It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:56

Text Size

[Request?] Setting life values for duels in Quest mode?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

[Request?] Setting life values for duels in Quest mode?

Postby werkbau » 05 May 2016, 00:54

I really like the quest mode, but I noticed that all enemies have a standard life total of 20 (even the Shandalar-based ones) which is technically fine, but I'd love to be able to give them less HP for the "grunts" and more HP for the harder ones. Is it possible to do so, or if not, planned for the future? I'd totally love to grind against weaker ones and then battle "boss-class" ones with 50 or 200 life like in Shandalar.

If it's not doable, I'd really love to request such a feature. Life total can be specified in the deck files, and if a value is not explicitly stated, default to 20 (which would keep compatibility with existing ones).
werkbau

Re: [Request?] Setting life values for duels in Quest mode?

Postby friarsol » 05 May 2016, 00:59

Have you seen the challenges? The standard duels are all 20 life, but Challenge opponents very in life starting totals. Pretty much exactly as you are saying.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby werkbau » 05 May 2016, 01:22

Oh, didn't notice, I am still pretty much struggling with the starting cardpool so didn't even dare doing "challenges" with a deck that has trouble with the "easy" grunt fights.
The thing is that, at the start, battling some of those decks with 20 life with below-average cards is quite time-consuming and punishing for a meager 50 gold (if no rounds lost), and when you got decent cards and upgrades some of those become relatively easy but time-consuming for the rewards.

So it could be pretty nice to set an expected life amount for the decks, maybe with some multipliers based on progress.

EDIT: Sorry if the tone comes across as aggressive, English is not my native language. I am totally loving the quest mode actually, my only complaint is that it's relatively hard to do many battles in short time because of having to erode those 20 life with 1/1 cards. I am used to Shandalar in terms of progression, where it balanced the start with giving lower life to grunts, but higher life to stronger foes and bosses, and it'd be really fun to see the same thing here.
werkbau

Postby friarsol » 05 May 2016, 02:03

Take a look at the Quest Preferences, a lot of these numbers are adjustable to suit your needs (not starting life totals though). But you can get more money from matches, and more things for starting off.

Comparing Forge so specifically to Shandalar is probably unfair to both programs, Forge quest is definitely a different beast.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby werkbau » 05 May 2016, 02:16

Oh, absolutely. Then again it's merely a suggestion, just thought it'd be nice to be able to set those up individually. It surely would speed things up at the start.
Altering winning money and such is also a possibility, but it somehow feels kinda cheaty for reasons I can't quite put into words.
werkbau

Return to Forge