it here.
I'm not sure if it's been said before, but I did a search for phase toggle and didn't find mention of it, so here goes:

The toggles are great for your own phases and your first opponent's phases, so that you don't have to click through every phase every turn.

When playing more than one opponent however, players 3-8 don't have the phase toggles (saved or) reloaded, and start with all on. This is pretty rough when playing against 7 players because you have to toggle off most of the phases before each game.

You could either have players 3-8 look at player 2's phase toggles and copy that. That wouldn't take much programming to add in. Alternatively you could save every players' toggles and load them every game.

Either would be fantastic for those 8 player duels.

Thanks for reading.
RamonNZ

Postby kannrain89 » 16 Apr 2014, 09:12

RamonNZ wrote:When playing more than one opponent however, players 3-8 don't have the phase toggles (saved or) reloaded, and start with all on. This is pretty rough when playing against 7 players because you have to toggle off most of the phases before each game.
about that, I can give you a little tip that I use. In Preferences, far down of it, there is a keyboard shortcut named "Match: pass priority until EOT or next stack event." If you press that key in match, it will skip phases until someone cast spells or abilities.
I, personally, set that shortcut to "X" so that it could be closely touched with space bar. (When you changed shortcuts, Forge need to be reset.)
kannrain89

Postby SecretCaveman » 18 Apr 2014, 13:33

Is it possible to make the sound not as loud as it is? Compared to anything else (videos, other games, etc) its just insanely loud. Even better would be a way to adjust the volume yourself.
SecretCaveman

Postby KrazyTheFox » 21 Apr 2014, 04:51

Gilg wrote:Is it possible for the number of wins necessary to unlock a new edition in Quest mode be configurable? It looks like it is set to 20 right now. Personally, I'd like the option to make it more frequent. Thanks.
Done! It'll be available in the next beta release.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby correioalternativo » 23 Apr 2014, 14:45

Option to group artifacts and enchantments:

¹₁ ²₂ ³₃ instead of 1 1 2 2 3 3

It saves space and it is easier to count cards like Bad Moon, Sphere of Resistance etc.

Highlight cards when they are being targeted. For example: I have 3 Island and Zuran Orb; AI casts Stone Rain on one of my lands; I will sacrifice it to gain 2 life. With the targeted card highlighted I do not have to see ID. Or add a Stone Rain thumbnail over the targeted land and so on.

Sorry for my poor English.
correioalternativo

Postby lazylockie » 23 Apr 2014, 22:40

correioalternativo wrote:Option to group artifacts and enchantments:

¹₁ ²₂ ³₃ instead of 1 1 2 2 3 3

It saves space and it is easier to count cards like Bad Moon, Sphere of Resistance etc.

Highlight cards when they are being targeted. For example: I have 3 Island and Zuran Orb; AI casts Stone Rain on one of my lands; I will sacrifice it to gain 2 life. With the targeted card highlighted I do not have to see ID. Or add a Stone Rain thumbnail over the targeted land and so on.

Sorry for my poor English.
I think this is an excellent idea. It would need to differentiate stuff like Howling Mine from Izzet Signet: one has an 'static' effect the other has an activated ability.

Following the same line of thought, if developers could reenable stack spacing it would be great. It's quite annoying to attack/block with tokens, because the current spacing is minimal.

Also on the targeting idea I also think it would be an awesome addition. Especially when casting Auras, so you can respond without mistakes
lazylockie

Postby Adam00 » 24 Apr 2014, 10:16

A thing that can be useful if you have a lot of tokens : be able to right clic - select all tokens from this pile, or all tokens.
With my sliver deck, I need some dexterity to clic each sliver of a pile, and it's the same with sapros, pegasus, goblins etc..
Adam00

Postby kannrain89 » 24 Apr 2014, 14:24

Adam00 wrote:A thing that can be useful if you have a lot of tokens : be able to right clic - select all tokens from this pile, or all tokens.
With my sliver deck, I need some dexterity to clic each sliver of a pile, and it's the same with sapros, pegasus, goblins etc..
I guess the Drag-and-Select type (like you select files in Windows File Explorer) would be good, too. And like if you select with CTRL pressed, you can select others way you want without unselecting. Maybe it can be uncompatible to code into the present Forge, but hey it's just another idea :)
kannrain89

Postby Marek14 » 24 Apr 2014, 15:21

One thing for future version announcements: It takes a while before token images for new sets are uploaded, so for the players who prefer to find the pictures themselves and copy them by hand, could we get a listing of proper filenames of new tokens? I know that I haven't been able to figure out what should be the filename for Gold token...
Marek14
Tester

Postby correioalternativo » 24 Apr 2014, 15:24

Maybe an option to freely reorganize, group and ungroup cards.
correioalternativo

Postby fmartel » 24 Apr 2014, 15:34

Hello all, I got a small request : to be able to manage the damage done to creatures when a bend is in action.
Right now If I got a creature that is 4/4 and my opponent block with 2 creatures, say a 3/3 and a 2/2, if the 2/2 creature comes first (I don't know if it's the casted period, or the numerical order) the system will automatically apply 2 dmg to this creature, leaving 2 for the other. But what if I would decide to eliminate the 3/3, judging it's more dangerous the the 2/2, I can't do that right now.
fmartel

PreviousNext

Return to Forge