It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:00

Text Size

AI attacking and blocking Observations

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: AI attacking and blocking Observations

Postby Xyx » 03 May 2014, 18:27

AI ran its 3/3 Eidolon of Countless Battles into my two 2/4s. No tricks.
Xyx
Tester

Postby SecretCaveman » 18 May 2014, 08:41

AI is at 1 life, I'm at 3 life. I have a tapped Silver Myr in play and both players have plenty of lands and no cards in hand. AI draws and casts Pyre Charger but doesn't attack me for lethal.
SecretCaveman

Postby Xyx » 20 May 2014, 12:55

AI has a planeswalker with 3 loyalty and 2/4 ready to block. I attack its planeswalker with a 1/1, 2/3 and 2/3. AI blocks a 2/3. Should have blocked the 1/1 because the planeswalker is going off the table either way.
Xyx
Tester

Postby Xyx » 20 May 2014, 13:03

AI has Kiora, the Crashing Wave with 5 loyalty and half a dozen chump blockers. I attack Kiora with a 5/5. AI does not block.
Xyx
Tester

Postby Xyx » 31 May 2014, 08:41

AI does not offer to trade its Reckless Reveler for my Eagle of the Watch (on an otherwise empty board).

AI does not trade its Nyxborn Wolf for my Swordwise Centaur (on an otherwise empty board).

AI does not trade its Sedge Scorpion for my Swordwise Centaur either (my only other creature being a Golden Hind). Doesn't attack with it either. Doesn't even trade when it is seriously getting beaten down.

I attack with a Swordwise Centaur, AI blocks with Sedge Scorpion, Spirespine, Spirespine. I guess it really hated its Sedge Scorpion.

It is my general observation that the AI errs on the side of not trading, often throwing away free damage. I don't know how bad it would be if the AI were more willing to trade, though. At least it rarely makes foolish trades now.

AI has two Yoked Oxen. One of them has a beneficial aura on it. AI chooses the one with the aura to chump block with.
Xyx
Tester

Postby timmermac » 08 Jun 2014, 17:33

I attack with my Fallen Angel and Tormented Angel. AI chooses to block the 1/5 Tormented Angel instead of the 3/3 Fallen Angel. :?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby antekm » 15 Sep 2014, 18:46

Somehow in one of the recent versions AI behaviour has changed - when it reaches the level of life when my attack can kill it, it will stop attacking, even if it could kill me before (or if it wouldn't be able to block my attack anyhow). I'm not 100% sure, but I think that before it was much smarter about it
antekm

Postby lujo » 16 Sep 2014, 00:04

antekm wrote:Somehow in one of the recent versions AI behaviour has changed - when it reaches the level of life when my attack can kill it, it will stop attacking, even if it could kill me before (or if it wouldn't be able to block my attack anyhow). I'm not 100% sure, but I think that before it was much smarter about it
I've noticed this too.
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby lujo » 16 Sep 2014, 17:00

Ok, figured somethign VERY important out - the AI will ignore Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero, one of the most broken and format warping cards ever, when choosing what to use removal on. The AI will ignore it even if Lin Sivvi is sitting alone on the board and the AI has a Seal of Doom.

This is extremely unacceptable, because that card now effectively has hexproof, and it's like giving Arcbound Ravager hexproof. It was BANNED in block constructed, the legend rule was changed because of it, Counter-rebel decks were built to ensure Lin Sivvi doesn't get removed from the board. It needs to be a VERY high priority target. It does have a unique ability to reccur rebels from the graveyard, so I maybe that could be made a high priority factor.

I think the same reason is why the plant is warping matches. The AI won't attack into a 4 toughness wither defender, but it also won't target a 1/4 wall. Something needs to be done about this.
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby Fizanko » 16 Sep 2014, 18:55

I noticed an important (as in the AI is going to lose a lot more than it used to against certain decks) regression for the AI

In 1.5.25 (and past versions), i noticed that the AI usually does not sacrifice his 1/1 creatures to block and kill your attacking 2/1 regular creatures.

But when it came to you playing 2/1 cards like Bloodcrazed Neonate (or similar innistrad block cards with only 1 thougness), the AI was more than willing sacrifice his 1/1 creatures in order to stop it .

That was a very great AI move because it's exactly what anyone should do considering what happens if you don't block those specific kind of cards.

But in snapshot 1.5.28 snapshot r27408 , the AI does not try to block them anymore, i even saw a 3/1 Spined Basher in the AI side letting my 2/1 Bloodcrazed Neonate hit without trying to block.

EDIT : redoing my test, it looks like the Spined Basher does not try to block the 2/1 Bloodcrazed Neonate, but will try to block it when it is 3/2
Very strange.

EDIT 2 : played another one and this time a Bloodcrazed Neonate got blocked immediately as it would have been in 1.5.25
I don't understand then why the Spined Basher didn't do it when it could, or waited the AI player to be hurt once before doing it
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Phoenix » 17 Sep 2014, 06:04

I had on my battlefield: Crocodile Pet, 2x Signal Pest, 1x Ornithopter
AI had 5 non-flying and 1 strong flying creature.

Since AI had only 4 life left I attacked with my Crocodile Pet.
AI used his flying creature to block which died immediately due to Deathtouch.

Within my next combat phase I attacked with my other 3 creatures and won.
Phoenix

Postby RichardHawk » 30 Sep 2014, 04:53

AI killed itself attacking into my Blood Reckoning.
RichardHawk

Postby gecktrix » 07 Oct 2014, 20:36

AI had a 5/5 trample and a 1/1. I had a 2/3 deathtouch untapped for blocking and no cards in hand. I was at 3 life. AI attacked with only the 5/5 trample where as if he attacked with both it would have won.
gecktrix

Postby Fizanko » 07 Oct 2014, 20:46

The AI had 6 lives left, and deployed Leyline of Singularity and then made the smart move to play Hunted Horror (so Leyline of Singularity prevented me to obtain the two 3/3 centaurs with black resistance Hunted Horror would give me, as both were made legendary and would then both removed).

But then it made the big and fatal mistake to block my Boros Reckoner with its 7/7 Hunted Horror
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 08 Oct 2014, 07:46

Fizanko wrote:The AI had 6 lives left, and deployed Leyline of Singularity and then made the smart move to play Hunted Horror (so Leyline of Singularity prevented me to obtain the two 3/3 centaurs with black resistance Hunted Horror would give me, as both were made legendary and would then both removed).

But then it made the big and fatal mistake to block my Boros Reckoner with its 7/7 Hunted Horror
Only one Centaur should die in this situation unless you already had a Centaur token out.
Marek14
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Forge