It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:32

Text Size

missing card

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

missing card

Postby leeterryjr » 04 Oct 2014, 01:00

Forge seems to be missing a card that is needed in my humility token deck called Arboria. Its a 4 cost (2 green 2 colorless) world enchantment that says "If a player does not cast a spell or put a card into play on his or her turn, no creatures may attack that player until after his or her next turn." I am unable to find a replacement for it and have no clue how to add it to the game myself.
leeterryjr

Re: missing card

Postby friarsol » 04 Oct 2014, 03:25

Forge doesn't work like Cockatrice, we have to code out every card that appears in Forge (yes all 14000+). Right now we have less than 200 cards remaining, which is pretty damn good (even better than MTGO). Arboria is a tricky one, since it relies on tracking game history throughout multiple turns, which we don't really have a way to do right now. We'll get to all the cards when we get to them, but in general the really old cards that haven't been coded out yet, will probably be some that take the longest for Forge to implement.

Don't worry, we're well aware of what cards aren't currently available, and what category each of them fit into.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby hurloon » 23 Oct 2014, 14:44

I would like to report that also Divine Deflection is missing, i think it's quite an easy one, doesn't it?
hurloon

Postby Marek14 » 23 Oct 2014, 20:55

hurloon wrote:I would like to report that also Divine Deflection is missing, i think it's quite an easy one, doesn't it?
Hm, it's quite similar to implemented cards like Sacred Boon. Off my head, I'd say that the hardest part of this card is that it prevents specified amount of damage to "to you and/or permanents you control". Proper implementation would require you to be able to choose exactly which points of damage to prevent in case there's more than X, and I think this is what Forge currently lacks.

In other words, Divine Deflection might actually need complete reworking of how damage prevention is handled.
Marek14
Tester

Return to Forge