It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:31

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Chakan » 20 Mar 2016, 01:57

In quest mode, would it be possible to add more planes you can travel to and face decks from particular sets? Would love to go to Kamigawa for instance, that way it'd be easier to get cards from that set. Wouldn't mind to see Theros and other planes like that as well. If the problem is decks, I can help convert some precon decks.
Chakan

Postby friarsol » 20 Mar 2016, 12:56

Chakan wrote:In quest mode, would it be possible to add more planes you can travel to and face decks from particular sets? Would love to go to Kamigawa for instance, that way it'd be easier to get cards from that set. Wouldn't mind to see Theros and other planes like that as well. If the problem is decks, I can help convert some precon decks.
Have you seen this thead?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17936&p=189597
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Chakan » 20 Mar 2016, 18:28

I haven't, friarsol. Thanks for the link. :)

Looks like that link for the Kamigawa world is Ravnica instead though. Bummer. Guess I'll try my hand at making my own world. Nevermind, found it by crawling around the forum a bit.
Chakan

Postby pancirno » 24 Mar 2016, 18:05

It would be useful if there was an option to import the decks from the ongoing game into the deck editor. This way you could save an interesting random deck to fix it into proper one or check what kind of deck the online opponent has (and to save it later for yourself).
pancirno

Postby vinnie » 04 Apr 2016, 17:55

For the quest mode, in the list of duels, could be always added alternative of less difficulty?
I think it is useful to balance the difficulty of the game, a thing that happened to me is to travel in another world with expert ai already unlocked and fail to win any game (and then fail to modify the deck with the cards in set of this new world).

To balance this addition you could proceed as follows:
1) Add only one alternative for each ai difficulty level preceding the currently reached, example table:
Code: Select all
easy ai:   only 3_easy duels avaible
medium ai: 3_medium and 1_easy
hard ai:   3_hard, 1_medium, 1_easy
exper ai:  3_exp, 1_hard, 1_medium, 1_easy
a simpler solution is to always show one alternative for each ai difficulty, but in this manner there would not be difficulties unlocking (honestly I would prefer this solution, more simple, fewer setup and more liberty to choose duel difficulty at any times).

2) to balance the rewards at different difficulties it could be use modifiable factors in quest preference, for example, if the base winnings is set to 100, the easy ai factor might be set to 1x (always 100 for each win), for medium 2x (200 for each win), for hard 3x (300) and expert 5x (500).
vinnie

Postby timmermac » 04 Apr 2016, 19:33

vinnie wrote:For the quest mode, in the list of duels, could be always added alternative of less difficulty?
I think it is useful to balance the difficulty of the game, a thing that happened to me is to travel in another world with expert ai already unlocked and fail to win any game (and then fail to modify the deck with the cards in set of this new world).

To balance this addition you could proceed as follows:
1) Add only one alternative for each ai difficulty level preceding the currently reached, example table:
Code: Select all
easy ai:   only 3_easy duels avaible
medium ai: 3_medium and 1_easy
hard ai:   3_hard, 1_medium, 1_easy
exper ai:  3_exp, 1_hard, 1_medium, 1_easy
a simpler solution is to always show one alternative for each ai difficulty, but in this manner there would not be difficulties unlocking (honestly I would prefer this solution, more simple, fewer setup and more liberty to choose duel difficulty at any times).

2) to balance the rewards at different difficulties it could be use modifiable factors in quest preference, for example, if the base winnings is set to 100, the easy ai factor might be set to 1x (always 100 for each win), for medium 2x (200 for each win), for hard 3x (300) and expert 5x (500).
It's possible to edit quest.preferences using a text editor to change the rate at which you gain levels and face harder opponents. I'll edit this with the appropriate values in a moment...

Edit: The fields you'll want to change are WINS_RANKUP_EASY/MEDIUM/HARD/EXPERT, depending on your difficulty level and WINS_MEDIUMAI, WINS_HARDAI and WINS_EXPERTAI, again for the difficulty level you're using, so _EASY/MEDIUM/HARD/EXPERT.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby vinnie » 05 Apr 2016, 18:42

It's possible to edit quest.preferences using a text editor to change the rate at which you gain levels and face harder opponents. I'll edit this with the appropriate values in a moment.
This options is also present in the gui of forge in the "difficult adjustment" section of "quest preference".

Edit: The fields you'll want to change are WINS_RANKUP_EASY/MEDIUM/HARD/EXPERT, depending on your difficulty level
It seemed to me that this setting serves only to advance items in the bazaar

and WINS_MEDIUMAI, WINS_HARDAI and WINS_EXPERTAI, again for the difficulty level you're using, so _EASY/MEDIUM/HARD/EXPERT.
The problem would remain, this only slows the transition to a new ai difficulty while I would love to be able to choose at any time the level of combat, to vary gradually the level of challenge if in a world I find too much trouble.
Basically, instead of restricting the type of encounter, I would change the value of the reward.

[OFF TOPIC ON] I like to imagine that one day the quest mode will become a kind of multiplayer shandalar with pg and npg [OFF TOPIC OFF]
vinnie

Postby Vulgard » 11 Apr 2016, 10:41

I have a request - please include promo arts in the LQ card pictures(I play on an Android phone, idk about the other versions). Some of those arts are magnificent and a thousand times better than the regular ones.
Vulgard

Postby Xyx » 11 Apr 2016, 17:30

Some small UI requests:

A "+ Add card" button in the deck editor (next to the "- Remove card", "- Remove 4 of card" and "Add basic lands" buttons). Currently, if I wish to tweak the numbers of a card in Image View, I need to either switch to List View or locate the card in the Card Catalog.

Persistent custom filters. If I remove the color filter in the deck browser, it's back next time I load Forge. If I add a custom folder filter, it's gone next time I load Forge. Same with custom set filters in the Card Catalog.

The player deck selection buttons and the deck browser aren't properly synched. I need to click the AI deck button twice to enter AI deck selection mode. The first time I click the button, the deck browser will jump around but remains in player deck selection mode.
Xyx
Tester

Postby VileTouch » 24 Apr 2016, 21:45

My request is both very simple to implement and makes a big difference in HDD usage:

make the card pictures folder a single zip (doesn't even need to be compressed...not that it would help either as jpg files are already compressed)

with 28k+ files less than 100kb each, the size on disk (with cluster size of 512kb) is several times the size which becomes a problem with solid state drives.

the required classes to read directly from a zip are already there (the cardsfolder is already a zip)so it should'nt be a problem
Last edited by VileTouch on 25 Apr 2016, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
"He traded sand for skins, skins for gold, gold for life. In the end, he traded life for sand." - Afari, Tales
VileTouch

Postby horseoftroy » 25 Apr 2016, 16:26

What vinnie says is exactly that problem what I face

The Quest Mode is insane difficult and I can't win easily

So please make those options :

- Ability to set any credits value

- Ability to set RANK INCREASE to 0 for people to need to avoid higher difficulties

- Lower difficulties available at higher difficulties

Thanks for the great Forge
horseoftroy

Postby timmermac » 25 Apr 2016, 19:50

horseoftroy wrote:What vinnie says is exactly that problem what I face

The Quest Mode is insane difficult and I can't win easily

So please make those options :

- Ability to set any credits value

- Ability to set RANK INCREASE to 0 for people to need to avoid higher difficulties

- Lower difficulties available at higher difficulties

Thanks for the great Forge
You can set starting credits to up to 999999999 by editing quest.preferences in a text editor.

You can set rank increase to higher amounts to give yourself more time to build a better deck.

You can also increase the number of wins necessary to increase AI difficulty.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby vinnie » 23 May 2016, 12:35

timmermac wrote:
horseoftroy wrote:- Lower difficulties available at higher difficulties
You can also increase the number of wins necessary to increase AI difficulty.
the problem does not lie in how long it takes to increase the difficulty, but in the fact that once you have increased your level of difficulty, you cannot dispute match less competitive.

The only way is to temporarily increase the number of wins needed over current winnings obtained to decrease the contemporary difficult level, but this is a cumbersome and ugly thing :P
vinnie

Postby Marek14 » 27 May 2016, 15:16

I was wondering about how to further improve token images. Currently, each card can use several tokens, but there's no way to tie a token to a specific version of a card. But the game can find the "era" of the deck (earliest set when it can be played), to supply appropriate images, so could there be a way to use that?

Token image command could have range parameter consisting of two set codes; if the "era" of the deck falls in-between, then that Alt image is used, otherwise it's ignored.

I should also mention the bug in the era system: if the deck's era is Time Spiral, cards reprinted in the Timeshifted subset appear with old pictures. I think the TSB set is written as following Time Spiral; it should precede it for better effect.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Hanmac » 27 May 2016, 16:14

Marek14: i like your idea, also because for older cards, when they are reprinted, the token image is still the old one.

in most/all cases when a card gets printed, it does get a new token image too.

i think the best way would be have TokenImage be better auto generated with adding the set name into the image name if possible. (maybe with fallback)

that might not work for all cases like when some keywords should be part of the name like with infect. (maybe some white list)
Hanmac

PreviousNext

Return to Forge