It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:08

Text Size

Quest Mode : Questions

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Quest Mode : Questions

Postby Brandonsorcerer » 01 Jul 2016, 14:04

Well I tried Quest mode for the first time yesterday and I have a couple of questions and some arguments on it.

1) Prices are not balanced.
Well sure rare golds are more expensive than commons, etc but does it seem right to you that a booster costs 600 coins and winning a match yields only 25 coins? Yes I know this can be adjusted in the settings but what satisfactory settings do you guys use?

2) Difficulty
I put the difficulty on medium but till now all I see so far are (easy) opponents. Does this change later on? What about challenges? How do you find them? Challenging?

3) Land Cards
Land cards are limited in the starting card pool and also in spell shop, having only 5 land cards of each color... any solution for this? How do I get 20 lands for my first deck?
Brandonsorcerer

Re: Quest Mode : Questions

Postby friarsol » 01 Jul 2016, 14:36

1. Boosters are different priced based on their age and their contents. The "colored" boosters are 600. The best way to accumulate money is by selling cards you acquire form your free booster from after matches, or by hitting some of the "special bonus". You aren't making "just 25" you are making 25 + the contents of your booster, which sometimes can be much higher. As you face harder opponents, the base value will be higher. The best way (especially early on) to improve your deck is by buying individual cards, not by blindly buying boosters.

2. The difficulty level of your quest determines how quickly your quest progresses (and to a smaller extent your starting values). For medium, you start seeing the next "level" of opponent at 15-30-45 wins. Some of the Challenges are real tough, some are fairly easy.

3. On the right side of your deck editor there's a button that says "Add Basic Lands". Basics used to be a flood of cards in card pools, especially if you used the quest draft functionality a lot. We replaced that with just a "Free" way of getting them, but they aren't "Worth" anything.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Brandonsorcerer » 01 Jul 2016, 14:43

Cant see that button.. maybe because I'm on the android version?

EDIT : I saw it after pressing the ... button thanks
Brandonsorcerer

Postby timmermac » 01 Jul 2016, 17:09

You can use a text editor to set your starting credit amount as high as 999999999 credits.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Return to Forge