It is currently 05 May 2024, 15:48

Text Size

Forge Beta: 8-28-2015 ver 1.5.44

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Beta: 8-28-2015 ver 1.5.44

Postby Tolvo » 05 Sep 2015, 18:40

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I already found the answer for the other question myself, so that's alright.
Tolvo

Postby noian » 06 Sep 2015, 04:18

What's the picture naming convention for dual cards? (Down // Dirty, Protect // Serve, etc)

I have full pictures of DGM in the DGM folder but Forge won't recognize them (name is separated with an underscore) and I'd like to know what I should rename the pictures to (edit: I've realized all the split cards are missing pictures, probably something with naming). Note that forward slash is not a valid filename in windows.

Another feature that would be really great is filtering for pictures missing so I can easily figure out which ones I need to download.
___

Birds of Paradise Avatar shows up twice in the list (as do other avatars)
___
Palliation Accord gains counters when the player taps something to pay for mana even when the player cancels the tap (wrong multikicker selection)
___
Priest of Titania (and I assume other mana cards) give double the mana they should in the mana pool under specific conditions that I haven't narrowed down yet. Coupled with Helix Pinnacle....I've seen it add 17 mana to the mana pool when I tapped it, then I clicked Helix Pinnacle, canceled it in the box, and my mana jumped to 34. Also saw it happen on the third land I tapped after tapping Priest of Titania.
___
Minor: New dialog box for how many multikickers I want may be in some cases a nuisance for example if I have Titania or Archdruid I may not know exactly how much mana I have available. Previously I could just tap mana as I go along, now I have to tap the mana first then type in how many times manually which is an extra step. On the other hand if a player knows how much mana is available, the auto feature is pretty good, so I'm not really sure if this is really a retrogression.
noian

Postby friarsol » 06 Sep 2015, 13:13

noian wrote:Minor: New dialog box for how many multikickers I want may be in some cases a nuisance for example if I have Titania or Archdruid I may not know exactly how much mana I have available. Previously I could just tap mana as I go along, now I have to tap the mana first then type in how many times manually which is an extra step. On the other hand if a player knows how much mana is available, the auto feature is pretty good, so I'm not really sure if this is really a retrogression.
Yea, we're definitely not changing it back to the old way, since you are supposed to announce values like multikicker. The only thing we could try to do is "predict" the total amount of mana available and provide that in the dialog box. Although, it's not exactly easy to get this prediction correct 100% of the time.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby N25 » 06 Sep 2015, 18:16

Great work again guys! However, how do you exactly use Lightning Storm's discard a land while on the stack ability? Been trying to figure that out to no avail, thanks!
N25

Postby noian » 06 Sep 2015, 19:24

friarsol wrote:
noian wrote:Minor: New dialog box for how many multikickers I want may be in some cases a nuisance for example if I have Titania or Archdruid I may not know exactly how much mana I have available. Previously I could just tap mana as I go along, now I have to tap the mana first then type in how many times manually which is an extra step. On the other hand if a player knows how much mana is available, the auto feature is pretty good, so I'm not really sure if this is really a retrogression.
Yea, we're definitely not changing it back to the old way, since you are supposed to announce values like multikicker. The only thing we could try to do is "predict" the total amount of mana available and provide that in the dialog box. Although, it's not exactly easy to get this prediction correct 100% of the time.
Yup. On a related note can we have multi-select in choose a card dialog? Or make it so that pressing space is the same as okay. It's annoying to have to click okay over and over when I get Nissa Revane's -7 ability used.
noian

Postby schizophoenix » 07 Sep 2015, 00:54

Bug: AI cast Glamer Spinners and stole my Aura.
schizophoenix

Postby noian » 07 Sep 2015, 05:00

Bug: Rite of Replication is able to be used on Hexproof tokens (Asceticism)
noian

Postby friarsol » 07 Sep 2015, 12:33

noian wrote:Bug: Rite of Replication is able to be used on Hexproof tokens (Asceticism)
schizophoenix wrote:Bug: AI cast Glamer Spinners and stole my Aura.
Can the two of you read the link in my signature, we like to get a bunch more information for bug reports.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby gos » 07 Sep 2015, 12:55

N25 wrote:Great work again guys! However, how do you exactly use Lightning Storm's discard a land while on the stack ability? Been trying to figure that out to no avail, thanks!
I second this, I can't find any way to use Lightning Storm 's ability. This used to work in a previous version, IIRC.
gos

Postby noian » 07 Sep 2015, 17:27

friarsol wrote:
noian wrote:Bug: Rite of Replication is able to be used on Hexproof tokens (Asceticism)
schizophoenix wrote:Bug: AI cast Glamer Spinners and stole my Aura.
Can the two of you read the link in my signature, we like to get a bunch more information for bug reports.
Rite of Replication Bug:
Saw this playing against the AI with an Elf deck on latest version desktop. I played Asceticism which grants Hexproof (immunity to Target) to all Creatures.
Rite of Replication explicitly has the word 'target' on the card and a cursory online google search suggested it doesn't work around Hexproof. "If the targeted creature is an illegal target by the time Rite of Replication resolves, the entire spell is countered. You won't get any tokens." AI used Rite of Replication on my tokens to duplicate them after I played Asceticism. (Also the AI does poorly in general with this card, it likes to use it too early in the game before I get good stuff out, and it likes to use it on 1/3 tokens or 1/1 Llanowar instead of 4/4 Wilt-Leaf Liege).
______
Palliation Accord bug:
Again playing against the AI. Reproducible ex. with Joraga Warcaller in your hand. Play the card, choose an invalid multikicker amount, tap creatures such as Llanowar Elf or Priest of Titania for mana, then cancel the summon (those cards untap, you don't have enough mana for it for starters). Palliation Accord gains counters. Repeat, Palliation Accord gains more counters despite the action being cancelled.
______
Mana duplicate bug:
I've seen this bug in my elf mana ramp deck frequently enough and it is exploitable. It doesn't happen 100% of the the time, but enough that if you try it a few times it will show up. It also isn't limited to Helix Pinnacle. The easiest way to reproduce is:
Helix Pinnacle + multi-mana card (ex. Gaea's Cradle, Priest of Titania, Elvish Archdruid). Tap all remaining mana first, then click Helix Pinnacle. Click cancel in the box. Mana in mana pool MAY go up (doesn't happen 100% of the time).

I've seen weird mana issues happen also when I tapped Gaea's Cradle, then tapped 2 more Forests and the 2nd Forest added multiple mana instead of 1.
______
Non card related feedback:
I think the game has a memory leak somewhere because it got really slow after I played it for a few hours and then suddenly the game acted really broken (flickering in/out), resolved itself on restart of program. The number of freezes on AI turns is far less than before so that's good, I'm not abandoning as many games as I used to due to the AI taking forever on turns. That said, the one matchup against a white/soldier token deck AI (can't remember the name) had really long AI turns once the AI got out 15 tokens or so.
noian

Postby friarsol » 08 Sep 2015, 00:15

noian wrote:Rite of Replication Bug:
Saw this playing against the AI with an Elf deck on latest version desktop. I played Asceticism which grants Hexproof (immunity to Target) to all Creatures.
Rite of Replication explicitly has the word 'target' on the card and a cursory online google search suggested it doesn't work around Hexproof. "If the targeted creature is an illegal target by the time Rite of Replication resolves, the entire spell is countered. You won't get any tokens." AI used Rite of Replication on my tokens to duplicate them after I played Asceticism. (Also the AI does poorly in general with this card, it likes to use it too early in the game before I get good stuff out, and it likes to use it on 1/3 tokens or 1/1 Llanowar instead of 4/4 Wilt-Leaf Liege).
Yea I can't reproduce this. Are you sure there's nothing in play preventing your creatures from actually having Hexproof? A screenshot would be helpful.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby noian » 09 Sep 2015, 04:29

friarsol wrote:
noian wrote:Rite of Replication Bug:
Yea I can't reproduce this. Are you sure there's nothing in play preventing your creatures from actually having Hexproof? A screenshot would be helpful.
Fairly certain nothing was preventing Hexproof. Don't have a screenshot since I've played too many games since then, sorry. :(

On another positive note, I looked at the source code again (since I last looked at it a few years back) and I want to say a big CONGRATS to the devs for cleaning up the code base. It is much more sanely organized at a file level (didn't look at the files though, so no idea if that improved).
noian

Postby Army of Allah » 10 Sep 2015, 17:44

This is probably a very old bug. Forbidden Orchard does not interact correctly with Warp World. Since you are the owner of the tokens, it should allow you to reveal extra cards, not the opponent.
Army of Allah

Postby friarsol » 10 Sep 2015, 18:02

Army of Allah wrote:This is probably a very old bug. Forbidden Orchard does not interact correctly with Warp World. Since you are the owner of the tokens, it should allow you to reveal extra cards, not the opponent.
Not a bug, they changed the rules. The owner of tokens is the controller of them when they ETB.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby krishkrush » 10 Sep 2015, 22:09

Don‘t know if this also happens in the desktop version as i only played the android one, but just to be sure:

The coin flip mechanic seems to be working incorrect, or at least the interface for it. When I choose tails i always lose the flip. It doesn't matter if heads or tails comes up, it always counts as a loose. When i choose heads everything works as it should. I lose when tails comes up and win when heads comes up.
krishkrush

PreviousNext

Return to Forge