It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 07:29

Text Size

When will workshop mode work?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

When will workshop mode work?

Postby LtEntropy » 11 Sep 2014, 03:52

I'm very interested in seeing Workshop mode work on Forge. I have a couple friends who design cards using Magic Set Editor 2, yet playing with their cards as designed is not entirely available to them. I've made ways of short-cutting the process of importing cards from MSE into Cockatrice, but it's cumbersome.

Being able to change cards scripts, import new cards, and learn from how other cards are scripted would make for a fun hobby.

The issue I'm having (running 1.5.25) is that when I go to Workshop's tab, and select a card, nothing appears in the script box. It's been like this for quite some time, and feels like wasted space, honestly. It'd be great to have a working script editor.
LtEntropy

Re: When will workshop mode work?

Postby drdev » 11 Sep 2014, 15:08

LtEntropy wrote:I'm very interested in seeing Workshop mode work on Forge. I have a couple friends who design cards using Magic Set Editor 2, yet playing with their cards as designed is not entirely available to them. I've made ways of short-cutting the process of importing cards from MSE into Cockatrice, but it's cumbersome.

Being able to change cards scripts, import new cards, and learn from how other cards are scripted would make for a fun hobby.

The issue I'm having (running 1.5.25) is that when I go to Workshop's tab, and select a card, nothing appears in the script box. It's been like this for quite some time, and feels like wasted space, honestly. It'd be great to have a working script editor.
Odd, I thought I fixed that bug already. I'll look into it.

As for adding support for scripting custom cards, that's something I had planned for before getting sidetracked by the Android app project. Hopefully I can circle back to it at some point in the near future. If not, maybe another developer can take a stab at it.
drdev
Programmer

Re: When will workshop mode work?

Postby pufthemajicdragon » 17 Jan 2015, 06:22

drdev wrote:Odd, I thought I fixed that bug already. I'll look into it.

As for adding support for scripting custom cards, that's something I had planned for before getting sidetracked by the Android app project. Hopefully I can circle back to it at some point in the near future. If not, maybe another developer can take a stab at it.
So I just ran the latest build, 1.5.32, and this issue still exists. However, if I go into "\forge-gui-desktop-1.5.32\res\cardsfolder\" and unzip the cardsfolder.zip into that folder, so I have "\forge-gui-desktop-1.5.32\res\cardsfolder\a" etc., The script text shows up fine in the workshop. Seems the workshop is looking for the card files on disk instead of the extracted card files in memory. (Keep in mind I don't know the first thing about Forge's code, so read that with a grain of salt.)

Still don't know exactly how to get the "Card Designer" to work, but I can edit scripts for all of the cards now.
pufthemajicdragon

Return to Forge