It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:43

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby KrazyTheFox » 23 Jul 2014, 21:44

Marek14 wrote:Would it be possible to not stack tokens with same name but different pictures? Currently, for example, two Wurm tokens from Wurmcoil Engine stack despite each being different.
I just committed a change that causes tokens with differing intrinsic keywords to not stack. This keeps the tokens that Wurmcoil Engine generates from stacking. Eldrazi Spawn tokens and other identical tokens (with differing art) will still stack as they do now.

I can also change this to not stack tokens that have differing keywords (as opposed to only those that have differing intrinsic keywords). Would anyone prefer this?
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Xitax » 23 Jul 2014, 23:55

No. That's just perfect.
Xitax

Postby lugaru » 30 Jul 2014, 18:09

Btw I love the visual stack that was added but have we considered the posibility of putting a card in the middle of the screen when it is played until you hit next, like many computerized card games do?

That would make keeping track of the action a little easier, and also easier to use counterspells and such.

Example: Murder pops up in the middle of the screen, with a targetting arrow pointed at my creature. This should allow me to cast a spell, or hit next and deal with it. Also it will be helpful if we eventually transition to multiple human players.
lugaru

Postby Scion of Darkness » 31 Jul 2014, 23:52

1+ for the middle screen card display

I would like to suggest for quick play without swapping cards and stuff, a quest mode with constructed decks, for example i made a vampire deck on constructed, and then like the normal quest jump from plane to plane fighting enemies without prizes and stuff, just senseless beatings and move forward ( i know on constructed i can beat all the opponents i want, but at least this gives me some purpose like conquering all the planes )
Scion of Darkness

Postby kestell » 03 Aug 2014, 09:02

deck test mode.

I've played the human vs human game, and it's just a bit too tedious with all the priority movement.

My suggestion is a deck test mode, where the AI plays the opposing deck, but with a revealed hand.

Add a backup button, where the human can backup the AI play when he made an obvious mistake. Also library tutoring must be implemented, because that is probably the one aspect where the AI is the hardest to code well.
kestell

Postby joeblow8579 » 06 Aug 2014, 21:50

I'm not sure if it's intentionally not there, but I'd like the ability to access the quest mode challenges directly, without having to beat 7 duels first.

The challenges are quite fun and in some cases very difficult, but it's annoying to have to go back and beat 7 lesser opponents every time. Then, once you get a new challenge, it isn't the one you want.

Perhaps it could be implemented as a purchasable item, or maybe once you beat a challenge you then get to load it up whenever you want.

After a certain point in quest mode, the regular duels cease to be much of a challenge, so it'd be nice to be able to go after the more difficult challenge opponents directly.
joeblow8579

Postby JuhoZero » 07 Aug 2014, 09:51

I like to build many decks in the quest mode (where you have to 'earn' the cards), but I don't like cluttering cards (Usually commons and that kind of arsenal, good for limited, but for constructed...)

It's not a big deal, usually I just sell cards I don't want after each win. But yesterday, when I played Alpha Tournament and won 300 something boosters, it kinda occurred me that "sell highlighted stack" button would be really cool (maybe not in terms of beauty, but in handiness).

It would also be nice way to reset ones card pool, while reaping the benefits from playing a quest.

Edit: And I just learned the wonders of Shift+Space.. I feel kinda smart =D>
JuhoZero

Postby lazylockie » 08 Aug 2014, 16:16

maybe add a config that changes the frequency of draft tournaments on quest mode, like the 'matches to unlock new set' config recently added.

there are plenty of times I keep playing just for the sake of playing. sometimes even losing on purpose to access new drafts faster.
lazylockie

Postby KrazyTheFox » 08 Aug 2014, 16:35

lazylockie wrote:maybe add a config that changes the frequency of draft tournaments on quest mode, like the 'matches to unlock new set' config recently added.

there are plenty of times I keep playing just for the sake of playing. sometimes even losing on purpose to access new drafts faster.
I can definitely add that. Tonight after FNM, probably. There will be two new options-how many wins to unlock a draft and how long they remain available.

Unless something's not working, losing matches will not unlock drafts faster. Only wins (should) count.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby lazylockie » 08 Aug 2014, 18:11

KrazyTheFox wrote:
lazylockie wrote:maybe add a config that changes the frequency of draft tournaments on quest mode, like the 'matches to unlock new set' config recently added.

I can definitely add that. Tonight after FNM, probably. There will be two new options-how many wins to unlock a draft and how long they remain available.

Unless something's not working, losing matches will not unlock drafts faster. Only wins (should) count.
thanks Krazy, I didn't know it was wins only.
lazylockie

Postby Fizanko » 08 Aug 2014, 19:34

About the random generated deck gametype in the Preconstructed Duel mode, could it be possible to set a filter so the random generation of the deck only use the sets you enable for it ?

I think it would be a great to play within specific sets&blocks when there's no quest world specific to them.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby hurloon » 12 Aug 2014, 01:05

lugaru wrote:Btw I love the visual stack that was added but have we considered the posibility of putting a card in the middle of the screen when it is played until you hit next, like many computerized card games do?

That would make keeping track of the action a little easier, and also easier to use counterspells and such.

Example: Murder pops up in the middle of the screen, with a targetting arrow pointed at my creature. This should allow me to cast a spell, or hit next and deal with it. Also it will be helpful if we eventually transition to multiple human players.
+1 also for me.

I was wondering if it's possible to add the quest's tournament (which is tons of fun!) also in the single player outside the quest, (exactly like the boosters draft but with the 'board')
hurloon

Postby timmermac » 13 Aug 2014, 07:54

Is it possible to have the ordering of cards won set as a preference instead of automatically going from rare to common? When I win a match, I'd like to see the commons first, then uncommons, then rares.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby bevryde » 14 Aug 2014, 03:42

Fizanko wrote:About the random generated deck gametype in the Preconstructed Duel mode, could it be possible to set a filter so the random generation of the deck only use the sets you enable for it ?

I think it would be a great to play within specific sets&blocks when there's no quest world specific to them.
I was about to ask for the same, for the PC and Android game.

Another idea is, to add a "Same deck as player X" preset. Lets say AI is player 1 and has a "random color deck" set; if player 2 now had "same deck as player 1" set, it would get exactly the same deck.
bevryde

Postby bevryde » 15 Aug 2014, 03:53

When it draws a card for the player, it could automatically show it in the card preview (without the need to hover over the card).
bevryde

PreviousNext

Return to Forge