It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:47

Text Size

Forge Release 12/29/2021 ver. 1.6.47

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Release 12/29/2021 ver. 1.6.47

Postby Djebb » 13 Mar 2022, 13:51

kevlahnota wrote:Your old save has invalid card edition, either put an alias to PSLD edition or just edit your save and replace PSLD with SLD (try opening it with 7zip, edit the text, save..) PSLD is merged with SLD and is removed a long time ago...
Thanks for your answer! But the thing is I don't have any quest saves. :?:
Djebb

Postby kevlahnota » 13 Mar 2022, 14:23

Djebb wrote:
kevlahnota wrote:Your old save has invalid card edition, either put an alias to PSLD edition or just edit your save and replace PSLD with SLD (try opening it with 7zip, edit the text, save..) PSLD is merged with SLD and is removed a long time ago...
that's odd, can you try editing your forge.preferences with any text editor and find UI_LOAD_NONLEGAL_CARDS, and change the value to true
Code: Select all
UI_LOAD_NONLEGAL_CARDS=true
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby AstroRetro » 15 Mar 2022, 03:18

kevlahnota wrote:
Djebb wrote:
that's odd, can you try editing your forge.preferences with any text editor and find UI_LOAD_NONLEGAL_CARDS, and change the value to true
UI_LOAD_NONLEGAL_CARDS=true
I had exactly the same issue with Ugin, the Ineffable from edition PSLD. The problem occurred in 1.6.47 and in the 1.6.49-Snapshot release as well. I also had no Gauntlet saves. In my forge.preferences file I had already set UI_LOAD_NONLEGAL_CARDS=true, so this did not help. I was not sure what kevlahnota meant by "put an alias to PSLD edition" although that sounded promising I could not figure out how to do it

To solve the problem I deleted all the old files in the folder Forge\res\defaults\gauntlet, just keeping the new ones installed with the latest version.

Further investigation revealed that the error was with the following set of files:
LOCKED_Through the MetaGame - Historic (June 21).dat
LOCKED_Through the MetaGame - Legacy (June 21).dat
LOCKED_Through the MetaGame - Modern (June 21).dat
LOCKED_Through the MetaGame - Pauper (June 21).dat
LOCKED_Through the MetaGame - Pioneer (June 21).dat
LOCKED_Through the MetaGame - Standard (June 21).dat
LOCKED_Through the MetaGame - Vintage (June 21).dat
The files appear to be superseded by "(October 21)" versions but not deleted when updating an existing Forge installation. Thus they need to manually deleted by the user.
AstroRetro

Postby kevlahnota » 15 Mar 2022, 04:02

AstroRetro wrote:I had exactly the same issue with Ugin, the Ineffable from edition PSLD. The problem occurred in 1.6.47 and in the 1.6.49-Snapshot release as well. I also had no Gauntlet saves. In my forge.preferences file I had already set UI_LOAD_NONLEGAL_CARDS=true, so this did not help. I was not sure what kevlahnota meant by "put an alias to PSLD edition" although that sounded promising I could not figure out how to do it

To solve the problem I deleted all the old files in the folder Forge\res\defaults\gauntlet, just keeping the new ones installed with the latest version.

Further investigation revealed that the error was with the following set of files:
LOCKED_Through the MetaGame - Historic (June 21).dat
LOCKED_Through the MetaGame - Legacy (June 21).dat
LOCKED_Through the MetaGame - Modern (June 21).dat
LOCKED_Through the MetaGame - Pauper (June 21).dat
LOCKED_Through the MetaGame - Pioneer (June 21).dat
LOCKED_Through the MetaGame - Standard (June 21).dat
LOCKED_Through the MetaGame - Vintage (June 21).dat
The files appear to be superseded by "(October 21)" versions but not deleted when updating an existing Forge installation. Thus they need to manually deleted by the user.
Thanks for this, I wasn't aware that the user didn't have valid assets/res folder since the res is deleted on android version on every update. Old res folder causes issues on newer Forge.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Fahles » 21 Mar 2022, 15:37

Hello, can you still do the update to Kamigawa Neon Dynastie?
Fahles

Postby AStrangerIsHere » 22 Mar 2022, 08:53

So, where is the 1.48? I just saw that in the snapshots, we're already at the 1.49 but I've never seen the 1.48 anywhere. Was it just "exlusive" to the snapshots?
AStrangerIsHere

Postby deletedscenes » 07 Apr 2022, 14:39

AgentOne wrote:So I updated Forge on my Android to the current one and my decks for commander don't even show up in the Forge App. I tried going to the folder in my android device: internal storage>Forge>data>decks>.
I see my commander deck in the commander fold but yet it does not show up in forge at all.
deletedscenes

Previous

Return to Forge