It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:58

Text Size

Select card images not being displayed

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Select card images not being displayed

Postby throwingmuse » 11 May 2015, 17:28

I updated all of my Full images from the default torrent yesterday. Afterwards, there are select cards across multiple sets which no longer display.

For example, in the Arabian Nights set, the following cards are listed in the deck editor but do not display a card image:

Army of Allah
Oubliette
Stone-Throwing Devils

Here are my image names from the ARN directory:

Army of Allah.full.jpg
Oubliette.full.jpg
Stone-Throwing Devils.full.jpg

Could this possibly be a punctuation issue or special character issue?

Where can I find the list of the expected card image names? I've looked in the /res directory and found the card names for download, but what I'd like to see is what Forge expects the name to be internally.
throwingmuse

Re: Select card images not being displayed

Postby Freeman74 » 11 May 2015, 19:31

I'm not absolutely sure that its related, but it seems like quite a coincidence. I checked my AN pic folder and for each of the cards you listed I have 3 files.

Army of Allah.full.jpg
Army of Allah1.full.jpg
Army of Allah2.full.jpg
Oubliette.full.jpg
Oubliette1.full.jpg
Oubliette2.full.jpg
Stone-Throwing Devils.full.jpg
Stone-Throwing Devils1.full.jpg
Stone-Throwing Devils2.full.jpg

In my case all 3 images seem identical, I don't think there were alternate art for those cards. But, you might try making a couple copies of one and adding the "1" and "2" and see if it resolves the issue.

I temporarily removed Oubliette1 and 2 from the folder and the image did fail to load in forge so I'm confident that it would fix your problem. Someone else will have to fill in the "Why?".
Freeman74

Postby throwingmuse » 12 May 2015, 00:53

Where can I find the list of the expected card image names? I've looked in the /res directory and found the card names for download, but what I'd like to see is what Forge expects the name to be internally.
throwingmuse

Postby throwingmuse » 12 May 2015, 15:05

In the res/pics_link folder, I searched for the download links of the three cards. Here they are:

army_of_allah.jpg http://[server]/AN/Army%20of%20Allah1.full.jpg
oubliette.jpg http://[server]/AN/Oubliette1.full.jpg
stone_throwing_devils.jpg http://[server]/AN/Stone-Throwing%20Devils1.full.jpg

Notice the "1" on the end of the card name. I believe this might be the issue. Are the pic_links considered correct or are these incorrect? There are several other occurrences of this issue.
throwingmuse

Postby Freeman74 » 12 May 2015, 19:50

I'm an end user without any deep insight into the program besides the digging I've done to customize my experience. So I'm not sure what determines what Forge expects for the image name.

It appears that if the card is listed multiple times in the /res/editions/[Set Name].txt file

then the fist instance will be...
cardname.full.jpg
second instance will be...
cardname1.full.jpg
third instance will be...
cardname2.full.jpg
and so on.

In some sets I know its because there are alternate artworks for the same card name, but not sure with Arabian Nights.

I looked for a file that list the card links, but I'm not able to find /res/pics_link in my build. I'm using a snapshot from yesterday.
Freeman74

Postby friarsol » 12 May 2015, 20:32

Freeman74 wrote:I'm an end user without any deep insight into the program besides the digging I've done to customize my experience. So I'm not sure what determines what Forge expects for the image name.

It appears that if the card is listed multiple times in the /res/editions/[Set Name].txt file

then the fist instance will be...
cardname.full.jpg
second instance will be...
cardname1.full.jpg
third instance will be...
cardname2.full.jpg
and so on.

In some sets I know its because there are alternate artworks for the same card name, but not sure with Arabian Nights.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what's going on here. Stone Throwing Devils are listed twice in the editions file, and if you look on either magiccards.info it lists the Devils being there twice (#14 or #15) or on Gatherer it shows there are two variations in ARN. Arabian Nights was before editions started having multiple art variations on a print sheet (I believe the lands in Antiquities have that honor); so to get a card to show up more times on a common sheet there were multiple "variations" of it, even if those variations look markably similar to each other.

So basically, you need the numbers at the end of the cardnames when there are multiple variations of the card to display, even if the card variation doesn't actually differ.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Marek14 » 13 May 2015, 06:07

It's not because of sheets. Some cards had a bit different mana circles in some print runs.
Marek14
Tester

Postby throwingmuse » 13 May 2015, 06:15

Then why doesn't the default .torrent file have the additional indexed images for some cards? Is an end user expected to traverse through all the card sets and manually add cards just to satisfy this situation?
throwingmuse

Postby throwingmuse » 13 May 2015, 17:09

Can anyone explain why the default .torrent card list does not contain these alternate numbered cards?
throwingmuse

Postby friarsol » 13 May 2015, 17:13

throwingmuse wrote:Can anyone explain why the default .torrent card list does not contain these alternate numbered cards?
The Forge team doesn't control the torrent. Cards downloaded through Forge are formatted the right way. Cards downloaded externally may require fiddling to get working.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Return to Forge