It is currently 10 May 2024, 14:07

Text Size

Custom Card Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Custom Card Thread

Postby edessa » 07 Apr 2016, 16:03

I modified a little, what do you think now?
Attachments
Brutality.full.jpg
edessa

Postby Athanasios » 07 Apr 2016, 18:31

Been mulling over this one for a while:

If an opponent would lose exactly 1 life, he or she loses 2 life instead.

I can't for the life of me figure out to make it react to _exactly 1 life_ - Looking at a bunch of the other cards that use "exactly", I can't seem to properly translate that into this effect. Anyone more savvy than me willing to lend a hand?
Athanasios

Postby friarsol » 07 Apr 2016, 19:19

Athanasios wrote:Been mulling over this one for a while:

I can't for the life of me figure out to make it react to _exactly 1 life_ - Looking at a bunch of the other cards that use "exactly", I can't seem to properly translate that into this effect. Anyone more savvy than me willing to lend a hand?
Forethought Amulet has a similar ability, but only works for damage dealt, not life lost. I don't think we even have a replacement for life lost.

The code would look something like this:

Code: Select all
R:Event$ DamageDone | ActiveZones$ Battlefield | ValidSource$ Card | ValidTarget$ Player.Opponent | DamageAmount$ EQ1 | ReplaceWith$ Dmg2 | Description$ If a source would deal exactly 1 damage to an opponent, it deals 2 damage to that player instead.
SVar:Dmg2:AB$DealDamage | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ ReplacedTarget | DamageSource$ ReplacedSource | NumDmg$ 2
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Athanasios » 07 Apr 2016, 19:27

friarsol wrote:
Athanasios wrote:Been mulling over this one for a while:

Forethought Amulet has a similar ability, but only works for damage dealt, not life lost. I don't think we even have a replacement for life lost.

The code would look something like this:

R:Event$ DamageDone | ActiveZones$ Battlefield | ValidSource$ Card | ValidTarget$ Player.Opponent | DamageAmount$ EQ1 | ReplaceWith$ Dmg2 | Description$ If a source would deal exactly 1 damage to an opponent, it deals 2 damage to that player instead.
SVar:Dmg2:AB$DealDamage | Cost$ 0 | Defined$ ReplacedTarget | DamageSource$ ReplacedSource | NumDmg$ 2
Thanks!
It _almost_ works - It works with 1-power creatures and spells that deals 1 damage, but it doesn't work when I use Death Cultist's sac-ability.
I don't believe loss of life currently exists as a replacement effect - At least my (albeit poorly informed) attempts at doing so just makes the game crash whenever I hover over the card.

I would assume the current issue is that loss of life is not damage, but I don't know how to change it from damage to lifeloss without making it a triggered effect rather than a replacement effect, in which case it starts comboing with itself, haha.
Athanasios

Postby friarsol » 07 Apr 2016, 19:41

Athanasios wrote:Thanks!
It _almost_ works - It works with 1-power creatures and spells that deals 1 damage, but it doesn't work when I use Death Cultist's sac-ability.
I don't believe loss of life currently exists as a replacement effect - At least my (albeit poorly informed) attempts at doing so just makes the game crash whenever I hover over the card.

I would assume the current issue is that loss of life is not damage, but I don't know how to change it from damage to lifeloss without making it a triggered effect rather than a replacement effect, in which case it starts comboing with itself, haha.
Yea that's pretty much as expected. Damage causes loss of life, but not all loss of life is damage (like your Cultist example).
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Athanasios » 07 Apr 2016, 19:53

friarsol wrote:
Athanasios wrote:Thanks!

Yea that's pretty much as expected. Damage causes loss of life, but not all loss of life is damage (like your Cultist example).
I assume from this that there's no way to do the actual life loss trigger as a replacement effect right now, then?
Athanasios

Postby correioalternativo » 07 Apr 2016, 21:49

edessa wrote:Hi, I've been busy with real life so I had little time to work on Tribes of Arden 4. But it's finished. I will post the Spoilers 20 by 20, I will wait your suggestions before scripting. It may take me a while to upload the set cause real life work demands my attention. Thanks anyway for your help.
Aryana, Lakefolk Queen: nice ability.
Armoured Ogre: good idea, it has potential.
Ancient Ruins: great. Suggestion: for combo, make a creature "Whenever power or toughness of this creature changes, you may tap or untap target permanent".
Death's Treasure and Concentrate Energy: if they cost {X} {X} , they should be stronger.
Brutality: change the first option to "Brutality deals 4 damage to each opponent".
correioalternativo

Postby edessa » 08 Apr 2016, 05:05

Thanks, suggestions noted. The next 20 cards.
Attachments
Grudge Growl.full.jpg
Forgotten Orb.full.jpg
Focus Anger.full.jpg
Explosive Barrel.full.jpg
Energy Unleashed.full.jpg
Emerald Tower.full.jpg
Eliminate Survivors.full.jpg
Elementalist Staff.full.jpg
Elder Warmonk.full.jpg
Deruan the Unforgiven.full.jpg
edessa

Postby edessa » 08 Apr 2016, 05:08

Waiting your opinions. Thanks.
Attachments
Lake Stronghold.full.jpg
Lake Stilness.full.jpg
Lake Maiden.full.jpg
Lake Crown.full.jpg
Jungle Tracker.full.jpg
Jungle Shambler.full.jpg
Jungle Shaman.full.jpg
Ice Forge.full.jpg
Honor Vow.full.jpg
Heartless.full.jpg
edessa

Postby Athanasios » 08 Apr 2016, 19:01

Been messing around with Ajani Steadfast's ultimate, trying to make it into a conditional enchantment, so far with little luck and a lot of crashes - Anyone who can chip in on how to script this effect:

If a source would deal damage 5 or more to you or a creature you control, prevent all but 1 of that damage.

Been trying to modify the Ajani Steadfast effect, but it won't really work - Keeps crashing - Probably did a bad copy or the Planeswalker -> Enchantment ability thing doesn't work as I expected it to
S:Mode$ Continuous | Affected$ Creature.Human+attacking+YouCtrl | AddPower$ 1 | AddToughness 1 | Description$ Attacking humans you control get +1/+1.
R:Event$ DamageDone | ValidSource$ Card | ValidTarget$ You | ReplacementEffects$ RCombatDamage,RNonCombatDamage | SVars$ DBCombatDmg,DBNonCombatDmg | Stackable$ False | AILogic$ Always | ActiveZones$ Battlefield | Description$ If a source would deal 5 or more damage to you or a creature you control, prevent all but 1 of that damage.
SVar:RCombatDamage:Event$ DamageDone | ValidTarget$ You,Creature.YouCtrl | ReplaceWith$ DBCombatDmg | PreventionEffect$ True | IsCombat$ True | Description$ If a source would deal 5 or more damage to you or a creature you control, prevent all but 1 of that damage.
SVar:DBCombatDmg:DB$ DealDamage | Defined$ ReplacedTarget | DamageSource$ ReplacedSource | CombatDamage$ True | NumDmg$ 1
SVar:RNonCombatDamage:Event$ DamageDone | ValidTarget$ You,Creature.YouCtrl | ReplaceWith$ DBNonCombatDmg | PreventionEffect$ True | IsCombat$ False | Description$ If a source would deal 5 or more damage to you or a creature you control, prevent all but 1 of that damage.
SVar:DBNonCombatDmg:DB$ DealDamage | Defined$ ReplacedTarget | DamageSource$ ReplacedSource | NumDmg$ 1
Athanasios

Postby friarsol » 08 Apr 2016, 19:27

Athanasios wrote:Been messing around with Ajani Steadfast's ultimate, trying to make it into a conditional enchantment, so far with little luck and a lot of crashes - Anyone who can chip in on how to script this effect:

If a source would deal damage 5 or more to you or a creature you control, prevent all but 1 of that damage.

Been trying to modify the Ajani Steadfast effect, but it won't really work - Keeps crashing - Probably did a bad copy or the Planeswalker -> Enchantment ability thing doesn't work as I expected it to
Wouldn't Divine Presence be a better template? It's basically the same exact thing except it reduces 4+ damage to 3, and it effects all creatures/players.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Athanasios » 08 Apr 2016, 20:18

friarsol wrote:Wouldn't Divine Presence be a better template? It's basically the same exact thing except it reduces 4+ damage to 3, and it effects all creatures/players.
You are absolutely correct - Made it work in less than 10 minutes ._.

Thanks - I should've been more thorough in my search for a template, it appears
Athanasios

Postby correioalternativo » 08 Apr 2016, 20:41

edessa wrote:Thanks, suggestions noted. The next 20 cards.
Emerald Tower: interesting.
Elementalist Staff: very goody… maybe dangerous. Should be rare.
Honor Vow: you wrote 2+/2.
Heartless: add "or target player".
correioalternativo

Postby edessa » 09 Apr 2016, 01:17

Thanks, suggestions and corrections noted. Here are the next 20 cards for today.
Attachments
Negation Rite.full.jpg
Mystic Temple.full.jpg
Malevolency.full.jpg
Leonin Temple.full.jpg
Learning New Ways.full.jpg
Last Hunt.full.jpg
Lake Vigilant.full.jpg
Lakefolk Paladin.full.jpg
Lakefolk Musician.full.jpg
Lake Warlord.full.jpg
edessa

Postby edessa » 09 Apr 2016, 01:22

As always your opinions are useful. Thanks to all.
Attachments
Regeneration Runes.full.jpg
Regenerating Balm.full.jpg
Rage Impulse.full.jpg
Rage Fists.full.jpg
Pride Warleader.full.jpg
Potence Crystal.full.jpg
Perdition.full.jpg
Orc Trackers.full.jpg
Orc Outpost.full.jpg
Orc Explorer.full.jpg
edessa