It is currently 02 May 2024, 15:16

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby SecretCaveman » 06 May 2014, 08:21

drdev wrote:
So in light of this, I went ahead and enhanced the Card Detail pane to show the Current Storm Count whenever a Storm card is viewed in it. This seemed the most obvious place to look for this information, and this way simply hovering over the storm card will allow easily seeing the storm count before playing the spell.

Will this work for everyone?
While this is a big improvement to the current situation, I'd like to be able to see the storm count even if I don't have a storm card in hand. (For example, I'm playing a storm deck and want to know if Diabolic Tutor for Tendrils of Agony will be lethal. I don't have the Tendrils in hand yet, still I need to know the storm count to make the right decision.)
So maybe re-adding it to the player panel would be better.
Or maybe it could be in both places, as your solution is probably the more intuitive place to look for it.
SecretCaveman

Postby Xyx » 06 May 2014, 09:00

That's a good point. Many storm decks run a bunch of tutors but only one storm finisher. Some don't even maindeck the finisher at all, depending on Burning Wish to grab it.
Xyx
Tester

Postby drdev » 06 May 2014, 12:36

Actually, given my other recent change to improve the "View Deck List" support, you can look up the storm easily prior to tutoring by simply viewing your deck list and hovering over the storm card you'd want to tutor for, like this:

StormForTutor.png

As the Players pane is not an intuitive place to find the Storm count, I'd rather not add it back there. Will the View Deck List workaround be ok for everyone? Besides, one could argue opening up your deck list prior to tutoring is an intuitive thing to do even when not playing a storm deck.
drdev
Programmer

Postby SecretCaveman » 06 May 2014, 17:20

Seems good to me :)
SecretCaveman

Postby fmartel » 13 May 2014, 00:56

KrazyTheFox wrote:Assuming you're talking about banding, the game handles it correctly. The player that controls the creature with banding chooses how damage is assigned, according to the following rule:
702.21j During the combat damage step, if an attacking creature is being blocked by a creature with banding, or by both a [quality] creature with “bands with other [quality]” and another [quality] creature, the defending player (rather than the active player) chooses how the attacking creature’s damage is assigned. That player can divide that creature’s combat damage as he or she chooses among any number of creatures blocking it. This is an exception to the procedure described in rule 510.1c.
Thanks !

on a different note any one experienced a loss of focus on the "Ok" button once in a while ? I got my "Action Screen" split up so I can have an easier access to to "Attack all" button. Does this has anything to do with the loss of focus ?
fmartel

Postby MC Brodie » 15 May 2014, 02:20

I have a request/suggestion. On the preferences screen, change the"pay for ante" checkbox to three radio buttons labeled "Never play for ante", "always play for ante" and "play for ante - quest world only", or something similar. When playing in the quest world I usually play for ante but when I play constructed or limited I have ante turned off. I often forget to change the settings when I switch game types. It would be nice if I could enable ante for the quest mode only.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

Postby antekm » 15 May 2014, 18:01

What would be great is autotarget when there's only one possible obligatory target (for example, "target opponent" in single player game)

I'm just playing some challenge against opponent with 400 life, and I activated Sanguine Bond and Exquisite Blood combo by gaining 2 life. It will be a lots of targeting now :)
antekm

Postby Nekoatl » 16 May 2014, 00:59

Currently, to check the identity of a face-down permanent, I hover the mouse cursor over that permanent, then carefully maneuver the cursor over to the bottom-right panel to click the big face-down card image (not sure what it's called, so I'll call it the card preview). This isn't so bad in a sparsely populated field, but trying to pick out a specific creature with Morph out of a field with a few dozen of them can take quite some time.

I think the easiest way to make this process painless would be to add a new hotkey (default 'M' perhaps?) that would flip the card preview for a face-down permanent you control under your mouse cursor. That way, we could quickly scan through all of them just clicking a keyboard key to check them instead of having to solve a mouse maze puzzle for each one.
Nekoatl

Postby Marek14 » 16 May 2014, 04:34

Nekoatl wrote:Currently, to check the identity of a face-down permanent, I hover the mouse cursor over that permanent, then carefully maneuver the cursor over to the bottom-right panel to click the big face-down card image (not sure what it's called, so I'll call it the card preview). This isn't so bad in a sparsely populated field, but trying to pick out a specific creature with Morph out of a field with a few dozen of them can take quite some time.

I think the easiest way to make this process painless would be to add a new hotkey (default 'M' perhaps?) that would flip the card preview for a face-down permanent you control under your mouse cursor. That way, we could quickly scan through all of them just clicking a keyboard key to check them instead of having to solve a mouse maze puzzle for each one.
Or even better, make face-up their default view, as long as you know their identity.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Nekoatl » 16 May 2014, 14:07

Marek14 wrote:Or even better, make face-up their default view, as long as you know their identity.
You're right, there's really no need to show the card back in the preview at all, since it would be visible on the field and the 2/2 creature stats would be visible in the card info at the top right of the screen. Good call.
Nekoatl

Postby fmartel » 16 May 2014, 23:47

Hi all, in quest mode would it be possible to choose the format preference you want to play against ? I'm getting tired of playaing against legacy/vintage oponents...
fmartel

Postby tooeasy1075 » 17 May 2014, 03:01

Request to please code Marath/Prossh even without the commander tax bonus (guessing that's the problem) for 1/99 and legacy/vintage. thanks
tooeasy1075

Postby Xyx » 18 May 2014, 21:52

tooeasy1075 wrote:Request to please code Marath/Prossh even without the commander tax bonus
If "half-baked" implementations are acceptable, please also half-bake Trait Doctoring for Standard Heroic shenanigans. In that deck it's just a blank with cipher anyway.
Xyx
Tester

Postby fmartel » 19 May 2014, 17:25

fmartel wrote:Hi all, in quest mode would it be possible to choose the format preference you want to play against ? I'm getting tired of playaing against legacy/vintage oponents...
Sorry I meant in Gauntlet mode
fmartel

Postby rigged » 22 May 2014, 03:54

is it possible to change the best of 3 to any other odd number?

If not could this option be added?
rigged

PreviousNext

Return to Forge