It is currently 06 May 2024, 12:58

Text Size

Journey to nowhere vs isolation zone

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Journey to nowhere vs isolation zone

Postby goonjamin » 27 Apr 2016, 16:59

I am playing on the latest android version but this is more a general card question so I didn't post it in the Android thread.

I have both isolation zone and journey to nowhere in my deck. Isolation zone will not let me target a planeswalker but journey to nowhere will. Both say creature so I am confused. Should both be able to target planeswalkers or should neither.

I am likely just miss understanding how something works so if one of the rules guru's could help me out that would be awesome.
goonjamin

Re: Journey to nowhere vs isolation zone

Postby Zirbert » 27 Apr 2016, 19:55

N
goonjamin wrote:I am playing on the latest android version but this is more a general card question so I didn't post it in the Android thread.

I have both isolation zone and journey to nowhere in my deck. Isolation zone will not let me target a planeswalker but journey to nowhere will. Both say creature so I am confused. Should both be able to target planeswalkers or should neither.

I am likely just miss understanding how something works so if one of the rules guru's could help me out that would be awesome.
Neither Isolation Zone nor Journey to Nowhere should allow you to target a planeswalker unless that planeswalker is also a creature or enchantment (for Isolation Zone) at the time. I don't use the Android version, so I can't test it, but there could be a bug in JtN if it's letting you target non-creature planeswalkers.

My first guess would be that when you tried Journey to Nowhere, you targeted a planeswalker that was using a "this is a creature until end of turn" ability like some Gideons and Sarkhans have. When you tried Isolation Zone, you were trying to target a non-creature planeswalker, or one that you controlled.
Zirbert

Return to Forge