It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 08:30

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Agetian » 06 Sep 2014, 18:40

It would be a very nice addition to the current "Auto-Yield" functionality to have shortcut keys added for the auto-yield menu options and thus make this feature even speedier. For example, maybe the ‘Y’ key would do “check the ‘Always Yes’ box for current ability on top of stack” – then maybe ’N’ would do ‘Always No’ and ‘U’ would check ‘AUto-yield’ or something. Or other keys could be used if those are taken or if they should be harder to accidentally press (maybe a modifier key could be added).

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby lujo » 10 Sep 2014, 00:58

Not sure if this is already possible but could we get the following added to preferences somehow:

- A way to disable cartain draft tourneys from appearing (I personally don't much like drafting core sets)
- A way to have more than one draft tourney available at a time (so we don't get locked out by ludicrously exepensive to enter drafts of early sets)
- An option for starting the quest with no cards but a free-to-enter draft.
and in the quest mode deck builder (if this is the right thread)

- A way to "favourite" cards, as going through everything and selling what I want and keeping what I don't takes more time than playing. If we could just "favourite" cards, and then disable it as a filter to separate out main collection from random chaff which piles up it would help a ton.
- An option for selling "all copies of the selected card/s"
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby KrazyTheFox » 10 Sep 2014, 01:23

lujo wrote:An option for starting the quest with no cards but a free-to-enter draft.
This already exists. Create and do a regular draft outside of quest mode, then under "Starting Pool" on the new quest screen, select "My Draft Deck".

lujo wrote:A way to have more than one draft tourney available at a time (so we don't get locked out by ludicrously exepensive to enter drafts of early sets)
Drafts should rotate every 5 wins (after 15 total) by default. If they're not rotating then something's broken and I'll need to look at fixing it. You can customize the amount of time a draft is available and how often they're generated to get more or less drafts available at any given time.

lujo wrote:A way to disable cartain draft tourneys from appearing (I personally don't much like drafting core sets)
I'll add this to my to-do list, but I wouldn't expect it soon. I've been really busy lately and all my Forge dev time is going into figuring out how the rules engine works.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby lujo » 10 Sep 2014, 01:46

It's np, I'm just putting the obvious stuff out there for whenever anyone feels like doing it. Thanks for the first bit of advice, wasn't aware of it.

I've allready set my drafts to rotate (or appear?) on every win (so I can just win a match if I don't win a draft). But there's only ever one available at a time, so maybe I messed something up?
---

lujo

Postby Rooger » 11 Sep 2014, 06:43

It probably would involve a lot of coding and messing around but it would be nice to have a kind of "watchlist" in the quest spell shop. So when you want a specific card you just "star" it and when the said card is available in the shop you would get a warning on the duels/tournament/etc. windows. I dont know how you would request a card that isn't both on your and on shop's cards, maybe through the deck editor window where you have full access to all cards.
Anyway congratulations to everyone behind forge, it has become a really awesome piece of software and hope i made myself clear enough :)
Rooger

Postby lujo » 11 Sep 2014, 19:46

Would it be possible to redesign the sideboarding screen to be like the deck building screen? Because the current one is highly fiddly in draft mode because:

- You have large stacks of basic lands
- You don't see anything but the name of the card in the list
- You can accidentally hit space and sometimes this closes it

This is making sideboarding a huge enough pain in drafts that I'm simply not doing it - and this affects the whole experience as I might have a great card but be completely unaware of it, or I might be passing no-brainer sideboard picks which would never happen in certain formats (some are HUGE on sideboarding).
---

lujo

Postby drdev » 11 Sep 2014, 19:59

lujo wrote:Would it be possible to redesign the sideboarding screen to be like the deck building screen? Because the current one is highly fiddly in draft mode because:

- You have large stacks of basic lands
- You don't see anything but the name of the card in the list
- You can accidentally hit space and sometimes this closes it

This is making sideboarding a huge enough pain in drafts that I'm simply not doing it - and this affects the whole experience as I might have a great card but be completely unaware of it, or I might be passing no-brainer sideboard picks which would never happen in certain formats (some are HUGE on sideboarding).
I actually did this for the Android app already and it's on my TODO list for the desktop version.
drdev
Programmer

Postby lujo » 11 Sep 2014, 20:11

^ You guys are AWESOME. I hope I'm not boring you with all my reports and suggestions, but i've been playing MtG since... the start or not much later, and what you guys are doing is impossibly great.

Another idea - it would make life a lot easier if you could exchange reprints for the exact same cards from another set as long as the set is quest legal (and you can pay the difference). Having 1 off copies of cards makes browsing stuff a pain, and I'm often not aware of how many copies of something I have exactly.

EDIT: If you combine this with the option to favourite stuff in the quest mode deckbuilder to help tag stuff you don't want to sell but don't want to sift through every time, those would seriously shave time a players spends not doing anything useful.
---

lujo

Postby Marek14 » 14 Sep 2014, 04:19

Would it be possible to see which cards are discarded/milled/exiled from hand/library by opponent? Let's say I cast Mind Rot on opponent. He discards two cards, but then I have to dig in his graveyard to see what they were. Since I usually DO want to know what was discarded, I think it's reasonable to have a window pop up showing which cards were discarded.
Marek14
Tester

Win ratio of a deck

Postby darknesscrysis » 14 Sep 2014, 10:40

Hello, I wanted to compare which deck would be better of a few. For that I would have to play a lot of games with each deck against random decks and finally I could see the win ratio. But since I'm not able to play the quantity of games needed I remembered the auto games of Forge when you are drafting and had the idea that I'm going to propose.

Say I'm able to create a metagame in Forge. I load some decks and give a certain probability of appearance. Then Forge play with a deck against all the decks in the metagame 100 times and it gives the win ratio of the deck against each other deck and the overall win ratio (multiplying the probability of appearance of a certain deck with the probability of winning to it and adding all of them). If the decks are enough straightforward as the ones I want to try, the results given by Forge would be reliable and the better the AI becomes over time the more reliable the results will be.

Then would it be possible that forge plays two decks a lot of times really fast and say the results or gives the win ratio?
(If there is any writing mistake, say it to me by private and I edit the post)

Thank you
darknesscrysis

Postby Hanmac » 14 Sep 2014, 17:54

in Constructed, restriction of the Random generated Decks,
like if my Deck is ModernLegal i want to restict that the AI decks are ModernLegal too

add somehow the Twin-Head-Giant format where you can share the field with your TeamPlayer,
i wanted to test some TeamDesigned Decks ... one UW for life and one UB for death ;P
Hanmac

Postby Marek14 » 17 Sep 2014, 05:52

Could the Card information panel inform about card's controller and owner in cases when a permanent is controlled by non-owner? In many cases, this is clear, but there are cards, like Scrambleverse, where it would really help.
Marek14
Tester

Postby tasteful » 17 Sep 2014, 20:41

Rooger wrote:It probably would involve a lot of coding and messing around but it would be nice to have a kind of "watchlist" in the quest spell shop. So when you want a specific card you just "star" it and when the said card is available in the shop you would get a warning on the duels/tournament/etc. windows. I dont know how you would request a card that isn't both on your and on shop's cards, maybe through the deck editor window where you have full access to all cards.
Anyway congratulations to everyone behind forge, it has become a really awesome piece of software and hope i made myself clear enough :)
this is a real good idea
the thing is, there is a (currently rather useless / misleading) "see full catalog" button in the shop that would be perfect for this
tasteful

Postby Marek14 » 17 Sep 2014, 21:22

Seeing that we're once again going to Morph block, how about making face-down creatures easier to distinguish? The rules say that with multiple morphs the players must keep them so it's clear which is which.

One way to do it would be to put stickers on the card with a number showing the order of the morph. That way players wouldn't mixed them even after leaving the game and coming back and there would be no danger of getting them mixed up when cards move around the playfield.
As an aside, face-down cards still show their ID in Card Detail panel -- as they should be unknown, I'd suggest to either erase this, or replace it with the morph order, so they'd show as M1, M2, etc.

Second, if a player looks at a face-down creature for any reason, I'd allow him to view it again any time he wants. Technically, he should have access to this sort of information, and he's only limited by his own memory. Basically, face-down creatures would have a flag for each player whether he can see them or not, and once a flag is set to "true", it would be never set back.
So a player could see a face-down creature if anything of the following is true:
1. He controlled either the creature or the face-down spell on stack at some point.
2. He looked at the creature with something like Smoke Teller or Lens of Clarity.
3. The creature was turned face-down on the battlefield (for example by Ixidron) or entered the battlefield face-down from a public zone (for example Ashcloud Phoenix).
ESPECIALLY the reason number 3, since Ixidron can create a large number of face-down creatures which are all technically public information.
Marek14
Tester

Postby lujo » 18 Sep 2014, 16:46

An ability to filter only the foil cards in my collection in quest mode would be v nice, if it doesn't exist allready.
---

lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Forge