It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:35

Text Size

Forge Beta: 11-28-2014 ver 1.5.31

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Beta: 11-28-2014 ver 1.5.31

Postby schnautzr » 04 Jan 2015, 00:16

muppet wrote:when using convoke on Chord of Calling, I was tapping green creatures and selecting green when it asked what I wanted and it was paying the colorless not the green.
I have a similar problem with white creatures on Seraph of the Masses. I tried {T} Midnight Guard and Soldier tokens and selected {W} but got {1} instead.

It seems the situation is complicated...here is my scenario:

In play:
Sunblade Elf, Elvish Mystic, Midnight Guard, 2 white 1/1 Soldier tokens, 2 Forest, 1 Plains.
When convoking Seraph of the Masses, {T} white creatures produce {1} until all colorless is paid for, and then {W} can be produced. However, I don't have enough creatures to do it that way. Even though I have enough to pay for it, it can't be played. However, Siege Wurm functions properly in this scenario-- green creatures can be {T} just fine for {G}.
schnautzr

Postby Xitax » 04 Jan 2015, 01:48

.Ashling the Pilgrim only does one damage when counters are removed. Probably a card script problem, but I don't know how to fix it.
Xitax

Postby RandomPerson » 05 Jan 2015, 11:03

When playing spells from the library with Melek, Izzet Paragon, the card underneath the spell being played is revealed before you finish casting the card. This is wrong; the card doesn't move to the stack until after targets are declared and costs are paid, and in some cases this can be exploited (e.g. casting Predict and checking what the card that would be milled is).
RandomPerson

Postby Marek14 » 05 Jan 2015, 11:28

RandomPerson wrote:When playing spells from the library with Melek, Izzet Paragon, the card underneath the spell being played is revealed before you finish casting the card. This is wrong; the card doesn't move to the stack until after targets are declared and costs are paid, and in some cases this can be exploited (e.g. casting Predict and checking what the card that would be milled is).
While you're not entirely correct (moving card to stack is actually the FIRST step of casting a spell, not the last), what you're describing is an improper implementation of the rule 401.6.

401.6. Some effects tell a player to play with the top card of his or her library revealed, or say that a player may look at the top card of his or her library. If the top card of the player’s library changes while a spell is being cast, the new top card won’t be revealed and can’t be looked at until the spell becomes cast (see rule 601.2h). The same is true with relation to an ability being activated.
Marek14
Tester

Postby janickna42 » 05 Jan 2015, 15:20

Hi there,

I recently got back into magic after an extremely long hiatus and used Forge to catch up on all that I missed. I'm not sure if this is the place to post, but I have noticed a few cards that don't play the way I think they should play. I mention them because they've prevented me from playtesting a few decks to their optimum/fairly.

Opal Palace: The +1/+1 counters stay on in the command zone and sometimes upon the second time the ability, the counters are added exponentially. Suddenly, my commander is way to large for its own good.

Phyrexian ingester: Doesn't forget previous imprints when leaving the battlefield, specifically when blinked by Brago's ability. Brago's ability wreaks havoc on the program already which is perfectly understandable given the broken nature of the card, but programming substacks into your code is too much to ask. At any rate, the Ingester gets too large, too quickly. Chances are if I have Brago and the Ingester and the right board state, I'd win anyway, but since I'm pointing stuff out, I figure I may as well add this one.

Lastly, Marchesa: Her second "recursion" ability is extremely buggy. Creatures that die are supposed to be returned to her player's control, but they are instead brought back to their owner's control. Also, she should return from the graveyard if she has a +1/+1 counter, but the program seems to ignore the effect once she is in the limbo between battlefield and graveyard.

Lastly, lastly, just remembered that Scrap Mastery is also buggy. Artifacts come back from the graveyard, but existing artifacts aren't sacrificed. I'm not sure if this same problem exists with Living Death, but if it doesn't, I imagine the coding of that card would solve the problem.

Thanks for all your hard work.
janickna42

Postby Marek14 » 05 Jan 2015, 16:54

Seeing that (IIRC) I coded Scrap Mastery by editing the code of Living Death, it seems that the problem would be there as well.

EDIT: Code of Devouring Greed and Devouring Rage might need a reworking to account for the possibility of Artificial Evolution (i.e. that the creature type you count on resolution might be different than the one you sacrificed on casting).

Regarding the code of Archangel of Strife (looked at it to see if I could learn how to write the Siege cycle): What will happen if Archangel of Strife phases out and in? The effects should stop working while it's phased out, but the same effects should resume once it phases in.
Marek14
Tester

Postby Decallion » 05 Jan 2015, 20:32

There is an error in general with the blocking system. Apparently creatures that have "summoning sickness" cannot block. However in Duels of the Planeswalkers for example, it specifies that even if a creature has summoning sickness it can still block?? I am confused, can you please fix this? Thank you! And thumbs up for all the hard work xD I am getting so thrashed by the AI xD I am just beginner :) :D
Decallion

Postby Decallion » 05 Jan 2015, 21:00

Also theres problem with Manabond. The description on the card doesn't match the one that is put as the description... I think it matches another card's, so can you check that?
Decallion

Postby friarsol » 05 Jan 2015, 21:06

Decallion wrote:There is an error in general with the blocking system. Apparently creatures that have "summoning sickness" cannot block. However in Duels of the Planeswalkers for example, it specifies that even if a creature has summoning sickness it can still block?? I am confused, can you please fix this? Thank you! And thumbs up for all the hard work xD I am getting so thrashed by the AI xD I am just beginner :) :D
I've never had that problem and definitely block with summoning sick creatures all the time. Maybe the creature you are trying to block is somehow unblockable for a different reason? (Please check out the link in my signature for more info)
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby leshrac » 06 Jan 2015, 04:09

Phasing is (still? i have seen 1 or 2 reports for earlier versions) completely broken. I just played my 3rd Mirage draft in quest mode, the following observations:

1. Sometimes, when a card should phase out, instead almost all (1 land remains) permanents of its controller just disappear (there is no phased out symbol, they just aren't visible anymore). They become visible again, when their controller plays a land. At least the human player can not interact with these permanents, the AI can - at least sometimes, not entirely sure about that. I have seen AI vs AI duels, where one AI player with invisible permanents attacked and the other blocked. I was attacked by invisible permanents myself and couldn't block much (i could block the first preselected creature, but could not change the target, because i couldn't see it). But i also have attacked for lethal damage into invisible creatures and wasn't blocked.
2. Sometimes, when a player controls a creature with phasing, all their permanents get hexproof? I had two games, where my opponent had Crystal Golem (and one more creature with phasing among others without phasing) and i could at no point target any creature he controled, which ultimately cost me the match.
leshrac

Postby csniea » 06 Jan 2015, 06:07

Bug Report

Description: Playing 1v1 commander game. On my turn, I had only a Shimmering Grotto on the field and I played Rith's Grove, which states that I have to return a non-lair land to my hand. I select Shimmering Grotto as the target. It returns to my hand, Rith's Grove enters play, and the error message pops up.

NullPointerException | Open
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    1.5.31-r28300Mu (mixed revisions detected; please update from the root directory)
Operating System: Windows 8.1 6.3 x86
Java Version:     1.7.0_67 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.gui.CardDetailPanel.setCard(CardDetailPanel.java:181)
   at forge.screens.match.controllers.CDetail.showCard(CDetail.java:53)
   at forge.screens.match.CMatchUI.setCard(CMatchUI.java:232)
   at forge.screens.match.CMatchUI.setCard(CMatchUI.java:227)
   at forge.view.arcane.CardPanelContainer$3.mouseMoved(CardPanelContainer.java:216)
   at java.awt.Component.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseMotionEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
csniea

Postby VladVoivode » 06 Jan 2015, 12:16

friarsol wrote:
Decallion wrote:There is an error in general with the blocking system. Apparently creatures that have "summoning sickness" cannot block. However in Duels of the Planeswalkers for example, it specifies that even if a creature has summoning sickness it can still block?? I am confused, can you please fix this? Thank you! And thumbs up for all the hard work xD I am getting so thrashed by the AI xD I am just beginner :) :D
I've never had that problem and definitely block with summoning sick creatures all the time. Maybe the creature you are trying to block is somehow unblockable for a different reason? (Please check out the link in my signature for more info)
I second this. Friarsol is right that creatures with summoning sickness can and do block. In fact, they block in the four big ones I play on this forum: Forge, Manalink 3.0, BotArena, and Magarena. What you can do to confirm this is first play a deck built around unblockable creatures then play one without them. You'll see the difference immediately.

Best,
Vlad
VladVoivode

Postby Decallion » 15 Jan 2015, 07:03

Not sure if you have seen my previous post? Anywway creatures with summoning sickness can't block even though they should be able to. Thanks.
Decallion

Postby friarsol » 15 Jan 2015, 13:18

Decallion wrote:Not sure if you have seen my previous post? Anywway creatures with summoning sickness can't block even though they should be able to. Thanks.
I responded to it 10 days ago and you never provided more information.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby TalpanianEmperor » 24 Jan 2015, 11:10

I have Wall of Nets in hand and another in Deck, the ability is being put on the stack 4 times each combat (even my first turn when I didn't have anything apart from a land). It's not interfering with the game so much as it is my patience.
Attachments
Board State.png
"Each year that passes rings you inwardly with memory and might. Wield your heart, and the world will tremble."
-- Doran, The Siege Tower.
TalpanianEmperor

PreviousNext

Return to Forge