It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 03:57

Text Size

Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card AI (Improvements) Requests

Postby friarsol » 26 Feb 2017, 04:17

AI cast Fourth Bridge Prowler targeting my 7/5 creature, but declined to accept the optional ability. There really isn't any reason to decline at this point, even if there's not a major effect on the game.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby masterdark1905 » 26 Feb 2017, 16:48

I have a 1/1 and a 2/2 an the IA have a 3/3, then the AI plays Incremental Growth and gives himself just one counter, 2 counters for my 1/1 and 3 counters for my 2/2, then the IA attacks and i can block it and detroy its creature.
PD:Sorry for my bad english.
masterdark1905

Postby Hexmage » 08 Mar 2017, 18:57

Hello,
Could it be possible that the instants that ad power and resistance, like Giant growth for instance, the AI plays them after you have blocked the creature, instead of before? That's one of the main issues I find with the AI. It always buff up their creatures before attacking, killing the surprise effect of the card.
Thanks a lot
Hexmage
Hexmage

Postby tojammot » 14 Mar 2017, 14:03

Requesting Squirrel Nest and Earthcraft combo support.
tojammot

Postby mussol » 17 Apr 2017, 14:55

I'm not sure if this is the way it should work, but when playing Lim-Dûl's Vault is not clear the order of the cards you keep.

I think it would be enough with clarifying the text.
mussol

Postby Seravy » 18 Apr 2017, 13:53

-When I put 2x Spirit Link on an enemy creature, it's still attacking even though that makes me gain life.
-The AI seems to ignore the ability of Lowland Basilisk and doesn't react with regeneration abilities, such as Broken Fall when the destroy effect is on the stack
-The AI doesn't remove the second counter from Spike Feeder when it's about to die - it removes only the first one.
-The AI puts Samite Blessing in their draft deck, enchants a creature, but never taps it to prevent damage.
-The AI drafts Magnetic Web and plays it, but puts magnet counters only on their own creatures and pretty much at random, often multiples on the same one.

A suggestion : for AI decklists, it would be nice if we could mark cards as choices for abilities on other cards, for example "Goblin Bombardment - Pick:Enlightened Tutor" would allow the AI to search for that specific card when using the tutor. Or "Squee, Goblin Nabob - Pick:Wild Mongrel, Anvil of Bogardan" would make the AI discard this when they need to discard a card for those two effects. This way the AI could play a lot of cards and decks it currently cannot and it would be able to play different decks differently.
As an additional improvement on this idea, specifying "unique" to not pick the card if the AI already has that card in hand or play can help the AI assemble combo pieces better - this would be useful on tutor type cards only.

more :
-The AI taps Stern Judge even if I control no swamps
-The AI uses Benalish Trapper to tap my creature during their turn then does not attack, when I have a 6/6 dragon legend in play that they cannot block and should be tapping in my turn.
-The same AI as above had Recoil in their hand despite playing only green/white cards and having only forest/plains in play. I'd think they splashed colors but Recoil is blue/black and they had neither so I think it might be a deckbuilding bug? This isn't the kind of card you add 1 swamp and 1 island for and hope you draw them - the card is good but not one that wins games.
-The AI played Restrain and Tangle in that order, making the former meaningless.
-The AI taps Thornwind Faeries to deal 1 damage to me when I have 2 life, no flying creatures and the fairy is 3/3 instead of attacking. The AI doesn't seem to recognize when it has two of these in play that it can tap both to kill an X/2 creature either.
Seravy

Postby Seravy » 22 Apr 2017, 13:03

The AI just used Dark Ritual to play a 4 mana spell when it had 4 untapped lands, leaving 2 swamps untapped and ending the turn. The Dark Ritual was wasted. (the card played was a 4 mana removal, I think Befoul, maybe Eradicate?)

...the AI animated an 1/5 manland and attacked when it had 4 lands in play and at least two 4 mana creatures in hand (and 5 other cards I don't see). It should have summoned one of them. I can hardly call Forbidding Watchtower AI playable if it causes the AI to not play cards from their hand at all in exchange for doing 1 damage.
...the AI did not animate the same manland when it had Worship in play, no other creatures, and a "deals 1 damage to that player" effect was on the stack.

I had 6 creatures in play, the AI had none, and had Catastrophe in hand. It didn't play it and used Radiant's Judgement instead even though it didn't even enough life to survive another turn. I skipped my turn to test further - it then used two copies of Path of Peace instead. Another turn later it played Academy Rector and Quicksilver amulet, leaving Catastrophe the only card in its hand. Then, having no other options, it still didn't the Catastrophe and passed the turn.
This card should clearly be marked AI unplayable, as it didn't play it at all. I passed another 5 turns and it still didn't play the card.
I will have to use Wrath of God in my urza world deck until this gets fixed :(

Edit : Now the AI did Swamp, Dark Ritual, Duress, end turn as first turn play. Dark Ritual clearly isn't working properly yet.
Last edited by Seravy on 29 Apr 2017, 16:47, edited 2 times in total.
Seravy

Postby Seravy » 22 Apr 2017, 19:14

I'm pretty sure this targeting is some sort of a bug?
There is no way killing a 3/2 is a better choice than killing a 20/20. I've seen the AI play other cards, such as Confiscate or maybe Treachery the same way, stealing some crap creature when I had a 20/20 token.

befoul.png

More : The AI targeted Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary with Might of Oaks but tapped it for mana to cast the spell so it was wasted.

And yet another bug : when the AI plays Rhystic Syphon it disappears and isn't played - "failed to target" is added to the log. The AI plays it despite me having 3 untapped land. This card shouldn't be marked AI playable, it isn't.

And more : The AI doesn't play cards more expensive than 2 mana when they have two lands but there are 2 copies of Mana Flare on my side, even though they have 6 mana available. This makes Mana Flare a lot more powerful than it actually is. Auto tapping lands for mana doesn't seem to recognize the effect either.

And another : The AI decided not to sacrifice for Unnatural Hunger even though it didn't have enough life to survive the damage.
...I attacked with a 1/1 creature and the AI removed all 4 counters from Defender en-Vec to prevent 8 damage.
Seravy

Postby MIC132 » 29 Apr 2017, 19:19

So, AI thinks that flipping Wall of deceit back and forth is a good use of mana.
Keeps doing it till it runs out, each turn.
MIC132

Postby lindleya1 » 01 May 2017, 19:20

I had a AI use a generated deck with Wall of Deceit, and it didn't do anything until I killed it because it would spend all it's mana turning it face up, then face down, then face up etc, then end the turn because it had no mana left.
lindleya1

Postby lindleya1 » 03 May 2017, 12:55

Aluren doesn't allow you to cast applicable creatures with it's effect from other zones like graveyard and command zone, when it should.
lindleya1

Postby Hanmac » 03 May 2017, 20:19

@lindleya1: there are news in the release notes about Aluren:
Aluren currently does not allow to cast creatures from other zones (e.g. Graveyard) if there is an active effect from another card permitting to cast them from there. This interaction is rather tricky to implement properly, but hopefully it will be resolved soon.
we know about this but didn't find a way to fix it yet thats why it currently disabled.

the last state was that AI did use it to ask anything from graveyard even if it shouldn't be able to.
Hanmac

Postby Seravy » 06 May 2017, 00:23

In draft the AI played Gush on turn 3, returning two islands, then discarding two cards (the islands) at end of turn.
Same draft, the AI is not tapping their lands (even though Mana Burn is not enabled) to prevent taking lots of damage from Citadel of Pain every turn.
Seravy

Postby Seravy » 30 May 2017, 09:52

The AI targeted my Glimmering Angel when I had untapped islands using Terminate and later Minotaur Illusionist's ability, wasting both cards.
Seravy

Postby Djebb » 03 Jun 2017, 14:50

AI activates mimic vat's ability even though it has no imprints
Djebb

PreviousNext

Return to Forge