Forge Beta Release: 11-02-2016 ver 1.5.57

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Beta Release: 11-02-2016 ver 1.5.57

Postby cixmen » 04 Nov 2016, 18:33

Hey, I just found a bug using Summary Dismissal, here's what happened:

-Turn starts
-Op. plays forest
-Attack phase
-Op. Attacks with Electrostatic Pummeler (Unblocked)
-Op. Casts Bristling Hydra
-I cast Summary Dismissal
-Dynavolt Tower triggers
-Dynavolt Tower's trigger solves
-Summary Dismissal Solves

Now, Summary Dismissal is supposed to exile al other spells, but what happened is it exiled itself and countered Bristling Hydra instead of exiling it.
Attachments
report.jpg
Screenshot just after the bug happened
cixmen

Postby Midori » 05 Nov 2016, 11:42

The file name for Breya's token images is set to be "b_1_1_thopter_C16" but it should be "u_1_1_thopter_C16".
Midori

Postby Seravy » 05 Nov 2016, 13:43

I can't find a way to play the card revealed by Temporal Aperture. Unless there is a trick to this I'm not aware of, this is a bug.
I tried clicking on the revealed card, and also on the aperture effect in the command zone but nothing happens (tried single, double, left and right clicks...)

One more bug : Predatory Advantage says it gives tokens when I don't cast a creature spell. If I cast Gilded Drake, exchange control of it with the enemy, then return it to my hand, they still get a lizard token. Not sure if the control changing effect or returning the creature breaks it or it's just broken on its own.
Seravy

Postby vinnie » 06 Nov 2016, 19:45

For desktop 1.5.58-20161103.232236-2 desktop forge (and i think also for 1.5.57 android version):

In forge there is only one version of CN2/"Kaya, Ghost Assassin" card, but in reality there are two.
For this reason the name card is not accepted, forge request "Kaya, Ghost Assassin.full.jpg" instead of "Kaya, Ghost Assassin1.full.jpg" and "Kaya, Ghost Assassin2.full.jpg"

Moreover forge search these four cards with the name without ".full"
HOP/Glimmervoid Basin.jpg
PC2/Glen Elendra.jpg
PC2/Kilnspire District.jpg
PC2/Morphic Tide.jpg
However these cards are not used (in deckeditor are not available)
vinnie

Postby Seravy » 06 Nov 2016, 21:31

I seem to have foil versions of cards I never found in foil version in quest mode. I suspect the packs opened outside draft (won as prize or from duels) do not show the foil effect, at the very least I've never seen any and that's where those foil cards came from.

When my Yavimaya Wurm is blocked by Wall of Junk, the wall is not returning to the owner's hand for some reason. First time I see this happen, it usually returns properly.
Seravy

Postby vinnie » 07 Nov 2016, 01:34

Silhana Ledgewalker equiped with Skyblinder Staff can be blocked by creature with fly, this is a bug?
vinnie

Postby The Average Guy » 07 Nov 2016, 02:03

(all of the following have been tested with 1.5.58)

-Karlov of the Ghost Council has his life gain trigger set as an optional trigger when it is actually a mandatory trigger.

-Sun Droplet does not give me an option as to whether or not I wish to remove the counter from it despite the fact that the second ability is correctly listed as an optional trigger. When the ability resolves, it just automatically removes the counter from it without giving me the choice to do so.

-When the prompt for choosing colors for Tablet of the Guilds appears, the "OK" button to confirm a selection is not highlighted. Since I can't exit out of the prompt either (due to the effect in question being mandatory), the game is unable to resume and the program is essentially stuck until I forcibly close the program in Task Manager.

-According to the effect on Dubious Challenge is worded, the creature my opponent selects from the choice of two enters the battlefield before the one I am stuck with. However, if I exile Hushwing Gryff (which prevents creatures entering the battlefield from triggering any abilities) and Leveler (a creature with an ETB effect) and my opponent chooses to summon Leveler onto their field (leaving me with the Hushwing Gryff), the ETB effect does not trigger even though it should since Hushwing Gryff is supposed to enter after Leveler. This leads me to suspect that Dubious Challenge is mistakenly putting both creatures onto the battlefield at the same time instead of the opponent's chosen creature before the one he/she did not choose.
The Average Guy

Postby friarsol » 07 Nov 2016, 02:45

The Average Guy wrote:-When the prompt for choosing colors for Tablet of the Guilds appears, the "OK" button to confirm a selection is not highlighted. Since I can't exit out of the prompt either (due to the effect in question being mandatory), the game is unable to resume and the program is essentially stuck until I forcibly close the program in Task Manager.
I believe this is a multi-select box. Use Ctrl+ (or whatever equivilant on Mac) to select both colors.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby The Average Guy » 07 Nov 2016, 03:01

friarsol wrote:
The Average Guy wrote:-When the prompt for choosing colors for Tablet of the Guilds appears, the "OK" button to confirm a selection is not highlighted. Since I can't exit out of the prompt either (due to the effect in question being mandatory), the game is unable to resume and the program is essentially stuck until I forcibly close the program in Task Manager.
I believe this is a multi-select box. Use Ctrl+ (or whatever equivilant on Mac) to select both colors.
Yep, you're right. Thank you, and my apologies for not knowing this. However, I'm also seeing that Tablet of the Guilds, after having selected Black and White as my two colors, does not trigger whenever I cast a mono-black spell (it does successfully trigger for 1 life when I cast a mono-white spell and for 2 life when I cast a spell that's both black and white).
The Average Guy

Postby Hanmac » 07 Nov 2016, 07:57

about Sun Droplet, i did try to debug it to find the problem:

PlayerControllerHuman does say:
"triggers with costs can always be declined by not paying the cost"

so the problem is with the cost:
HumanCostDecision for CostRemoveCounter currently doesn't have a way to not pay the cost.

Probably need a confirmPayment like the others has, but i don't know if that would make other cards ugly.

===
fixed ChosenColor for Tablet of the Guilds
Hanmac

Postby gos » 07 Nov 2016, 13:10

My opponent cast Corrosion. On his next upkeep, he put a counter on the only artifact he controlled and destroyed it (it had CMC 1). The Corrosion remains in play without his paying any upkeep for many rounds...
gos

Postby Seravy » 07 Nov 2016, 15:39

Nether Traitor seems to trigger on itself being killed and can return from the grave immediately sometimes. It was the only creature I killed and there were no other copies in the graveyard. Triggered by using Steam Blast with Repercussion in play during my own main phase. When killed with Masticore's ability later, it seemed to stay in the grave as it should.

The game still seems to slow down as the number of turns increase and still can reach a point where it stops working altogether. This isn't related to the amount of stuff in play, as there were only a quarter of the permanents in play compared to earlier turns that processed normally. Was playing against a deck that spams lots of tokens, which I all killed, and I had worship to not lose. Game froze on turn 96 during the playing of a Masticore, but it already took like over 5 minutes to get past that turn's upkeep effects so probably not related to playing that specific card. Unfortunate, I was close to finally being able to attack and win before running out of cards. (using java 7 now)

When the game asks if I want to put triggers on the stack in the same order, it sometimes does NOT put them on in the same order if Smokestack plus spirit Mirror (multiple copies of the latter) are the permanents. Edit : It seems to work fine in the current game so it doesn't always happen.
Last edited by Seravy on 07 Nov 2016, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
Seravy

Postby Mrs Non-Gorilla » 07 Nov 2016, 19:29

Just got an error message. For context, I'd just blocked a Blightsteel Colossus with a Vesuvan Shapeshifter that was copying a Blightsteel Colossus; the message seems to have happened while resolving the resulting shuffle effects.

NullPointerException | Open
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    1.5.58-SNAPSHOT-r-1
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.10.5 x86_64
Java Version:     1.8.0_31 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.card.CardDetailUtil.composeCardText(CardDetailUtil.java:303)
   at forge.gui.CardDetailPanel.setCard(CardDetailPanel.java:252)
   at forge.screens.match.controllers.CDetail.showCard(CDetail.java:61)
   at forge.screens.match.controllers.CDetailPicture.update(CDetailPicture.java:92)
   at forge.screens.match.controllers.CDetailPicture.showCard(CDetailPicture.java:48)
   at forge.screens.match.CMatchUI$2.run(CMatchUI.java:335)
   at forge.GuiDesktop.invokeInEdtNow(GuiDesktop.java:74)
   at forge.FThreads.invokeInEdtNowOrLater(FThreads.java:30)
   at forge.screens.match.CMatchUI.setCard(CMatchUI.java:333)
   at forge.screens.match.CMatchUI.setCard(CMatchUI.java:329)
   at forge.gui.GuiChoose$1$1.valueChanged(GuiChoose.java:180)
   at javax.swing.JList.fireSelectionValueChanged(JList.java:1796)
   at javax.swing.JList$ListSelectionHandler.valueChanged(JList.java:1810)
   at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:184)
   at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:164)
   at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:211)
   at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:405)
   at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:415)
   at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.setSelectionInterval(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:459)
   at javax.swing.JList.setSelectedIndex(JList.java:2210)
   at javax.swing.JList.setSelectedValue(JList.java:2360)
   at forge.gui.ListChooser$3.run(ListChooser.java:176)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:749)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:702)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:696)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:75)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:719)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:184)
   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:229)
   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(WaitDispatchSupport.java:227)
   at java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(WaitDispatchSupport.java:227)
   at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1084)
   at java.awt.Component.show(Component.java:1654)
   at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Component.java:1606)
   at java.awt.Window.setVisible(Window.java:1014)
   at java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Dialog.java:1005)
   at forge.view.FDialog.setVisible(FDialog.java:201)
   at forge.toolbox.FOptionPane.setVisible(FOptionPane.java:279)
   at forge.gui.ListChooser.show(ListChooser.java:183)
   at forge.gui.ListChooser.show(ListChooser.java:157)
   at forge.gui.GuiChoose$1.call(GuiChoose.java:191)
   at forge.gui.GuiChoose$1.call(GuiChoose.java:149)
   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
   at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:301)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:749)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:702)
   at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:696)
   at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:75)
   at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:719)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
   at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
There was also a bugged-looking notification window that popped up at the time of the crash. I've attached a screenshot. Clicking through this window seems to leave me able to continue with the game. I'm not sure whether the Colossus or the Shapeshifter actually got shuffled into our libraries, but they're definitely not in the graveyard...
Attachments
blightsteels.png
Mrs Non-Gorilla

Postby timmermac » 07 Nov 2016, 22:00

Seravy wrote:Nether Traitor seems to trigger on itself being killed and can return from the grave immediately sometimes. It was the only creature I killed and there were no other copies in the graveyard. Triggered by using Steam Blast with Repercussion in play during my own main phase. When killed with Masticore's ability later, it seemed to stay in the grave as it should.

The game still seems to slow down as the number of turns increase and still can reach a point where it stops working altogether. This isn't related to the amount of stuff in play, as there were only a quarter of the permanents in play compared to earlier turns that processed normally. Was playing against a deck that spams lots of tokens, which I all killed, and I had worship to not lose. Game froze on turn 96 during the playing of a Masticore, but it already took like over 5 minutes to get past that turn's upkeep effects so probably not related to playing that specific card. Unfortunate, I was close to finally being able to attack and win before running out of cards. (using java 7 now)

When the game asks if I want to put triggers on the stack in the same order, it sometimes does NOT put them on in the same order if Smokestack plus spirit Mirror (multiple copies of the latter) are the permanents. Edit : It seems to work fine in the current game so it doesn't always happen.
As far as your second paragraph is concerned, this is a long-term known issue with Forge. There are significant issues with how garbage collection is performed, which leads to increased memory usage, which leads to more memory being used than is being allocated by Java for the app. The only thing that I can recommend is editing the parameters in the Forge.exe file to increase the maximum heap space to something like 4 gigs.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Seravy » 07 Nov 2016, 22:41

timmermac wrote:
Seravy wrote:As far as your second paragraph is concerned, this is a long-term known issue with Forge. There are significant issues with how garbage collection is performed, which leads to increased memory usage, which leads to more memory being used than is being allocated by Java for the app. The only thing that I can recommend is editing the parameters in the Forge.exe file to increase the maximum heap space to something like 4 gigs.
okay, why not, tell me where. I know how to use a hex editor. Is it the number "1024" at 2989Ch? Should I go for 2GB as that's my physical RAM or can I go higher assuming garbage data will do fine in virtual memory?

I would prefer if the garbage collection was fixed though...or is it java's fault? It was much worse in java 8 (and lead to more crashes) so I wonder, would downgrading to even earlier java than 7 v80 help?

Also got a crash meanwhile

Description: AI (Homer Simpson) sacrificed a fetchland.

NullPointerException | Open
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    1.5.58-SNAPSHOT-r-1
Operating System: Windows XP 5.1 x86
Java Version:     1.7.0_80 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.ai.ability.ControlGainAi$1.apply(ControlGainAi.java:139)
   at forge.ai.ability.ControlGainAi$1.apply(ControlGainAi.java:128)
   at com.google.common.collect.Iterators$7.computeNext(Iterators.java:647)
   at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.tryToComputeNext(AbstractIterator.java:143)
   at com.google.common.collect.AbstractIterator.hasNext(AbstractIterator.java:138)
   at forge.util.collect.FCollection.<init>(FCollection.java:90)
   at forge.game.card.CardCollection.<init>(CardCollection.java:115)
   at forge.game.card.CardLists.filter(CardLists.java:255)
   at forge.ai.ability.ControlGainAi.canPlayAI(ControlGainAi.java:128)
   at forge.ai.SpellAbilityAi.canPlayAIWithSubs(SpellAbilityAi.java:29)
   at forge.ai.AiController.canPlaySa(AiController.java:654)
   at forge.ai.AiController.canPlayAndPayFor(AiController.java:641)
   at forge.ai.AiController.chooseSpellAbilityToPlay(AiController.java:1158)
   at forge.ai.AiController.getSpellAbilityToPlay(AiController.java:1133)
   at forge.ai.AiController.chooseSpellAbilityToPlay(AiController.java:1072)
   at forge.ai.PlayerControllerAi.chooseSpellAbilityToPlay(PlayerControllerAi.java:392)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:925)
   at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1462)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:95)
   at forge.match.HostedMatch$2.run(HostedMatch.java:220)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Seravy

PreviousNext

Return to Forge