It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:32

Text Size

Token Pictures Location

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Token Pictures Location

Postby Iopas » 03 Dec 2016, 09:05

Hello all.

I decided I didn't want to have my cards in the default %appdata% folder, and it took me a while to figure out how the forge.profile.properties file works, but I now play with all card pictures visible, yay. (Still haven't found a picture download for CN2, but I guess it's just a matter of time)

In the .properties file I've chosen cardPicsDir=Forge2/pics, so that's where all the cards are.

Problem is this: I can't figure out how to make the token cards visible in the game, there's no mention of tokens in the file. According to another post the location for them should be cardPicsDir/tokens, and I've put tokens there, renamed them to name.full.jpg, tried full1, full2, and so on. Haven't tried the w_1_1_soldier thing for a white 1/1 soldier token, and that's the next step. Is that it or am I missing something completely different?

Thanks for the help.
Iopas

Re: Token Pictures Location

Postby simisays » 03 Dec 2016, 16:14

Hi

Tokens and emblems go in \pics\tokens. They are renamed in a specific manner, normally
"color_power_toughness_cardname(only put numbers here when there a multitiple variations withing the same expansion)_abilities_ expansion abbreviation (only if that specific token already exists).
for instance c_3_3_wurm_deathtouch or b_5_5_demon2_AVR ect

However you can save yourself a lot of time by just downloading u_Marek14 collection (200DPI) http://www.mediafire.com/file/kzslk6htg ... ns_KLD.zip or my own (300DPI mostly) https://mega.nz/#F!KQVk2KiJ!_Uy1OTOCatP-DIG71wMHIw and just dropping them in the tokens folder.
simisays

Postby Iopas » 04 Dec 2016, 05:35

All right, awesome. I'll try it out and if you don't hear back that means it's worked.

Thanks a lot!
Iopas

Postby Iopas » 04 Dec 2016, 09:38

Tested, downloaded one of the two links you provided and dropped them in the tokens folder. Doesn't work. I guess I should mention, at this point, that I had to create a folder called tokens as forge didn't create one there on its own. The pics folder was created automatically, and that's how I knew where to put all the card images I downloaded.

Short: The tokens folder is NOT pics/tokens, it's someplace else and I'd like to find it.
Iopas

Postby simisays » 04 Dec 2016, 10:17

I personally use "cacheDir=D:\ForgeData" in my properties file. and put my tokens in D:\ForgeData\pics\tokens.
simisays

Postby Iopas » 04 Dec 2016, 12:02

simisays wrote:"cacheDir=D:\ForgeData" in my properties file.
From this I make out that cacheDir/pics/tokens is where the tokens are supposed to be, not cardPicsDir/pics/tokens, which I didn't know. Tried placing my tokens there, and it didn't work. Thank you for trying, but case is still unsolved.

Here are my .properties file entries:

userDir=Forge2/user
cacheDir=Forge2/cache
cardPicsDir=Forge2/pics

I've tried cardPicsDir/pics/tokens, and cacheDir/pics/tokens, now. Neither work. Where are they supposed to go?

What if I downloaded LQ pictures from the client and check where they go, would that work? They put them where they are supposed to be right?
Iopas

Postby Iopas » 04 Dec 2016, 12:07

NVM, I had made a typo that explains everything. I'm stupid. Sorry for the time, sorry for being frustrated, thank you thank you I'll play some magic now baiiii
Iopas

Return to Forge