It is currently 02 May 2024, 10:21

Text Size

Forge Beta: 03-09-2012 ver 1.2.5 rev 14663

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Forge Beta: 03-09-2012 ver 1.2.5 rev 14663

Postby stephane » 27 Mar 2012, 03:00

AI is controlling a Goblin Glider; whenever this creature attacks, none of my creatures with Flying can block it.

Best guess is that the ability "Goblin Glider can't block" is being applied to creatures blocking the Goblin instead of the other way around.
stephane

Postby friarsol » 27 Mar 2012, 03:03

stephane wrote:AI is controlling a Goblin Glider; whenever this creature attacks, none of my creatures with Flying can block it.

Best guess is that the ability "Goblin Glider can't block" is being applied to creatures blocking the Goblin instead of the other way around.
Are you sure there wasn't anything else in play causing that effect? Nothing looks wrong with the script.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby stephane » 27 Mar 2012, 11:50

I could be wrong! It happened once, and well, unfortunately I died from that single point of damage so can't say if it would of happened again. I had enough blockers, but that one creature couldn't be blocked.

The Goblin card description didn't mention an added effect of fear, or unblockable. The only other thing I can think of is whether the Faerie tokens created by Notorious Throng could have been incorrectly flagged as not having Flying? It was a last ditch effect to stay alive, and I had plenty of Faerie tokens to block the onslaught of Goblins, except for that one unblockable little guy.

Well, if Notorious Throng is okay, and so is Goblin glider, I'll assume user error unless I see that problem again :D

Thanks for looking into it!
stephane

Postby moomarc » 27 Mar 2012, 13:05

stephane wrote:The only other thing I can think of is whether the Faerie tokens created by Notorious Throng could have been incorrectly flagged as not having Flying?
That was exactly the problem. Fixed!
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby stephane » 28 Mar 2012, 00:58

Not sure where to post this, more of an AI issue, but the computer is currently playing Contagion Clasp. However, it keeps activating it every single turn, even if no creature has a -1/-1 counter anywhere in the playing area. Makes for a relatively game since it doesn't have the mana to cast anything else - tied up as it is desperately trying to proliferate non-existing tokens!
stephane

Postby timmermac » 28 Mar 2012, 02:57

Possible bug with Jugan, the Rising Star. Computer attacked with a Phyrexian Snowcrusher. I blocked with Jugan. Jugan went to the graveyard. I was able to put 1 +1/+1 counter onto my Hypnotic Specter. Shouldn't I have been able to put 5 +1/+1 counters on the Hyppie?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby memnoc » 28 Mar 2012, 04:31

I can't recall what caused it to crash but after crashing Forge refuses to re-open. Instead, it immediately crashes and generates a crash log. (crash log is attatched.)

Additionally, I have been having a problem with Everflowing Chalice (multikicker):
I paid for the kicker twice (4 cmc), and the OK button never highlighted--only cancel. I cancelled it and it added it to the stack, yet remained in my hand. It was both in my hand and on the battlefield simultaneously, both instances of it had 2 counters on it (as expected).
I ended my turn with 8 cards in my hand, then discarded the Everflowing Chalice and it sacrificed the one on the battlefield yet remained in my hand. Unsure how to proceed I just ended the duel and replaced it with Thran Dynamo, ha.
Attachments
forge.log
(1.79 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
memnoc

Postby moomarc » 28 Mar 2012, 05:03

memnoc wrote:I can't recall what caused it to crash but after crashing Forge refuses to re-open. Instead, it immediately crashes and generates a crash log. (crash log is attatched.)
Heads up to whichever dev is looking into this, it looks like the same problem squee1968 has been having since mid-Feb, so its not isolated to this beta.
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby Xitax » 29 Mar 2012, 01:47

With Fire Servant in play, casting Lava Axe does its 10 damage, but on the sidebar it only says 5 damage.
Xitax

Postby friarsol » 29 Mar 2012, 02:09

Xitax wrote:With Fire Servant in play, casting Lava Axe does its 10 damage, but on the sidebar it only says 5 damage.
That's not really a bug... a replacement effect doesn't change the amount of damage the source is trying to deal, it just changes it as it's being dealt.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby aleatherglove » 29 Mar 2012, 23:10

Card mechanics bug

Card: Evil Twin

Situation:
A player casts Evil Twin, targeting opponent's Mirror-Mad Phantasm. Spell resolves and clone of MMP comes into play (Evil Twin now to be referred to as "Copy"). Several turns are played out. The Copy uses MMP's natural ability. Both original MMP and the Copy die in combat.

Behaviour 1:
The Copy does not gain ability "UB,T - Destroy target creature with the same name as this creature"
Clicking on Copy at any time other than declare attackers step requests that activation cost 1U be paid to activate ability (Mirror-Mad Phantasm's original ability).
Expected Behaviour 1:
If original creature had an activated ability at time of cloning, clicking the Copy first shows a selection menu of available abilities to activate, then activation cost for selected ability is requested.
Otherwise, clicking the Copy requests activation cost UB be paid to activate the 'destroy original creature' ability.

Behaviour 2:
Evil Twin actually becomes the cloned creature (permanently).
a) If it cloned Mirror-Mad Phantasm for example, and uses that creature's ability, it will be shuffled into the library and cards will be revealed from the library until either another Mirror-Mad Phantasm is revealed OR if the same copy of Evil Twin is revealed.
b) When Evil Twin dies, the graveyard lists it with the name, type, p/t and abilities of the creature it cloned. Selecting it will show the Evil Twin graphic, but otherwise it is still the cloned creature. I'm uncertain how this reacts to abilities targeting the creature in the graveyard or the graveyard itself.
Expected Behaviour 2:
Evil Twin becomes an exact copy of target creature while in play (plus activated ability). But the card itself is still an Evil Twin. Once it leaves play, it loses all traits associated with copied creature and reverts back to a 0/0 Shapeshifter named Evil Twin costing 2UB. (Edit: Hover-over on Shapeshifter not intended. Can't stop it)
So using the cloned Mirror-Mad Phantasm ability with no actual MMPs in your deck would cause your entire library to be milled. And it would never count as a Red Vampire with 3 toughness (or whatever) in your graveyard.

Potential other problems (UNTESTED):
- Copying tokens (Evil Twin copies the original characteristics of that token as stated by the effect that put the token onto the battlefield. Evil Twin is not a token.
- Come into play abilities.

EDIT: I played another game against the same deck. I can now click my Evil Twin (which cloned Mirror-Mad Phantasm again) and correctly receive a menu to select which ability to activate (library trick or kill original creature). I can't tell what caused it not to work before. Same build: 1.2.5 rev14663.

EDIT#2:
Another buggy behaviour with Evil Twin:
If Fiend Hunter removes Evil Twin from play, then subsequently dies, Evil Twin is not returned to the battlefield (where it would be expected to declare another target to clone). Instead, it is returned to the owner's graveyard. This happened after I used Victim of Night on Fiend Hunter during AIs End Turn.
Last edited by aleatherglove on 30 Mar 2012, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.
aleatherglove

Postby aleatherglove » 30 Mar 2012, 00:41

AI casts main-phase-1 Moonmist for no reason and to no effect other than making any attack it might attempt useless. AI did not attack or cast additional spells, then passed the turn.

AI controlled one non-transformable human (Elder of Laurels) and no werewolves or wolves. No transform cards in play at all. AI has no spells/abilities which benefit from graveyard instants (but did have a Wreath of Geists in play). Combat was at a stand-off for several turns, with about 8 creatures on the board, until I attacked the turned before Moonmist was cast with a fresh cast 8/8 Sturmgeist which was not blocked).

This Fog should have been used to prevent damage on my next attack which overran the AI's defenses and killed him.
aleatherglove

Postby Xitax » 30 Mar 2012, 01:43

. Yavimaya's Embrace causes a crash.
Xitax

Postby aleatherglove » 30 Mar 2012, 02:39

Card Mechanics Bug: Curse of Oblivion
Behaviour: "At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, that player exiles two cards from ANY graveyard."
Expected Behaviour: "At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, that player exiles two cards from his/her graveyard."

How it happened:
AI controlled Curse of Oblivion targeted on me.
AI controlled Falkenrath Noble along with two other creatures.
AI and I both have no cards in graveyard.
I cast Dead Weight on Falkenrath Noble. It dies.
I attack with two Sturmgeists and pass the turn.
AI plays a creature. Passes the turn.
Curse of Oblivion activates on my Upkeep. Asks me to select a card. Options include Dead Weight and Falkenrath Noble. I select one, then the other to satisfy CoO.
Graveyards empty. Game continues. I start milling AI with impunity using Nephalia Drownyard and exiling these cards from AI's graveyard. Cheese.
aleatherglove

Postby aleatherglove » 02 Apr 2012, 00:42

Card: Daybreak Ranger
Behaviour: I had Nightfall Predator (Werewolf side of Daybreak Ranger) with a +1/+1 counter and another werewolf in play. Queued both werewolf upkeep effects (transform to human) to stack. Then in response I used the "T: fight target creature" ability targeting a Slayer of the Wicked (3/2). Immediate result: SotW and DR are dead in graveyards. No additional effects played. Nightfall Predator (4+1/4+1) transformed to Daybreak Ranger (2+1/2+1), then fought Slayer, then died?
Expected: 5/5 NP fights the 3/2 SotW, kills it, and survives. "Fight" effect ends. Next effect on stack (transform) processes. NP becomes DR at 2+1/2+1. He is happy.

Card: Zoetic Cavern
Behaviour: Can't be played as a land or as a morph (no reaction or crash report.)
Expected: Works as advertised.
aleatherglove

PreviousNext

Return to Forge