It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:59

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Fizanko » 20 Aug 2014, 19:37

Hello, when building Innistrad i'm now faced with the bane of the deck builders : the "AI can't play well" list when starting a duel with the AI being assigned a deck i built. Meaning that while the AI can play those cards, it will not really play it smartly.

What makes it very difficult to improve a deck for AI use is that in the deck editor there does not seem to be a way to see which cards are on the "AI can't play well" list.

So what i suggest is a way to see which cards are on the AI problem list, or if there's difficulty with that, at least a filter that enabled would filter out such card.
This would help a very lot i think when making decks AI compatible
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby drdev » 20 Aug 2014, 19:50

Fizanko wrote:Hello, when building Innistrad i'm now faced with the bane of the deck builders : the "AI can't play well" list when starting a duel with the AI being assigned a deck i built. Meaning that while the AI can play those cards, it will not really play it smartly.

What makes it very difficult to improve a deck for AI use is that in the deck editor there does not seem to be a way to see which cards are on the "AI can't play well" list.

So what i suggest is a way to see which cards are on the AI problem list, or if there's difficulty with that, at least a filter that enabled would filter out such card.
This would help a very lot i think when making decks AI compatible
If you're referring to the desktop version, there should be an AI column you can opt to show by clicking the Wrench button above the list and checking the AI checkbox on the options panel that appears.

For the mobile version, there's currently no way to see this information during deck building at this time, but I could look into adding a way.
drdev
Programmer

Postby Fizanko » 20 Aug 2014, 19:59

Thank you, never thought of using the wrench as i had the images available and there were no ai filter there.
This should help a bit :)
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Army of Allah » 28 Aug 2014, 00:28

Hello, my request is about Card Art for the Desktop Version. Many of the flavourfull cards like Brainstorm, Tarmogoyf and Birds of Paradise have been reprinted many times in different MTG sets. However, in the Deck editor it seems to be difficult to switch between the different card arts. The only way i found was to filter for the set you want and then look for the card. It would be nice to have an easier way to compare the different arts and pick the one you like best.
Army of Allah

Postby drdev » 28 Aug 2014, 01:44

Army of Allah wrote:Hello, my request is about Card Art for the Desktop Version. Many of the flavourfull cards like Brainstorm, Tarmogoyf and Birds of Paradise have been reprinted many times in different MTG sets. However, in the Deck editor it seems to be difficult to switch between the different card arts. The only way i found was to filter for the set you want and then look for the card. It would be nice to have an easier way to compare the different arts and pick the one you like best.
Have you tried turning off unique cards only under the wrench button?
drdev
Programmer

Postby Rooger » 28 Aug 2014, 03:07

I don't know if it's possible but, in the Deck Editor screen, the change section button could be replaced by a dropdown menu or maybe a set of icons with the various sections, this way it would be easier to navigate through them.
Sorry if this has already been requested.
Rooger

Postby jmlima » 28 Aug 2014, 10:47

It would be great to have a 'quick tournament' mode. Select x number of decks and play against one of them at a time, with a final ranking by wins.
jmlima

Postby friarsol » 28 Aug 2014, 12:05

jmlima wrote:It would be great to have a 'quick tournament' mode. Select x number of decks and play against one of them at a time, with a final ranking by wins.
Sounds like our gauntlet mode.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby jmlima » 28 Aug 2014, 12:38

friarsol wrote:
jmlima wrote:It would be great to have a 'quick tournament' mode. Select x number of decks and play against one of them at a time, with a final ranking by wins.
Sounds like our gauntlet mode.
Am I right in saying that in gaunlet mode you are out on the first loss?

If so, its different since you would get to play all games irrespective of being 1-7 or 8-0.
jmlima

Postby friarsol » 28 Aug 2014, 13:51

So you just want an option to not get kicked out of the Gauntlet when you lose?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby jmlima » 28 Aug 2014, 14:08

friarsol wrote:So you just want an option to not get kicked out of the Gauntlet when you lose?
In rough terms, yes, something that would allow you to play all the games, so that you could reach the end and see if you go 7-1, 6-2,1-7, etc.

Kind of like a tournament.
jmlima

Postby friarsol » 28 Aug 2014, 14:38

jmlima wrote:Kind of like a tournament.
Well, the reason I was clarifying is there are a bunch of different ways tournaments can be run. Like for example, inside Forge Quest, there's a "Booster Tournament" which is a single elimination bracket. What you are describing is more akin to our Gauntlet mode, since the other decks aren't actually playing each other during the "tournament" (they only play you). This would be most similar to a round-robin tournament. Then there's also "Swiss" tournaments, which when I think of Magic tournaments this is what I think of. Not only do other players play each other, you are more likely to be paired with someone who has a similar record than you do. Typically Swiss tournaments are set for X amount of rounds (depends on the player count), and the Top Y players move onto a single elimination bracket to finish the tournament.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby jmlima » 28 Aug 2014, 15:09

friarsol wrote:... Then there's also "Swiss" tournaments, which when I think of Magic tournaments this is what I think of. Not only do other players play each other, you are more likely to be paired with someone who has a similar record than you do. Typically Swiss tournaments are set for X amount of rounds (depends on the player count), and the Top Y players move onto a single elimination bracket to finish the tournament.
That's the one!!!!! Bingo. :D
jmlima

Postby 1224Deko » 30 Aug 2014, 13:26

I'm looking forward to see any tournament mode like 'gauntlet mode' in Forge.. I know it is probably impossible but I would be very happy if I would saw something like image below.

tournament.jpg

Another thing - i was thinking about static(?) ability icons(like flying, double-strike etc.) visible on creature cards in battlefield like in DOPT game. This effect could be on/off in preferences.
Below image presents few variants when it could be displayed. Sample icon was of course made in half-minute.

I can not program in java but if someone would be interested, can give me a list of abilities then I could try to create those icons.

Images_MTG.jpg
1224Deko

Postby jmlima » 30 Aug 2014, 15:01

1224Deko wrote:I'm looking forward to see any tournament mode like 'gauntlet mode' in Forge.. I know it is probably impossible but I would be very happy if I would saw something like image below.

tournament.jpg

Glad to see I'm not alone in wanting swiss tournaments!!! :D
jmlima

PreviousNext

Return to Forge