It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:40

Text Size

Forge Beta: 08-19-2011 ver 1.1.2 rev 9812

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug: Build ID is 9793?

Postby jendave » 19 Aug 2011, 23:47

Braids wrote:The build number reported in forge-1.1.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar's MANIFEST.MF file says the build ID is 9793 instead of 9812.
I downloaded that file from cardforge.org and it had the correct revision #. Actually it was later 9819 since Chris and I had some issues with svn authentication. Are you looking at Chris's earlier upload?
jendave

Re: Forge Beta: 08-19-2011 ver 1.1.2 rev 9812

Postby Braids » 20 Aug 2011, 00:21

lazylockie wrote:so this Mantis system allows non-crash bug reports?
yes. see the wiki here for bugs and here for features.
"That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen." --Rob Cashwalker, regarding Innistrad double-sided cards. One of the first times he and I have ever agreed on something. ;)
Braids
Programmer

Location: Unknown. Hobby: Driving myself and others to constructive madness.

Postby Braids » 20 Aug 2011, 00:25

jendave wrote:
Braids wrote:The build number reported in forge-1.1.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar's MANIFEST.MF file says the build ID is 9793 instead of 9812.
I downloaded that file from cardforge.org and it had the correct revision #. Actually it was later 9819 since Chris and I had some issues with svn authentication. Are you looking at Chris's earlier upload?
yes, i was. was mediafire updated? i have 9819 now.
"That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen." --Rob Cashwalker, regarding Innistrad double-sided cards. One of the first times he and I have ever agreed on something. ;)
Braids
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 20 Aug 2011, 00:51

Braids wrote:
jendave wrote:
yes, i was. was mediafire updated? i have 9819 now.
`
The MediaFire and the cardforge archives both should be based on rev 9814.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Braids » 20 Aug 2011, 01:23

Chris H. wrote:
Braids wrote:yes, i was. was mediafire updated? i have 9819 now.
`
. . . then why does it say 9819?
Braids
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 20 Aug 2011, 01:30

Braids wrote:
Chris H. wrote:
Braids wrote:yes, i was. was mediafire updated? i have 9819 now.
`
`
My local copy was updated to rev 9814 when I executed the Maven script to build and release. If the b & r is successful then we see the several commits + logs to the SVN.

9817 to 9819 only changes the pom file from what I can tell. I look at this as a nice message to the other devs that the bi-weekly beta release is now done and the rest of you can go ahead and make your commits without worry or inteference.

Dave will have a more technical explanation. :wink:
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Braids » 20 Aug 2011, 01:36

Chris H. wrote:
Braids wrote:
Chris H. wrote:The MediaFire and the cardforge archives both should be based on rev 9814.
`
My local copy was updated to rev 9814 when I executed the Maven script to build and release. If the b & r is successful then we see the several commits + logs to the SVN.

9817 to 9819 only changes the pom file from what I can tell. I look at this as a nice message to the other devs that the bi-weekly beta release is now done and the rest of you can go ahead and make your commits without worry or inteference.

Dave will have a more technical explanation. :wink:
ok, so the release process commits additional changes. :? that smells of self-modifying code.

Chris, how much trouble would it be for you to advertise the later rev number in this and future betas?
Braids
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 20 Aug 2011, 02:09

Braids wrote:ok, so the release process commits additional changes. :? that smells of self-modifying code.
`
The only change that I can see while I am doing this is to the pom.xml file. There are no other changes to the Head SVN project itself other than the pom.xml file. Oh, and the local target folder acts as a receptacle for the various files that are created. But I clean these out with a Maven command before I make my next commit.

The pom file needs to update the version number that is contained within the pom file so the next beta release will automatically have the next higher version number. This automation is a good thing. :)

Think of the pom file as nothing more than a glorified script file. It builds the forge jar and combines it with the other files and then creates the two archives. The pom file then uploads the archives plus the various reports which are created in this process.

Check out the http://svn.slightlymagic.net/websvn/ site and click on View Log. There is a nice pull down menu with an option labeled Elegant. Anyone who is interested should check it out. :)
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Chris H. » 20 Aug 2011, 02:15

Braids wrote:Chris, how much trouble would it be for you to advertise the later rev number in this and future betas?
`
Today was unique in that I had a ready to go local copy that was at rev 9814. We had a new submission at the next rev, 9815. I did not want to have to run set info script and modify the change.txt file to reflect this last moment submission. It was easier for me to leave these two new cards for the next beta.

We have had a few really busy Fridays in the past with many last moment submissions. I appreciate everyones hard work and effort. But I do need to get the beta out at some point. :mrgreen:
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Bug: Razorgrass Screen

Postby Braids » 20 Aug 2011, 02:43

@Chris: OK.

Razorgrass Screen, without augmentation, is able to block more than one creature. Bellowing Tanglewurm and Giant Spider were attacking. it blocked both. and died. :)

in case you hadn't noticed, i'm playing more Forge today than i have in weeks. :)
Braids
Programmer

Bug: Goblin Charbelcher doesn't put land on bottom of librar

Postby Braids » 20 Aug 2011, 02:49

i have one Karakas in my deck. i used Goblin Charbelcher with 25 cards in my library. only one card was revealed, the Karakas. it should have gone to the bottom of my library, but i drew it the next turn.

edit: i think. don't Fireball me if you can't reproduce it #-o
Last edited by Braids on 20 Aug 2011, 03:16, edited 1 time in total.
Braids
Programmer

Bug: Matsu-Tribe Sniper does not tap Plover Knights

Postby Braids » 20 Aug 2011, 03:13

during Computer's EOT step, i tapped Matsu-Tribe Sniper targeting Plover Knights. Matsu-Tribe Sniper tapped, and Plover Knights received one point of damage. but Plover Knights were not tapped.

looking at res/cardsfolder/m/matsu_tribe_sniper.txt, line 7 (starting with T:) incorrectly lists its damage ability as applying to Combat Damage instead of Any Damage. i don't know how to fix this right now.
Braids
Programmer

Re: Bug: Matsu-Tribe Sniper does not tap Plover Knights

Postby Hellfish » 20 Aug 2011, 09:16

Braids wrote:during Computer's EOT step, i tapped Matsu-Tribe Sniper targeting Plover Knights. Matsu-Tribe Sniper tapped, and Plover Knights received one point of damage. but Plover Knights were not tapped.

looking at res/cardsfolder/m/matsu_tribe_sniper.txt, line 7 (starting with T:) incorrectly lists its damage ability as applying to Combat Damage instead of Any Damage. i don't know how to fix this right now.
Fixed in SVN. (Just removing the CombatDamage$ True parameter will do (and altering the description)) :)
So now you're
Screaming for the blood of the cookie monster
Evil puppet demon of obesity
Time to change the tune of his fearful ballad
C is for "Lettuce," that's good enough for me
Hellfish
Programmer

Re: Bug: Razorgrass Screen

Postby moomarc » 20 Aug 2011, 13:04

Braids wrote:in case you hadn't noticed, i'm playing more Forge today than i have in weeks. :)
Glad to see you enjoying some game time :mrgreen:
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Minor bug: Scourge of the Nobilis acts like Firebreathing?

Postby Braids » 20 Aug 2011, 19:53

this one is minor. my opponent cast Scourge of the Nobilis {SotN} on its Duergar Hedge-Mage {DHM}, {DHM's text is irrelevant. the fact that it is red is important, though.} technically, SotN confers its Firebreathing -like ability to the creature it enchants, so the text "RW: This creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn" should be added to the creature itself. i should see this when i hover over the DHM, yes? instead i'm guessing it acts like Firebreathing, which doesn't add text to its enchantee in this manner.

is this even important? :oops:
Braids
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Forge