It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:37

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby drdev » 11 Aug 2015, 00:53

frlncsclst wrote:Was ctrl+f'ing pretty hard, but has anyone requested that Wins/Losses be tracked for the draft format? Maybe give a W/L/D column?
Game and match wins are tracked via achievements. You just need to select Booster Draft from the drop down. It also tracks best win streaks.
drdev
Programmer

Postby frlncsclst » 11 Aug 2015, 12:26

I just meant for individual drafts that I have created, rather than overall for my profile.
frlncsclst

Postby Xitax » 11 Aug 2015, 13:53

Would you please add "Random Quest Opponent" to the Random Decks constructed menu?
Xitax

Postby shteev » 11 Aug 2015, 14:13

When a dialog box pops up, any chance that everything could not be hashed out so that I could check what cards are in different zones?

This just happened to me: AI cast Exhume, dialog box popped up showing me 3 creatures in my graveyard which could possibly be reanimated. One of these was a Monk Idealist. However, I was unable to check my graveyard at this time to see if there were any enchantments in it.
shteev

Postby noverb » 14 Aug 2015, 22:44

So I absolutely love Quest mode. Is it possible to make a Commander/EDH variant of Quest? It would be hard to assume it with a random pool of cards so you may have to start with a (random) precon. Thats probably the easy part. The harder part may be gathering a pool of decks of certain power levels to match the difficulty setting. It seems doable.
noverb

Postby Nordos » 15 Aug 2015, 16:39

Proliferating can become quite a pain. I thought about building a deck around charge counters, needless to say, it consists of a lot of proliferate (for example 4 Tides, etc.).

I end with having more then 8 permanents I want to target with proliferate and an average 4 of proliferate each turn. Since the targets can become quite hard to find (in case of -1/-1 counter, +1/+1 counter and charge counter you need to view the opponents line, your line and the artifact column) or hard to click (same artifacts with the same amount of counters stack).
In most cases, the opponent has no positive counters.

I would like to have a 'Select All' Button to automatically target each valid permanent.

(or something along the lines of, while nothing is selected, the OK Button becomes a 'Select All' Button, which would also help to reduce the accidentally skipped proliferates)
Nordos

Postby cannabination » 19 Aug 2015, 20:10

This may be possible already and I just can't figure out how to do it, but I'd really like a "custom" sort setting giving me the ability to drag and drop cards in the deck editor so I can pull individual cards out for comparison. Or just drag the ones I'm not currently interested in to an out of the way pile and let them sit. It's a minor thing, but I want for it regularly. Thanks, and great work!
cannabination

Postby shteev » 20 Aug 2015, 13:00

Could Carpet of Flowers please default to producing the maximum amount of mana that it could, rather than 0?
shteev

Postby magius74 » 21 Aug 2015, 07:23

I'm kinda reluctant to post in this thread because I don't know if these "features" might be buried somewhere in the options but I can not find them. I did not want to start a thread called "duh, I'm new" so I thought I might just post here and see if someone can tell me if these options are possible and if they are not the hey! Blamo! here they are to be added to the list of requests for the future.
To my credit I have looked all through the options and do not see these features currently implemented, so here goes;
1. It would be great to have options to auto sort cards in our hand, and a keyboard short cut to do so. Or at least a right mouse click menu option. It would be nice to have the option to sort by card type, so for example all lands are on one side of my hand all creatures on another. Or sort by mana cost or sort by color.
2. An option to change the Mulligan Rules. I can tell from reading the forums that there is an opinion that the default rules are fine because they are the "sanctioned" rules but it's not like there are other formats to play in right now it's not like there is a casual play option right now. Besides aren't the Mulligan rules about to change in real world magic anyway? I'm sure some people will not like these new rules and will want to keep the current ones. For me...I like the mulligan rules used in Duels of the Plainswalkers (first mulligan is free)
3. Would like to be able to change the win conditions. Right now it seems that you have to win 2 out of 3 games to actually win? Could we have an option to change this? Especially in quest mode? I don't always have the time to play 2 or 3 hands of magic, especially with "slow" decks.
4. Deck images. Right now for some reason when you sort through the "precon" decks there is a black box where it looks like an image should be. I'm talking about picking a deck for a constructed match. If you browse through the Preconstructed decks by default it shows them in "list view" but there is an option for "image view" but all you get are the black boxes. I have a bunch of images in my \Cache\pics\precons directory but they do not show up here.
Also on a side note where are these precon deck files stored? I would like to add more "official" precons to this group, like the Mirage decks, but the only place I see to save deck files is under \decks\constructed and that will just make them show up under "Custom User Decks". I would like all the "Official" WOTC decks under one group.

If I am being an idiot and not realizing that these "features" are already possible, please help me and straighten out my stupid brain. Thanks!
magius74

Postby shteev » 21 Aug 2015, 11:25

When you win a Draft Tournament in Quest Mode, and are awarded a bonus card, is there any chance the dialog box could tell you how many of each type of card you already own?
shteev

Postby friarsol » 21 Aug 2015, 13:00

magius74 wrote:2. An option to change the Mulligan Rules. I can tell from reading the forums that there is an opinion that the default rules are fine because they are the "sanctioned" rules but it's not like there are other formats to play in right now it's not like there is a casual play option right now. Besides aren't the Mulligan rules about to change in real world magic anyway? I'm sure some people will not like these new rules and will want to keep the current ones. For me...I like the mulligan rules used in Duels of the Plainswalkers (first mulligan is free)
2) "Vancouver Mulligan" is already in our codebase. It really isn't that much different than the current Mulliganing rules, and I doubt there will be that many people who think geting a Scry 1 when you mulligan will make the game worse. Too many games aren't interesting games when one player is forced to Mulligan (especially multiple times). In Quest Mode, you can buy an item that gives you a free first mulligan. I'm not sure what you mean by "casual play option". Forge is a rules enforcement engine, it... enforces the rules. People do a whole bunch of crazy things on their kitchen tables.

3) Match length option probably wouldn't be too hard to implement. I think there's a Quest item that already allows you to play best of 5 games, there probably could be one that allows best of 1 game. That said, I find games in Magic Origins take forever to complete a single game, where I can finish multiple matches in Forge in a similar same time. Maybe because I have to wait 10 seconds every. single. time. something happens. But in Forge I can skip phases, and pass priority quickly.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby magius74 » 21 Aug 2015, 18:57

Thanks for the reply friarsol.
I agree matches in Magic Origins Duels does take longer because of the wait times, but still enjoy it. Boy I can't wait until they make more cards available in that game. But they will never touch what has been done with Forge, just pure awesome!
magius74

Postby rundeer » 22 Aug 2015, 18:23

Any way to use a non-legendary creature as a commander in commander format? My group plays a pauper variant, where your commander is an uncommon, and the rest of the deck is made of commons. There's already an option to turn off "deck conformance" for regular play, and it would be neat if it extended to this as well.
rundeer

Postby Bonaparte » 24 Aug 2015, 13:36

Banichi wrote:I'm updating my Forge with higher res cards, 'Import Data' created a lot of folders that don't match the 3-letter codes in-game (ARN doesn't work, but newly created AN does, wtf?), and manually sorting through 14,000+ files to figure out whats there and what isn't (60 images in AN, 78 in ARN) is ****ing tedious.
I had a similar problem after downloading HQ pictures from a hyperlink suggested in another thread. Many directory names are mismatched and, in the end, I checked all the missing pictures manually through the deck editor. As a result I got the following directory names: 10E, 4E, 5E, 6E, 7E, 8E, 9E, A, AL, ALA, AN, AP, AQ, ARB, ARC, AVR, B, BNG, BOK, C13, C14, CFX, CH, CHK, CM1, CNS, COM, CS, DD2, DDC, DDD, DDE, DDF, DDG, DDH, DDI, DDJ, DDK, DDL, DDM, DDN, DDO, DGM, DIS, DK, DKA, DRB, DS, DTK, EVE, EVG, EX, FD, FE, FRF, FUT, FVE, FVL, FVR, GP, GTC, HL, HOP, IA, IN, ISD, JOU, JU, KTK, LE, LG, LRW, M10, M11, M12, M13, M14, M15, MBP, MBS, MI, MM, MM2, MMA, MOR, MR, NE, NPH, OD, ON, ORI, P2, P3, PC2, PD2, PD3/, PDS, PLC, PS, PT, PY, R, RAV, ROE, RTR, S2K, SC, SH, SHM, SOK, SOM, ST, TE, THS, TO, TPR, TSB, U, UD, UL, US, V12, V13, V14, VAN, VI, VMA, WL, WWK, ZEN.
Besides that, I had to rename all pictures to "*.full.jpg" because they wouldnt work with their original names, where "full" was replaced by something like "xlhq".
Moreover, after that, I still couldnt see pictures of some cards. Then, comparing the file names of those high quality pictures with the file names of the low quality ones I had downloaded previously, I noticed at least three different problems: 1) some of the pictures just needed to have the numeral 1 (or 2) added at the end of the file name; 2) cards like "Alive"/"Well" should be named like "AliveWell.full.jpg" and 3) cards like "Budoka Pupil"/"Ichiga, Who Topples Oaks" should be named after the first creature: "Budoka Pupil.full.jpg".
Just to make it clear, I just described how was my experience dealing with it. I dont claim to have deep knowledge about the software (since I actualy I have none) and some of the data above may be incorrect or incomplete.
Bonaparte

Postby lazylockie » 31 Aug 2015, 00:18

could you guys implement Horde mode?

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Horde_Magic

most of Horde rules are already implemented through card scripts. The Horde would need:

Fervor
All creatures attack this turn if able (Avatar of Slaughter or something)
Infinite mana (maybe Rooftop Storm or Edgewalker + Jet Medallion )
Zombie tokens could be Mindless Null except they draw a card when ETB
Crumbling Sanctuary

The Survivors would need
Time Stretch or something
Time Stop (if the Horde starts the game)
Timetwister (just the part where the player shuffles his hand into his library)

I could theoretically put all of those abilities on an Enchantment, but the problem is that I can't force the AI to cast ALL their stuff on Main Phase 1, to ensure they'll attack with everything. Instead of implementing all of this, would it be possible to somehow tell the AI to cast everything M1 on this game?
lazylockie

PreviousNext

Return to Forge