It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:40

Text Size

how do i install set pictures? completely new to this

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

how do i install set pictures? completely new to this

Postby emoon326 » 31 Oct 2016, 19:25

i've tried following the guide to install the hq pictures i downloaded but when i load the program it just shows the cards as all blank, i put them

"C:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume3\Users\Eric\AppData\Roaming\Forge\cache\pics\cards"

any help is greatly appreciated, i downloaded this program to play test my actual decks cuz i dont have anyone to play with most of the time
emoon326

Re: how do i install set pictures? completely new to this

Postby Seravy » 31 Oct 2016, 20:35

You need to put the files all to the appropriate subfolder for the card's expansion. From what I experienced, the folder names the cards come with and the ones the game uses often do not match, and some image files miss the ".full" portion of the filename.
What I did was, let the game download, so I see what goes where, then replace the files already there, it worked pretty well. (except, downloading is so slow so I interrupted it after I found a new folder, moved the files there and then the downloader could skip the entire expansion, speeding up the process a lot. Still, it took me a whole day to get it done.)
Seravy

Postby emoon326 » 01 Nov 2016, 02:30

appreciate the speedy reply but it was just too confusing for me so i went looking for another program and found xmage, i find its much more user friendly as you can just download the images straight from within the client and you don't need to mess with directories.

thanks again
emoon326

Postby friarsol » 01 Nov 2016, 02:54

Forge has a button that lets you download pictures from within it as well, so... I'm not sure how that's any different from what you described.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Seravy » 01 Nov 2016, 10:23

friarsol wrote:Forge has a button that lets you download pictures from within it as well, so... I'm not sure how that's any different from what you described.
Just a guess but maybe the 30+ hours download time (for LQ pictures in the game) has something to do with that. If I hadn't installed mine manually I'd be still downloading. I know it's not the game's fault but it's a problem nonetheless and lowers accessibility to the users a lot. Most people aren't patient enough to go through that for a game.
Seravy

Postby emoon326 » 01 Nov 2016, 12:17

i tried forge's ingame content downloader for the lq stuff, i still didnt have images for some reason
emoon326

Postby timmermac » 01 Nov 2016, 13:44

You might not get the last expansion or two's worth of pics, depending on how recently the expansion was released. It takes a bit of time for the pics to make it onto the download server.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Return to Forge