It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:41

Text Size

help me make my own janked version of Karador?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

help me make my own janked version of Karador?

Postby TalVerd » 22 Feb 2015, 17:15

hello, so my favorite theme of magic is graveyard recursion and I love commander, so of course I would love to have Karador, Ghost Chieftain in the game. obviously he is hard to implement properly which is why he hasn't been put in yet, but I just couldn't take it any longer, especially because Karador was the first commander I ever theory crafted for, and I really want to play vs the AI with him. this is also my first "custom" card I'm trying to create for Forge, so obviously I'm not totally sure what I'm doing.

now the reason that I'm pretty sure I coded him wrong is because when i try to start up forge it gets stuck at "Loading Cards from Archive 100% ETA00:00:01" and never gets to "loading decks" and when I take out janked Karador, it works just fine, if this is indicative of something wrong with how I put it into the directory (\res\cardsfolder\cardsfolder.zip\k\ and I used 7zip to put it into the archive) rather than the coding of the card itself, please let me know.

his first cost reduction ability is basically exactly like Ghoultree so I copy,pasted that over.
as for the second ability, the way I am janking it is so that it will basically be:
[activated ability, 0 mana cost] "until end of turn you may cast target creature card from your graveyard (basically exactly like the first half of Havengul Lich's ability), activate this ability only as a sorcery and only once per turn"

here's what I have so far (also, I named him "Karador, Ghost Chieftain, not" just so I remember he is a janked version):
| Open
Name:Karador, Ghost Chieftain, notManaCost:5 B G WTypes:Creature Centaur SpiritPT:3/4S:Mode$ ReduceCost | ValidCard$ Card.Self | Type$ Spell | Amount$ X | EffectZone$ All | Description$ CARDNAME costs {1} less to cast for each creature card in your graveyard.A:AB$ Pump | Cost$ 0 | ValidTgts$ Creature | TgtZone$ Graveyard | TgtPrompt$ Select target creature card |
PumpZone$ Graveyard | SorcerySpeed$ True | ActivationLimit$ 1 | SpellDescription$ You may cast target creature card in a graveyard this turn, only as sorcery, only once per turn.SVar:X:Count$TypeInYourYard.CreatureSVar |
PumpYour:DB$ PumpSVar:Picture:http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/general/karador_ghost_chieftain.jpgOracle:Karador, Ghost Chieftain costs {1} less to cast for each creature in your graveyard.\n {0}, you may cast target creature card in your graveyard, activate this ability only as a sorcery and only once per turn.

again, first time trying to make a "custom" card, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

P.S. shoot, just saw the "custom cards" thread. though not sure if this would belong in there since it's not a finished card, but if it does belong in there, please move it if you can.
TalVerd

Return to Forge