It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:59

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby LtEntropy » 21 Sep 2014, 18:50

Whenever I play my Nekusar deck, it's important that I'm able to organize triggers from cards such as Phyrexian Tyranny in such a way that the triggers that affect me resolve last whenever I cast a spell such as Wheel of Fortune.

The issue is that when I'm prompted to order the triggers, I can't tell which triggers will affect which players. Nekusar's triggers I can spot because they talk about opponents, but triggers from Phyrexian Tyranny and Spiteful Visions affect each player, and their triggers will read "Whenever a player draws a card, Spiteful Visions deals 1 damage to that player."

I'd prefer that triggers label players when mentioning them, even when its not targetted as in the case with Tyranny and Visions, like this: "Whenever a player (player_name) draws a card, Spiteful Visions deals 1 damage to that player (player_name)."
LtEntropy

Postby Corwin72 » 26 Sep 2014, 15:35

I would really like for a log to be generated when the download LQ Set Pictures button is pushed. I would like for the log to tell me what cards were skipped and what the files destination would be.

This would help with identifying what pics need to be added manually or if the links are wrong.
Corwin72

Postby Yosituna » 29 Sep 2014, 12:16

Would it be possible to get some of the more niche sets that are currently not included (Masters' Editions and promo/FNM/Game Day/etc.) added? I'd like to add some of those cards to decks. Images for all of them exist on MTGImage, too.
Yosituna

Re: Feature Requests Thread - Quests

Postby jureidinim » 29 Sep 2014, 14:37

I was wondering - if its something that could be doable.
For quests - could a new format be done? Say you win a certain amount of matches in each world (maybe decided when the quest is created). At end of each world, and winning a challenge, you gain an "ally".
At the end of the last world, you and your allies face off against a "Boss" in an ARCHENEMY matchup with you and your allies being the hero team. The allies and Archenemy decks would be randomly generated or an option to pick a specific deck.
jureidinim

Postby lazylockie » 01 Oct 2014, 18:37

jureidinim wrote:I was wondering - if its something that could be doable.
For quests - could a new format be done? Say you win a certain amount of matches in each world (maybe decided when the quest is created). At end of each world, and winning a challenge, you gain an "ally".
At the end of the last world, you and your allies face off against a "Boss" in an ARCHENEMY matchup with you and your allies being the hero team. The allies and Archenemy decks would be randomly generated or an option to pick a specific deck.
this is interesting, could add a new dynamic to quest mode. It raises a question though: will your ally use your own decks or their own predefined decks? AI decks are a bit more tuned in terms of artificial intelligence itself, but it opens for some busted stuff like having Darrin Stephens and Dino as your allies.
lazylockie

Postby ChronoJack » 01 Oct 2014, 21:19

lazylockie wrote:
this is interesting, could add a new dynamic to quest mode. It raises a question though: will your ally use your own decks or their own predefined decks? AI decks are a bit more tuned in terms of artificial intelligence itself, but it opens for some busted stuff like having Darrin Stephens and Dino as your allies.
I like the idea but you also do raise a point in this
ChronoJack

Postby gecktrix » 01 Oct 2014, 22:37

Never mind. .. see my question already on the to do list
Last edited by gecktrix on 01 Oct 2014, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.
gecktrix

Postby jureidinim » 01 Oct 2014, 22:50

lazylockie wrote:
They already have the ability to set the deck for AI (random or specific) in Constructed mode. I would think it could be incorporated easily if this format was done.
For a "balanced" fight, then yes, I guess the quest designer would set the decks used by Allies and Archenemy (just as it is now in regular questing) - but they could just give the option for the player to choose a deck or make it random.
Even a random setting could be "restricted" to a certain set - maybe using the same restrictions set when the player started the quest.

Basically I was hoping to incorporate the other modes into the questing so its just not the same "duel.. duel.. duel..". PlanesChase mode is another that I think could be incorporated - make it a PlanesChase matchup when you are trying to travel between worlds.. Lose the match and you still travel but maybe lose a random card or two..
jureidinim

Postby Phoenix » 02 Oct 2014, 12:44

What I'm always looking for:
In the Spell Shop list I can see how many cards of a special set I already own. But this number only refers to the number of different cards.

Is it possible to add a percentage of how far am I collecting every single card 4x and every single land 50x (since there is the limit of "Sell all extras")?
Phoenix

Postby Yosituna » 02 Oct 2014, 18:31

When playing Faces of the Past, currently the trigger doesn't say which creature's death it is responding to; it would be helpful if it did, if only to know whether at any given point I'm selecting my Zombies or my opponent's Archers to tap/untap.
Yosituna

Postby Marek14 » 04 Oct 2014, 10:07

With the "Download LQ pictures" option, could there be a separate option to check just the tokens?

Yosituna: Basically, the triggers should display all relevant information. Ideal would be to display just the information that are required to understand the trigger (for Faces of the Past it's important to know which creature triggered it, not so for Soul Warden), but it would be probably easier to just display all relevant data: the originating card and context information for the trigger -- for entering the battlefield which permanent entered, for casting a spell which spell was cast, for blocking which creature blocked which...
This would of course also require some way to read long lines, longer than fit in the sorting window. Maybe showing them as a multi-line popup when lingering with mouse on the line?

EDIT: Another option for triggers is to display not the whole triggered ability but only the result. For example:

Glint-Eye Nephilim says: "Whenever Glint-Eye Nephilim deals combat damage to a player, draw that many cards." The trigger would display as "Glint-Eye Nephilim (ID): Draw <number> cards." Checking the card would show you why exactly it triggered, and the number of cards to draw is fixed on the trigger.

Delayed trigger of Pure Intentions says: "Whenever a spell or ability an opponent controls causes you to discard cards this turn, return those cards from your graveyard to your hand." This trigger would display as "Pure Intentions (ID): Return <list of cards> from your graveyard to your hand."

Basalt Golem says: "Whenever Basalt Golem becomes blocked by a creature, that creature's controller sacrifices it at end of combat. If the player does, he or she puts a 0/2 colorless Wall artifact creature token with defender onto the battlefield." The trigger would display as "Basalt Golem (ID): <creature>'s controller sacrifices it at end of combat. If the player does, he or she puts a 0/2 colorless Wall artifact creature token with defender onto the battlefield." and the delayed trigger would display as "Basalt Golem (ID): <creature>'s controller sacrifices it. If the player does, he or she puts a 0/2 colorless Wall artifact creature token with defender onto the battlefield."

This might be the user-friendliest way to display these things.
Marek14
Tester

Postby lujo » 06 Oct 2014, 01:51

I'd love a few options (came to my mind many times, I just remembered to write them down now)

1) A way to pick starting lands when going on a quest. It's very annoying to have 3 Forests 7 Forests 5 Forests 5 Forests from one set, and then whenever you get new forests keep accumulating random piles of them.

Every time I go on a quest I basically start a quest, save the deck, edit it to only inlcude a batch of 20 of identical basic lands each, and then reload the quest with that as my starting pool. There really ought to be a neater way to do this.

2) The ability to "trade in" cards which have reprints in other sets. Wouldn't mind if you could pay the difference or earn the difference in value. (So you can have IDK 4 Dark Ritual instead of 1 Dark Ritual 1 Dark Ritual 1 Dark Ritual...)

Both of these aren't cosmetic at all - it saves browsing time, and it saves sideboarding time not to mention that it makes it easier to tell if you have more copies of something than you need.

As for Draft:

- Having the ability to "hide" individual cards in your pool, would be invaluable. I can barely keep track of the number of playables I have the way it is now. It can probably be done simply if the draft interface had a sideboard section and if you could send cards you have drafted to the sideboard straight from it.
Last edited by lujo on 06 Oct 2014, 09:14, edited 1 time in total.
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby drdev » 06 Oct 2014, 03:48

lujo wrote:As for Draft:

- Having the ability to "hide" individual cards in your pool, would be invaluable. I can barely keep track of the number of playables I have the way it is now. It can probably be done simply if the draft interface had a sideboard section and if you could send cards you have drafted to the sideboard straight from it.
I implemented something like that for the Android app, as it allows you to choose whether to add a card to your main deck or your sideboard at the time of picking it, as well as allowing you to build the deck as you draft instead of having to wait until the end. Would something similar for the desktop version meet your desires?

Note that I can't promise any kind of timeline here, as I already have a lot on my plate, but your input will help guide me when I do have time later. Despite my focus on the Android app these last several months, that doesn't mean I don't want to continue to improve the user experience for the desktop version as well.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Vecc » 06 Oct 2014, 04:28

Hello, tireless devs and players.

First, as usual, I'd like to thank & congratulate everyone on still having Forge going & growing strong. I know it takes a lot of dedication, and I guess recognition is never enough.

On to my suggestion: I've been having more fun than ever playing Quest Mode, and it's definitely gotten a lot better with time. I think the most interesting aspect of it right now, for me, is the Tournament mode -- and I'm glad it started out with Limited, which wasn't a part of Quest Mode 'til then. Now that this Tournament mode is very successfully implemented, I'd like to suggest that it is expanded to Constructed formats, with a similar rewards system.

Having Constructed tournaments in Quest Mode would be an interesting way to encourage playing with different decks. Formats could include Standard, Modern, Extended, Vintage, Pauper (commons-only), Block Constructed, Fantasy Block (players pick 3 sets that may be from different blocks and can only build decks with cards from those sets), Old Standard (tournaments with cards limited to cards that were once part of a past Standard format) and so on. Maybe there could even be mixed-format tournament, much like Pro Tours. (and maybe an actual Forge Pro Tour? Who knows)

I realize there would be significant maintenance problems that are not an issue with Limited tournaments; for example, you'd have to keep a database of decks from which the AI opponents could pick for each specific format, and that can get huge if enough formats are adopted. However, I think it's still worth to keep it in mind. Forge has already gone much farther and gotten much deeper than I thought it ever would, so there's that.

Again, just to reiterate, I know how far-fetched / problematic / time-consuming this can be. I just wanted to leave the idea floating and one day, maybe, who knows... :)
Vecc

Postby lujo » 06 Oct 2014, 09:20

drdev wrote:
lujo wrote:I implemented something like that for the Android app, as it allows you to choose whether to add a card to your main deck or your sideboard at the time of picking it, as well as allowing you to build the deck as you draft instead of having to wait until the end. Would something similar for the desktop version meet your desires?
Well, that does sound like it. It's kinda standard in MTGO. If "build the deck as you draft" means the deck panel during the draft is the same as the deck construction one so that you can use the drop down menu on individual cards to send them to the sideboard, so the are out of view (and access the sideboard if you want to return them) than that is it.
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Forge