It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 03:48

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby qwds30 » 23 Oct 2015, 13:18

I'm very interested in the Forge's quest mode and I have play it for a long time, the spell shop system is amazing when it first came to me since I can buy cards and booster packs to strengthen my deck. However, the cards that can be bought in the spell shop each time it refreshes are despairingly limited. Although buying booster packs is another solution, their prices is overwhelmingly high for the new player with few credits to afford. Even if I have enough funds to buy any single specific card,I have to buy a lot of booster packs or refresh the spell shop several times just for a few cards among them. In real life, with the help of online shopping, we are able to purchase most of the particular cards we need in our deck much more easier without worrying there is no one to trade such cards(Of course P9 or things like that are not taken into my consideration). The condition of lacking opportunnity to buy specific cards is even worse when I update my card prices because those powerful cards becomes much more expensive and once you fail to afford buying them when they appear on the spell shop, you have to wait for a long time until they appear in next time. :evil: Trust me, such randomness is not cool at all, it just simply drives people crazy.

To avoid such suffering, my suggestion is to change the form for selling cards in spell shop. Every time when player browse the spell shop, all cards in the starting pool are available for player to purchase, for example, if your sanctioned format of starting pool is standard, all the T2 cards are available for player to buy every time when they browse the spell shop. In order to keep buying booster packs or boxes attracting to players, the card price can be 1.5 or 2 times higher than their current prices so that making buying booster pack a potential way buy powerful cards much cheaper. As the cards pool of the player expands, the availble cards in spell shop expand in the same time.

In my opinion, such change won't cost a huge change in the current coding of Forge, but it can actually save a great deal of time for quest mode player to get the cards they need and have more time on playing the quest instead of endlessly repeatedly unpacking booster packs just for four same mythic rares. So please consider it, thanks. [-o<
qwds30

Postby timmermac » 24 Oct 2015, 05:30

There's already a way to do this. The quest preferences allow you to change how many cards are available for sale in the shop.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby aescula » 25 Oct 2015, 11:52

A feature I'd love to see is an option to balance the values of generated decks. I often use decks I've built in real life, and it sucks to say "Test it against a generated deck" and watch it get stomped by it using a dozen $200 cards. It already has a value included for every card!
aescula

Postby findingtyranny » 04 Nov 2015, 06:16

correioalternativo wrote:
shteev wrote:The mythic Need For Speed achievement is a Turn 0 kill. As far as I'm aware there *is* only 1 deck that kills on turn 0 (Flash Hulk). There's no skill involved then in assembling the deck *or* playing the game. So what's the point? Could this not be bumped up to a turn 1 or turn 2 kill?

An odd request, you might feel. But surely there are more people like me out there who want to see their own pet deck clear as many achievements as possible in Quest mode? You can leave the turn 0 kill as the constructed achievement, if it's being used as a way to show players that a turn 0 kill is possible.
Turn 0 kill is bizarre, I agree.

A question: any deck with Leyline of Anticipation + non-land mana sources + cruel combo + lucky hand does the job, doesn't?
Apparently not. Forge doesn't seem to process turn-zero kills for the achievement- I assembled the leyline of anticipation+black lotus+flash+protean hulk combo the first time I received priority and yet it still recognizes it as a turn-one kill. I may be posting this in the wrong place, but if Forge features this achievement could we maybe get it updated so that it works?
findingtyranny

Postby friarsol » 04 Nov 2015, 13:47

findingtyranny wrote:Apparently not. Forge doesn't seem to process turn-zero kills for the achievement- I assembled the leyline of anticipation+black lotus+flash+protean hulk combo the first time I received priority and yet it still recognizes it as a turn-one kill. I may be posting this in the wrong place, but if Forge features this achievement could we maybe get it updated so that it works?
Turn 0 kill worked fine for me when I did it. You have to do it during your opponents turn. If it's your turn, you get awarded a Turn 1 kill.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Jahill » 04 Nov 2015, 14:14

This has been suggested twice at least but I'd really like to replace counter buds with numerical ones. I think Magarena is a great example of managing its UI comfortably.

I mostly fail to notice the AI suspending cards from his hand, especially when passing priority untill end of turn. I hope you can make a special effect play at the casting player's exile icon whenever a card with suspend is exiled and another effect when a suspended card loses or gains a counter while in exile.

Spawnsire of Ulamog's casting ability makes it imperative to use a panel similar to "put those cards on top of your library in any order". The first time I used it I ended up holding enter for a while, casting the hundreds of eldrazis.
Jahill

Postby Phoenix » 04 Nov 2015, 14:44

shteev wrote:The mythic Need For Speed achievement is a Turn 0 kill. As far as I'm aware there *is* only 1 deck that kills on turn 0 (Flash Hulk). There's no skill involved then in assembling the deck *or* playing the game. So what's the point?
For me the point is to think about the game and possible combos for achieving this very specific goal.
IIRC my turn-0-win-deck doesn't work with Protean Hulk, so there is at least a second way to get the achievement.

And I remember how hard I searched the card lists for building up my "Win with no cards in hand, graveyard, battlefield and library". Building up this deck was real fun.

So the main point of these achievements is getting familiar with the variety of cards.
Phoenix

Postby lefty » 05 Nov 2015, 18:30

First off, this thing is amazing! I've been playing mostly on my android phone and some on my laptop... I am totally addicted.

Here's my feature request:

I've been running through quest mode for a while now. Something I'd love to see is an indication in the "spell shop" where when you go to buy a new card, it would tell you how many copies of that card you already own before you buy it. This would be very helpful if you've amassed a good number of cards and cant remember if you've already hit your 4x on something. Right now I haven't figured out a way other than manually searching my cards or scrolling through the huge master list to see how many copies I have. A "currently own" column would be fantastic and a huge time and "credit" saver!

Thanks so much for all your hard work with this app!
lefty

Postby friarsol » 05 Nov 2015, 21:34

lefty wrote:I've been running through quest mode for a while now. Something I'd love to see is an indication in the "spell shop" where when you go to buy a new card, it would tell you how many copies of that card you already own before you buy it. This would be very helpful if you've amassed a good number of cards and cant remember if you've already hit your 4x on something. Right now I haven't figured out a way other than manually searching my cards or scrolling through the huge master list to see how many copies I have. A "currently own" column would be fantastic and a huge time and "credit" saver!
We already have an owned column in the spell shop. If you don't see it, click on the wrench and it should open up which columns are available for you. I don't have my phone in front of me, so I'm not sure if things are different on the Android version. Maybe drdev can chime in.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby damicore » 06 Nov 2015, 05:27

Are there any news on the skipping of AI matches in quest drafts?
damicore

Postby Jahill » 08 Nov 2015, 10:51

Not strictly a feature request but the music and sound folders are taxing on each download and in my case I have to replace them on each update with the ones from DotP OST, would be nice to centralize these contents along card images, etc... or remove them altogether from upcoming updates and distribute them through other links.
Jahill

Postby serrasmurf » 25 Nov 2015, 13:27

Would Phantom drafts be viable for Quest drafts?

That would enable us to add various cool cube-draft-formats to the quest draft pool without ending up with a bunch of ridiculous cards. The card you pick after winning would of course be a card you do add to your card pool.

It might also be a solution to some 2 other issues:
-alpha/beta/arabian nights/Legends/Antiquities/portal 3 are too expensive to ever play (until you've played a ridiculous amount of matches or if you have very generous settings). This way you could play them (and the reward for winning still a real card, making these drafts a nice gamble).
- vintage masters: this costs only 1777 credits and makes you end up with half a vintage deck. not fun. same goes for modern masters. You could determine a proper entry price, but that would be skyhigh.

For these sets you might ultimately choose to offer both possibilities, because it is of course cool to have a real alpha draft available for 300.000 credits :D
serrasmurf

Postby serrasmurf » 25 Nov 2015, 13:42

And from Santa Claus I would like to get:
- sealed quest tournament (like quest draft)
- quest commander tournament
- quest protour/worlds tournament
- quest points/character development/ strategy layer/set of achievements as quest goals; anything that keeps a quest exciting and purposeful after 50 matches
:D
serrasmurf

Postby drdev » 25 Nov 2015, 14:15

serrasmurf wrote:And from Santa Claus I would like to get:
- quest points/character development/ strategy layer/set of achievements as quest goals; anything that keeps a quest exciting and purposeful after 50 matches
:D
Have you tried selecting Quest Mode in the combobox at the top of the Achievements screen? It keeps track of overall quest stats and certain achievements.
drdev
Programmer

Postby serrasmurf » 25 Nov 2015, 14:49

I did and I like it!
The one aspect I'm missing is a set of achievements that is doable and interesting for a quest of about 100-150 matches. Something like:
- when you start a new quest Forge creates the achievements you have to do to COMPLETE this forge quest
- these can be all/most of the current easy achievement levels, a handful of the medium/rare ones (randomly selected) and 1 or 2 randomly selected mythic achievements. and maybe 5 randomly chosen planeswalker ultimates. Challenging but doable.
- in addition i'd prefer to add some achievements that encourage you to explore and "complete" the various aspects of our quest world:
win at least 10 different quest draft tournaments.
Complete at least x challenges in every world.
Win against 10 different hard opponents.
Collect 100 different zombie creature cards
And the random combination of achievements in your quest hopefully encourages you to follow some strategy to make sure you can do them all timely (you can add various features that makes you fail the quest). And makes every new quest a different experience. And makes you make different choices in gameplay (which cards to buy, which decks to develop, which tournament to join) whcih is the purpose and fun of strategy. With the end goal to do this with the least amount of matches or the best record or something.

Or am i missing something?
serrasmurf

PreviousNext

Return to Forge