It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:21

Text Size

Mac Compatibility Bug for KLD cards

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Mac Compatibility Bug for KLD cards

Postby musermatt » 12 Nov 2016, 23:19

Hi, so I'm a Mac user, using the Mac app version of Forge. It has worked great for the most part, but I've been having problems since the September update with Kaladesh. I totally understand that you guys can't provide a full updated Mac app file until Chris H gets well (speaking of which, it's been well over a month . Is he okay? I hope for his sake it's not too serious), so I've been trying to figure out how to make the app work with the new updates on my own since you guys implied it was possible to use the Windows/Linux archive because Mac OS is based in Unix. I'm not programming savvy at all, but I tried anyway.
I tried going into the contents of the old Forge application file (from the last mac-friendly release) and replacing the "res" folder with the newer "res" folder contained in the update. This added all the new Kaladesh and Conspiracy cards, and I applied all the card pics as well. But when I tried to play with the Chandra planeswalker deck, I got an error message and the app crashed (presumably due to the vehicle mechanic.) The Nissa deck didn't cause a crash, but the energy counters weren't working. So I figured the problem was that, although I added the new cards, it didn't have the new game mechanics, or the rest of the update.
So is there a way I can fully update the game with those mechanics (and all the other new features) so I can use the newer cards? I'd appreciate any help because I'd like to continue enjoying the app!

I tried adding the error message for the Chandra crash, but the forum won't let me because my post "looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs." But I didn't have any URLs. Oh well. I hope someone can help, or at least how to post the error message here without it being rejected.
musermatt

Return to Forge