It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:07

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby Sloth » 20 Oct 2015, 11:51

friarsol wrote:AI has Hoofprints of the Stag in Fred Flinstone deck, but it seems very timid about activating it. Not sure if it has to do with worrying about removing counters, or not realizing it can only activate during its own turn.
I did some testing and found that the AI will always activate it in Main 2, when it has the mana (and a quick glance at the code confirms this). The problem with Fred Flinstone is that because of drawing lots of cards there's seldomly mana left for Hoofprints of the Stag.

But if you witness the AI having the mana, but not using it i will take another look.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 20 Oct 2015, 15:01

Sloth wrote:
friarsol wrote:AI has Hoofprints of the Stag in Fred Flinstone deck, but it seems very timid about activating it. Not sure if it has to do with worrying about removing counters, or not realizing it can only activate during its own turn.
I did some testing and found that the AI will always activate it in Main 2, when it has the mana (and a quick glance at the code confirms this). The problem with Fred Flinstone is that because of drawing lots of cards there's seldomly mana left for Hoofprints of the Stag.

But if you witness the AI having the mana, but not using it i will take another look.
I'll grab a screenshot next time I notice it, but I'm pretty sure it was late in the game and the AI had lots of free mana since there was 8+ counters and lots of creatures clogging up the BF. I think I even double checked why he wasn't activating at at the end of my turn when I realized it had a timing restriction.

Having a few flyers would definitely have swung the scales in its favor.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Xyx » 30 Oct 2015, 09:29

This is not a card specific request but the AI Attacking/Blocking Observations thread seems to have disappeared.

AI did not attack me with a bunch of 1/1s despite me not being able to defend. Perhaps it was afraid of my manland, but I could only pay the manland's activation by tapping the manland itself.
Xyx
Tester

Postby timmermac » 30 Oct 2015, 13:13

It's still there. The last post was on 10/24/15. I can move your post over there, if you'd like.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby friarsol » 02 Nov 2015, 02:57

Cards like Ring of Thune don't get attached to creatures with the matching Keyword, even though it provides more bonuses to it (especially when there aren't any other creatures in play)
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby counterspell15 » 02 Nov 2015, 04:26

I suppose this topic is well known for everyone...

Jace, Vryn's Prodigy probably is not using well the ability draw a card then discard a card. In some turns AI is making nothing. Then, when it transforms in planeswalker Jace Telepath Unbound, It seems that AI is always using the ability -3 You may cast target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard this turn. If that card would be put into your graveyard this turn, exile it instead but any card from the gaveyard is used.

Unfortunately this card is widely used nowadays in tournaments :cry:
counterspell15

Postby excessum » 02 Nov 2015, 07:23

counterspell15 wrote:I suppose this topic is well known for everyone...

Jace, Vryn's Prodigy probably is not using well the ability draw a card then discard a card. In some turns AI is making nothing. Then, when it transforms in planeswalker Jace Telepath Unbound, It seems that AI is always using the ability -3 You may cast target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard this turn. If that card would be put into your graveyard this turn, exile it instead but any card from the gaveyard is used.

Unfortunately this card is widely used nowadays in tournaments :cry:
Which version of Forge are you using? You should not be reporting AI problems about cards that are listed as AI-unplayable if you are using the previous beta release...

Anyway, the AI for this is fixed (somewhat) in the SVN builds such that it will only -3 if it is going to cast the spell immediately after that.
excessum

Postby Xyx » 07 Nov 2015, 19:03

It seems the AI likes discarding lands even if it's short on lands.
Xyx
Tester

Postby Sloth » 07 Nov 2015, 20:33

Xyx wrote:It seems the AI likes discarding lands even if it's short on lands.
Can you give a detailed example Xyx?
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Thran75 » 12 Nov 2015, 18:19

I noticed that with Moat or similar cards in play the AI keep casting cards like Ball Lightning or active the Mishra's Factory ability.
Another thing i noticed is with the multikicker ability. Really i almost never seen AI use it. For exemple with loads and loads of free mana i have never seen Joraga Warcaller kicked, same with Wolfbrair Elemental.
Thran75

Postby mrShickadance » 30 Nov 2015, 06:00

Dash Hopes - When playing against ai, the ai will sometimes pay the 5 life, but their spell will also get countered.

Azorius Charm\Boros Charm\Kolaghan's Command - For all three of these, I had no problems with ai using them until latest update. Now when ai uses them, the stack shows the name of the card with nothing else, and then nothing happens. The ai is however able to draw a card with azorius charm and make permanents indestructible with boros charm, but every other option ai picks for these three cards don't do anything anymore.

Phyrexian Obliterator - Ai recklessly blocks, attacks, or burns him when I have Obliterator on field. Ai doesn't understand how to treat this creature.

Abyssal Persecutor - Kind of same issue as Obliterator with ai not understanding creature. Won't block, even when about to receive fatal damage. Should be assumed that this creature will not be staying on battlefield for long after enemy is at 0 or less if a deck is using it.

Detention Sphere - Ai targets its own permanents only when I have no nonland permanents, then selects the no option because of the may exile text, and so nothing happens and it dropped the d sphere for nothing.

Stir the Grave - Not a bug, but I noticed how Postmortem Lunge allows you to select the card directly from the graveyard then gives you the cost instead of making you select x first, making the former a faster and more convenient way of selecting creatures, eliminating the step of selecting x
mrShickadance

Postby mrShickadance » 30 Nov 2015, 06:00

Postmortem Lunge - This card doesn't give the creature haste, when it should.
mrShickadance

Postby shteev » 04 Dec 2015, 10:52

AI casts Despise at me. I have 4 cards in hand, none of which are creatures or planeswalkers, so the Despise whiffs. AI then immediately casts another Despise.
shteev

Postby mrShickadance » 05 Dec 2015, 01:26

Delay - when used to counter a creature spell, it does not receive haste as a suspended creature should after entering the battlefield.

Scavenging Ooze - ai will not use activated ability in response to me targeting a creature card in my graveyard, even though ai has enough available mana to activate. Also targets other cards in my graveyard before creature cards. Should be checks for creature cards in graveyard in response to abilities and at the end of my turn if ai has available mana.
mrShickadance

Postby friarsol » 05 Dec 2015, 02:41

mrShickadance wrote:Delay - when used to counter a creature spell, it does not receive haste as a suspended creature should after entering the battlefield.

Scavenging Ooze - ai will not use activated ability in response to me targeting a creature card in my graveyard, even though ai has enough available mana to activate. Also targets other cards in my graveyard before creature cards. Should be checks for creature cards in graveyard in response to abilities and at the end of my turn if ai has available mana.
Please read the link in my signature, there's a difference between AI improvements and bugs, and your posts don't seem to be differentiating.
friarsol
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Forge