It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:57

Text Size

How to have all pictures?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

How to have all pictures?

Postby vinnie » 03 Apr 2016, 23:29

Today I tried to download all pictures from android version of forge (a single LQ image for type).
Also this time lack many images (more than 3000 on 15000).
How do you get them all?
vinnie

Re: How to have all pictures?

Postby drdev » 04 Apr 2016, 16:04

Some of the newer sets aren't yet available via the download buttons in the app. Some people have posted links for manually downloading LQ (or HQ) images for these sets, which you can try if you want. You'll just have to save them into the proper directory yourself.
drdev
Programmer

Postby vinnie » 04 Apr 2016, 17:03

Ok,thanks for reply.

Is there a way to know precisely which cards/set are missing?
Right now the only way I can think of is to use the deck editor, but I'm not sure they're only entire sets are missing and not only single card (for example, on the pc I was able to download more cards than I have on the mobile, p.s. for example 2 in the fate reforged set i have only 5 pictures).
There is a string to research only the cards with no picture?

Also I would like to download one image for card name and not a copy for each set where the card appears (for space saving), but I have no idea how to do it manually.

If I do not find the missing cards in the topic that you have shown me, is there a way to download them personally?
An user has indicated "MTG Gatherer Extractor" but on linux (with wine) does not work.
vinnie

Postby Xyx » 08 Apr 2016, 18:26

I sometimes resort to the manual approach: Find the card on Gatherer (or magiccards.info, or magiccardmarket.eu), save the image as <card name as per oracle>.full.png, move it to the \pics\ subfolder with the abbreviation of the set (SOI for Shadows over Innistrad). Usually you only have to do this for a dozen or so cards per set, since the rest is just Limited fodder.
Xyx
Tester

Postby vinnie » 11 Apr 2016, 10:50

@Xyx: thanks for the suggestion, but read below to discover how I am trying to solve.

These days i work with alacrity ( :lol: ) to make a script in order to update the links of the forge cards image.
The script was created in python 3, it was not written very professionally (would require a refactoring) but it works.
It is able to replace the links of all cards except 34 of them (that are not present on mtgjson or have not yet images*(for this last read below) ).
I have not yet tried to download images through forge because my actual connection is bad, but I'll do it as soon as possible.

Meanwhile I share with you the script and the archive of cards produced with it.
If you want to try it, just place it in the same directory containing cardsfolder.zip and start it from the terminal (advice: probably only works on linux).

*I wants to report that these cards should not have any pics in their vanilla source (and then neither in my modified version).
Code: Select all
Alhammarrets Archive
Bane Alley Broker
Brago's Favor
Corrosion
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh
Corrosion
Double Stroke
Hedron Alignment
Interplanar Tunnel
Iterative Analysis
Magnetic Web
Muzzio's Preparations
Power Play
Redirect
Ruin Processor
Scarred Puma
Secret Summoning
Secret Summoning
Secret Summoning
Soul Burn
Ulamog's Nullifier
Unexpected Potential
Vampire Nocturnus Avatar
War's Toll
Worldknit
The other cards are not present in the source of my information (mtgjson), but if they had already images links, these were not removed.

if you have suggestions or requests, let me know.

P.s. I attached script here, but remove .txt from script extension, the archive of edited cards is here (only for a week): https://transfer.sh/vI6Dd/cardsfolder.zip
P.p.s. I found also this software to consult mtgjason informations, Xyx, this can be usefull for your manual operations: https://github.com/stijnvermeir/mtgcards
Attachments
batch_forgecardspic_replacer.py.txt
the script (remove .txt at the end)
(15.18 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
vinnie

Postby vinnie » 13 Apr 2016, 13:03

Testing update: :supz:

In the attempt, forge download all cards image except 7 and skip 2: the cards is this:
Celestine Reef.jpg
Drench the Soil in Their Blood.full.jpg
Horizon Boughs.jpg
Imprison This Insolent Wretch.full.jpg
Mirrored Depths.jpg
Perhaps You've Met My Cohort.full.jpg
Plots That Span Centuries.full.jpg
But many cards have failed the download, this is cards with dimension under 900 byte (obviously not downloaded():
$ find . -type f -size -900c | wc -l
Ok i remove this cards ad retry to download and this time 9 cards is not downloaded and 3 skip, but no one is badly downloaded (no output with previous find command). This is the lists of 9 cards:
Celestine Reef.jpg
Drench the Soil in Their Blood.full.jpg
Horizon Boughs.jpg
Imprison This Insolent Wretch.full.jpg
Mirrored Depths.jpg
Perhaps You've Met My Cohort.full.jpg
Plots That Span Centuries.full.jpg
Tember City.jpg
Your Inescapable Doom.full.jpg
Now it is time for comparations of numbers $ls | wc -l and dimension with du -h:
Vanilla card source 13610 601M (with any badly image downloaded)
Modified card source 15433 640M

However I don't know if it is correct downloads all images from the same sites, maybe I could try another strategy: create an alternate version of the script that will download only the missing or badly downloaded images instead of change the source of cards.
I also notice that these new images have more card's edge and have not all the same size.
vinnie

Return to Forge