It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:57

Text Size

Forge Beta: 3-27-2015 ver 1.5.38

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Beta: 3-27-2015 ver 1.5.38

Postby AwxAngel » 29 Apr 2015, 08:09

Easily repeatable bug.

When using Tortured Existence multiple times in the same turn, sometimes a tapped land will untap despite actually being used.

1. Activate Tortured Existence, target, paying mana and discarding a creature card.

2. Activate Tortured Existence again, but cancel before targeting. A land untaps that was used for the previous Tortured Existence activation.
AwxAngel

Postby 1224Deko » 29 Apr 2015, 11:05

famotril wrote:I have a doubt that I would like you solve me.
I created a pair of decks to play with, but I do not know how to use them in single player, I only can select and play with them in quest mode.
How can play with my built decks in single player?
Thanks
I understand you created decks in quest mode and want export/move them to constructed.

1. Open your quest deck - select all cards(ctr+a) and copy them (ctrl+c)
2. Open main Deck Editor(not in quest mode) and press "import" button then paste your cards(ctrl+V). Press Import Deck.
3. Save your deck.

Or just chose "Print as HTML" in quest deck editor, then open html and copy cardlist from this file.

To make sure where your deck should be saved go to Game Setting -> Preferences -> Open User Directory -> Folder Decks -> Constructed - put your decks here.
Then in single player just select "Custom User Decks"

Sorry for bad english.
1224Deko

Postby Salasnet » 29 Apr 2015, 18:48

I have found a bug in the Vanguard card list in the deck editor. I noticed that some of the Vanguard avatars were showing as duplicate in the deck editor, and the art was not being found (even though I know for a fact that I have the correct art in the VAN folder of my cards folder.)

After looking at the Vanguard.txt file in the "editions" folder in the "res" folder, I noticed that there were two entries for each of the affected avatars.

Once I removed the duplicates from the Vanguard.txt file, everything was working again in the deck editor and all Vanguard avatars could now be selected.

I am attaching the corrected Vanguard.txt file to this message for inclusion in the next beta.
Attachments
Vanguard.txt
(2.45 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Salasnet

Postby Salasnet » 29 Apr 2015, 18:51

The Vanguard.txt file fix, however, does nothing for the main Vanguard problem, which is the fact that Vanguard is not working from the Home screen. When you select the Vanguard checkbox and then click on "Select a Vanguard Avatar"... nothing happens, as there is no list of Avatars on the right side.
Salasnet

Postby Knight Of Freyalise » 30 Apr 2015, 02:35

Having major problem with Forge, which sucks because I love this program. Anytime I click on 'Play' to start a duel, whether sealed deck, draft, or quest mode, I get a Null Pointer Exception message and when I click continue, I get another Null Pointer Exception that is slightly different. Right now I really can't do anything on Forge. Should I delete and re-download the program or is there a fix I don't know about? Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
2015-04-29-00.txt
(3.04 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
"Yawgmoth," Freyalise whispered as she set the bomb, "now you will pay for your treachery."
Knight Of Freyalise

Postby GrovyleXShinyCelebi » 30 Apr 2015, 03:37

Knight Of Freyalise wrote:Having major problem with Forge, which sucks because I love this program. Anytime I click on 'Play' to start a duel, whether sealed deck, draft, or quest mode, I get a Null Pointer Exception message and when I click continue, I get another Null Pointer Exception that is slightly different. Right now I really can't do anything on Forge. Should I delete and re-download the program or is there a fix I don't know about? Any help would be appreciated.
I did a glance of the source code where that exception occured (but I'm by no means an expert at Forge development), and the null pointer points to a bug in either the command dock (that panel with the icons like "Concede", "End Turn", "View Decklist", etc. that is usually next to your prompt panel), or the configuration of your targeting arcs (you can set targeting arcs to always off, on when you mouse over the card, or always on).

Did you try going to "Preferences" and pressing "Reset Match Layout"? That might fix the glitch with the command dock. If that doesn't work you could try "Reset to Default Settings" on the same menu, though this will set all preferences to their default settings.
GrovyleXShinyCelebi

Postby KrazyTheFox » 30 Apr 2015, 03:47

For those of you that have recently experienced corrupted quest saves, I've added a simple backup system to Forge this evening. It won't save your old saves, but it will now keep a single backup of each quest save in the same quest data folder. If a save fails for any reason, you can rename the backup to restore a recent version of your quest.
Last edited by KrazyTheFox on 30 Apr 2015, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Knight Of Freyalise » 30 Apr 2015, 03:58

GrovyleXShinyCelebi wrote:
Knight Of Freyalise wrote:Having major problem with Forge, which sucks because I love this program. Anytime I click on 'Play' to start a duel, whether sealed deck, draft, or quest mode, I get a Null Pointer Exception message and when I click continue, I get another Null Pointer Exception that is slightly different. Right now I really can't do anything on Forge. Should I delete and re-download the program or is there a fix I don't know about? Any help would be appreciated.
I did a glance of the source code where that exception occured (but I'm by no means an expert at Forge development), and the null pointer points to a bug in either the command dock (that panel with the icons like "Concede", "End Turn", "View Decklist", etc. that is usually next to your prompt panel), or the configuration of your targeting arcs (you can set targeting arcs to always off, on when you mouse over the card, or always on).

Did you try going to "Preferences" and pressing "Reset Match Layout"? That might fix the glitch with the command dock. If that doesn't work you could try "Reset to Default Settings" on the same menu, though this will set all preferences to their default settings.
It worked! Thank you very much Grovy!! =D>
"Yawgmoth," Freyalise whispered as she set the bomb, "now you will pay for your treachery."
Knight Of Freyalise

Postby demeitri1 » 02 May 2015, 01:51

the AI doesnt play the "Ponder" spell... i created a deck and each time i thought seize him he has the ponder sitting in his hand after several turns..
demeitri1

Postby KrazyTheFox » 03 May 2015, 01:39

The latest snapshot contains some major changes to the way your quest starting pools are generated. The changes.txt file inside your download will have more information, but you should be sure to change your Color Bias preference in your quest preferences, lest you see some weird results.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby bevryde » 04 May 2015, 06:47

Hey Krazy, thank you for the update.
I am using http://www.krazyweb.net/forge/forge-gui ... 40.tar.bz2
If I create a custom Gauntlet and if I add Random Deck opponents from "Random Decks", this happens: I click the right arrow multiple times and what it does is, it adds Decks of all types (random user, random color), not only of the selected type. Also sometimes empty lines appear, I think those are working random decks with no name.

May I ask for improvements?

1. I think an option would be nice, where the card preview only refreshes on card click. Because depending on your screen layout, sometimes it is almost impossible to move the mouse to somewhere else, without having the card preview refreshing. And often I want to see another card, but due to necessary mouse movement and hovering over some other card, it changes...
So I personally would rather like to single click the card in order to refresh the preview pane.

2. More functionality for the full preview screen (the card preview with the grey background). E.g. I wish we could scroll through all cards on hand. Maybe with arrow left/right. Arrow Up = play (depending on context) and arrow down/escape = back to prior window.

3. I think the card background could be even darker. More focus on the card beauty.

4. Also an auto resize (option) would be nice. i.e. in the full view, it would resize the card to full screen dimensions.

5. Can you do something about font sizes? I know this is often a problem, but with increasing resolutions fonts are small. E.g. the card description font. I'm on a Lenovo W500 Notebook with 1920x1200, and fonts are already rather small. And afaik nowadays resolutions are often beyond the 2000 mark...

Thanks
bevryde

Postby Xyx » 04 May 2015, 18:26

Syphon Mind seems to have some problems in multiplayer. I cast it and only one of my three opponents (who all had cards in hand) actually discarded a card (and so I only got to draw one card myself).
Xyx
Tester

Postby Xyx » 04 May 2015, 18:36

End of a multiplayer game:

"Player, you lost the last game.

Would you like to start this game?"

All buttons are disabled. Gotta close the game tab.
Xyx
Tester

Postby Xitax » 05 May 2015, 01:13

bevryde wrote:May I ask for improvements?

1. I think an option would be nice, where the card preview only refreshes on card click. Because depending on your screen layout, sometimes it is almost impossible to move the mouse to somewhere else, without having the card preview refreshing. And often I want to see another card, but due to necessary mouse movement and hovering over some other card, it changes...
So I personally would rather like to single click the card in order to refresh the preview pane.

2. More functionality for the full preview screen (the card preview with the grey background). E.g. I wish we could scroll through all cards on hand. Maybe with arrow left/right. Arrow Up = play (depending on context) and arrow down/escape = back to prior window.

3. I think the card background could be even darker. More focus on the card beauty.

4. Also an auto resize (option) would be nice. i.e. in the full view, it would resize the card to full screen dimensions.

5. Can you do something about font sizes? I know this is often a problem, but with increasing resolutions fonts are small. E.g. the card description font. I'm on a Lenovo W500 Notebook with 1920x1200, and fonts are already rather small. And afaik nowadays resolutions are often beyond the 2000 mark...

Thanks
Sorry, I disagree strongly with all of these except #5.

The fonts on the icons panel underneath the avatars can be brutally small.
Xitax

Postby slo-moe » 05 May 2015, 01:22

I cast Kolaghan's Command, and noticed in the dialog box (attached) that the first option reads:
"Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield."

--> Should be "...to your hand."

Nevertheless, the card functions correctly, returning creature to your hand.
Attachments
kolaghan_command_dialog.jpg
slo-moe

PreviousNext

Return to Forge